Modder

• 3513 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:03 PM

Posted Image

File Name: Longer Road EE
File Submitter: Roxanne
File Submitted: 03 Mar 2017
File Category: BG:EE Mods

NOTE This is the download link (Download button not used)

LongerRoadEE

The mod requires Ascension to be installed first.

"The rumors of my demise were slightly exaggerated."

So says the man himself about his return in ToB in his typical arrogant grandeur.

The Longer Road mod allows you to restore your main adversary from the SoA portion of the game back to life, and take him into the party to fight on your side. There are strings attached though... so be careful how you conduct your negotiations with Irenicus, and what exactly you promise him. Each version of the contract has its negative sides.

Your PC must have both INT and WIS of at least 10 with minimum 11 for one of them in order for Ellesime to start the mod in the Ancient Grove.

The LR mod has 4 possible outcomes for both Irenicus and the PC.

The highlights of the mod, itself, besides the banters and interjections are:

* Volo conversation, new forced talks with Cespenar, Nyalee, Machine of L.t.M., and many Saradush dwellers if you send Irenicus to talk to them. Basically, try talking to every npc you can think of, to see if Irenicus has anything to say.

* Extensive New Quest in the WK. It starts in the demon maze layer as soon as you enter. You have to have Irenicus in the party when you first enter the maze to start the quest.

* A few neat custom items... not much, but some.

* Many of the original in-game npcs have gained portraits.

* Books of the Elven Lore. Learn more about elves of Toril - the books have new unique bams and there are 7 of them altogether. All info in the books was taken from reliable FR/Ad&D sources.

* 4 different epilogues for Irenicus. Try to get them all - hopefully they are different enough to be worth the effort.

FOR BG2EE or EET only

(For old game use V1.5.1 of the mod)

This is a pure technical adaptation of the original mod by ladydorotea. No contents has been altered.

(There may be an optional component be added in the future to reflect Irenicus role during SoD which could not have been in the original mod, of course)

Click here to download this file

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2 nysisyn

nysisyn
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:18 AM

Hello Roxanne,

Thx for your work. Longer road is one of my favorite mod and I'm very happy to enjoy on EET.

Nysisyn

#3 Sergio

Sergio
  • 666 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

This mod had a few issues. Was the porting to EE enough to fix them?

#4 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3513 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:08 PM

This mod had a few issues. Was the porting to EE enough to fix them?

*Known* issues of the BGT version have been fixed, if you refer to ones that have not been reported, who can know?

So far no issues for EET version were reported or detected by me.

The Sandrah Saga

#5 -kiwidoc-

-kiwidoc-

Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:15 AM

I love this mod and would like to run it on my BG2EE but I have a problem. I have a Good Old Games version, and even after I used ModMerge I can't get Ascension to install. Do you absolutely require Ascension (or do you possibly mean if you are going to install Ascension you need to do it before you install longer road?)

#6 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3513 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:31 AM

I love this mod and would like to run it on my BG2EE but I have a problem. I have a Good Old Games version, and even after I used ModMerge I can't get Ascension to install. Do you absolutely require Ascension (or do you possibly mean if you are going to install Ascension you need to do it before you install longer road?)

You do NOT need modmerge in BG2EE at all.

What do you mean by *Good Old Games version*? You probably need this version for it http://www.onlinefic...ongerRoad.html.

The EE version was specifically designed for a big install of EET. It also works on BG2EE v2.3 or better but it requires Ascension for the common fixes of both mods in EE.

You can try to install the original Longer Road on BG2EE but you need to fix it first

Open setup-longerroad.tp2 in any text editor
Comment the "REQUIRE_FILE" lines near the top by adding "//" so that they read:
//REQUIRE_FILE ~Data/25Dialog.bif~ 
//REQUIRE_FILE ~Data/25Scripts.bif~ 
Save.

That one may require console inputs and possibly some CtD with areas in a quest, I cannot say more because I uninstalled it myself as being no fun with bugs and overpowered stuff.

PS - Longer Road EE only needs the Ascension Core component, i.e. you are free to leave the tactical harder stuff out and just use component @0.

