Photo

How to get to Lyrar's Hold through the warrens / prison?

Shadows over Soubar Lyrars Hold

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 James M

James M
  • 22 posts

Donator

Posted 26 January 2017 - 04:48 AM

Hi there. Does anyone know how to get to Lyrar's Hold through the warrens, rather than the overland route?

The Major says "...our own prison below the barracks here has been connected for decades to a warren of tunnels…the warren's connect to Lyrar's Hold." He then says you are to decide which route to take (through the warrens or overland/direct assault) and a new Journal entry appears saying the same. The Major concludes with "…let me know if you need anything." but alas he does not speak again even after resting 24 hours.

Please inform where in the prison below the barracks do I click to get to the warrens that lead to Lyrar's Hold?
Worst case: to which area do I CLUA the party to begin the warrens route to the Hold?

This is an excellent mod! I would like to explore it in its entirety!

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 04:55 AM

Very long time ago I had this bug myself.

I added this block to the bottom of ar4288.bcs

IF
OR(2)
Global("CbPartyIsInSoubarMilitia","GLOBAL",7)
Global("CbPartyHuntsSpy","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
TriggerActivation("Tran5000",TRUE)
END

You may try, maybe it is the same problem I had. I do not remember any more details about the issue, sorry. Obviously the transition to the tunnels did not open like it should.

If nothing else helps MoveToArea("ar4320") ....not sure if in this case all the globals are set correctly or you have issues later in the quest.

Edited by Roxanne, 26 January 2017 - 05:01 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 James M

James M
  • 22 posts

Donator

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:43 PM

Thank-you kindly! This worked:

Add the line to the Baldur's Gate 2 ini file under [Program Options]: Debug Mode=1

Play the game, press CTRL-SPACE to open the console window at the bottom of the screen and type:
CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR4320") for the warrens or AR4287 for the lower level of Soubar's Prison.

It's an easier method compared with the direct assault on Lyrar's Hold; you do not have to CLUAConsole to get back to Soubar, area AR4230, just return through the warrens.

This was with BG2 (original).

The SOS mod deserves refinement! I found it to be at least as good as the Siege of Dragonspear main campaign with a better ending.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shadows over Soubar, Lyrars Hold