Photo

BWS EET Tactics Install - SCS Error.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:19 AM

Does anyone have an idea of how I can get past this error? Have tried reinstalling the component but no luck.

ERROR: error loading [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#priest.baf]
ERROR: [YSCLER01.CRE] -> [override/YSCLER01.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2ecl5.bcs]
ERROR: [YSSOLD16.CRE] -> [override/YSSOLD16.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#1ecl3.bcs]
ERROR: error compiling [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#1ecl3.baf]: Out of memory
ERROR: compiling [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#1ecl3.baf]!
ERROR: [ZEELA.CRE] -> [override/ZEELA.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
ERROR: error loading [./override/dw#2ecl7.bcs]
ERROR: [ZILARC01.CRE] -> [override/ZILARC01.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
ERROR: error loading [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\gaal.baf]
ERROR: compiling [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\gaal.baf]!
ERROR: Out of memory
Smarter Priests -> Priests cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component
again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

#2 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:10 AM

previously this error could happen due to extensive patching (mostly due to REPLACE_EVALUATE command used on huge files) during EET installation. I've optimized the code by migrating memory intensive tasks into external LUA code which seems to fix the problem (no reports since then). From your report it looks like BWS may not have enough memory to install all mods at once which may suggest that for some reason system’s memory resources are not freed up after particular mod is installed and whole installation uses the same pool. Maybe batch code like this could help with this task but it's not something that you can implement on your own.

Disable SCS from BWS installation and when BWS finishes everything:

- uninstall setup-EET_end.exe

- install SCS manually (keep in mind that it should be extracted in the game directory before you start BWS installation so that Big World Fixpack can patch it)

- install setup-EET_end.exe

If you won't be able to install SCS manually than your computer is not good enough to handle the installation of that mod. You may need to disable all background programs that eats memory etc. before starting (that should be done either way before even starting BWS).

Edited by K4thos, 10 February 2017 - 07:39 AM.

#3 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:30 PM

can't reproduce it on a full BWS tactical installation (which from what I see has most of the mods including mega mods). And from what I noticed memory usage during BWS installation is properly freed out after each mod is installed so probably the same thing would happen if you try install SCS manually. I suggest disabling all background programs before starting installation.

#4 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

Finally managed to get this to install. I kept trying R and try again but got same error. Exited the program and started where i left off, got the error. Did this step another 10 times before it all worked.

I have a question about ..has conflict with. Refinements and Divine Remix show this message

Notice: BWP 15.5 - HLAs for Clerics, Paladins, Druids, Rangers might conflict (not tested): refinements (component 10) is preferred to Divine_Remix (component 100 or 200).

Now if I remove conflict I loose Divine Remix totally. So I manually choose the HLA's from Refinements and left Druids and Clerics for Divine Remix to look after.

Attached Files

#5 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:53 PM

Finally managed to get this to install. I kept trying R and try again but got same error. Exited the program and started where i left off, got the error. Did this step another 10 times before it all worked.

in such situation repeating it over and over doesn't sound like a good idea when the error is memory (RAM) related. Next time try resetting the computer instead. BWS will continue where it lefts of, so no problem with doing so.

No idea about Refinements and Divine Remix.