Edited by Roxanne, 07 April 2018 - 01:34 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#7 -kiwidoc-

-kiwidoc-

Posted 07 April 2018 - 02:08 AM

I am trying the umpteenth reinstall of the morning - this time without mod merge. Do I need to install Ascension before or after Longer Road? Also, is there any current support for Ascension (the version I have is still just a beta, and doesn't seem to want to install :( )

#8 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3513 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 02:13 AM

I am trying the umpteenth reinstall of the morning - this time without mod merge. Do I need to install Ascension before or after Longer Road? Also, is there any current support for Ascension (the version I have is still just a beta, and doesn't seem to want to install :( )

Do you use this http://lynxlynx.info...scension&pre?  And then the BWFixpack patches to it.

Ascension goes prior Longer Road.

Otherwise I suggest to use BWS as it would do all of that for you.

The Sandrah Saga

#9 -kiwidoc-

-kiwidoc-

Posted 07 April 2018 - 02:26 AM

Do you use this http://lynxlynx.info...scension&pre?  And then the BWFixpack patches to it.

I am not using Big World - just plain old BG2EE. Will that version of Ascension still work.

I followed the link in the first post on this page to https://github.com/B...sion/releases  and downloaded Ascension-20170707

btw the Good Old Game version is one you buy and download before installation. It ebds up in a folder C->GoG Games->Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition

On a more depressing note now I can't get BG Tweaks Anthology to work without mod Merge - still haven't tried Edwin Romabce yet. It was the combination of Edwin Romance plus Longer Road that gave me the most fun I ever had playing anything at all.

#10 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3513 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 02:38 AM

I am not using Big World - just plain old BG2EE. Will that version of Ascension still work.

I followed the link in the first post on this page to https://github.com/B...sion/releases  and downloaded Ascension-20170707

btw the Good Old Game version is one you buy and download before installation. It ebds up in a folder C->GoG Games->Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition

On a more depressing note now I can't get BG Tweaks Anthology to work without mod Merge - still haven't tried Edwin Romabce yet. It was the combination of Edwin Romance plus Longer Road that gave me the most fun I ever had playing anything at all.

Oh, what a mix-up...

BWS is a tool that helps you in an easy way to install mods to your game. You need no Big World for it, it also installs mods on BG2EE in correct version and sequence and with patches where needed.

Do not try to install mods on those GogGames or other protected folders, it always causes trouble.

Modnerge is a tool only needed for BGEE in order to prepare the SoD files for mod installation.

Tweaks Anthology is now this http://gibberlings3....howtopic=27884.

I suggest that you use a clean copy of BG2EE that you put into some non-UAC partition of your PC. Start the game there once and make a save. Afterwards download BWS and follow the instructions here https://forums.beamd...comment/704157.

The Sandrah Saga

#11 kiwidoc_again

kiwidoc_again
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 02:43 AM

Oh, what a mix-up...

BWS is a tool that helps you in an easy way to install mods to your game. You need no Big World for it, it also installs mods on BG2EE in correct version and sequence and with patches where needed.

Do not try to install mods on those GogGames or other protected folders, it always causes trouble.

Modnerge is a tool only needed for BGEE in order to prepare the SoD files for mod installation.

Tweaks Anthology is now this http://gibberlings3....howtopic=27884.

I suggest that you use a clean copy of BG2EE that you put into some non-UAC partition of your PC. Start the game there once and make a save. Afterwards download BWS and follow the instructions here https://forums.beamd...comment/704157.

I'm srtuggling here a bit as I have an illness that affects my memory and my concentration - I've finally found my data so I can log in,

What do you mean by non-UAC portion of my PC? btw the game just auto-installs without allowing me to choose a directory.

I am using the G3 Tweaks anthology v4 - which seems to be the latest one. Using the link you gave I could only find an old beta version from 2016 (at least thats the date on the post with the link)

Edited by kiwidoc_again, 07 April 2018 - 02:47 AM.

#12 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3513 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 04:13 AM

I'm srtuggling here a bit as I have an illness that affects my memory and my concentration - I've finally found my data so I can log in,

What do you mean by non-UAC portion of my PC? btw the game just auto-installs without allowing me to choose a directory.

Since your problems have nothing to do with the Longer Road mod but are more general questions about

*How to install mods on BG2EE from Gog*

it would be best to post or search for help on a more general thread. Many people may be able to help you but they will not see your posts here on a topic dealing only with one special mod.

The Sandrah Saga

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BG2EE, ToB, EET, NPC