Photo

Is it possible to make a projectile pierce true enemies?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:22 AM

Hi

Is it possible to make a projectile pierce true enemies and hit the next one? Or simular effect? :)

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:24 AM

Hi

Is it possible to make a projectile pierce true enemies and hit the next one? Or simular effect? :)

Do you mean true enemies or through enemies?

A similar effect would be a bow shooting projectiles that hit more than one enemy. Those exist.

In item ability ranged you can select for projectiles when using magic missiles the number that can be triggered by one shot.

PS - not sure about this, but I think the first target needs to die before a second will be hit.

Edited by Roxanne, 03 March 2017 - 05:32 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:54 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Roxanne" data-cid="593543" data-time="1488547471"><p>
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Gel87" data-cid="593541" data-time="1488547370"><p>Hi<br />
<br />
Is it possible to make a projectile pierce true enemies and hit the next one? Or simular effect? :)</p></blockquote>
Do you mean true enemies or through enemies?<br />
 <br />
A similar effect would be a bow shooting projectiles that hit more than one enemy. Those exist.<br />
In item ability ranged you can select for projectiles when using magic missiles the number that can be triggered by one shot.<br />
 <br />
PS - not sure about this, but I think the first target needs to die before a second will be hit.</p></blockquote>

I was thinking of using silverdragon breath projectile to look like a bone spear as in diablo 2, im making a bone necromacer.
Basicly a skeleton animation with a very special staff i made, who Also gonna have ampily damage, lower res curses, corpse explotion, poison explotion, sacrifice, Poison nova, animate dead custom spell via staff, bone spirit via staff, summon clay golem(weaker edition, but progressive), fire golem, death spell, teeth and bone spear.

The only 2 skills i have issues with making is bonespear and teeth, but i think there is a white spray spell i can use as teeth?

#4 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:20 PM

A Alicorn Spear would fit?

If yes, I can give you mine and the projectile file I use. You will only have to modify the pro file to suit your needs. ;)

Edited by Gwendolyne, 03 March 2017 - 12:20 PM.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#5 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:42 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Gwendolyne" data-cid="593560" data-time="1488572423"><p>
A Alicorn Spear would fit?<br />
 <br />
If yes, I can give you mine and the projectile file I use. You will only have to modify the pro file to suit your needs. ;)</p></blockquote>

I could check it out yes, my plan late yesterday evening was to make it so that it deals x amount crushing dmg to target and less x amount of piercing to suroundings and just write in text that it shatters on inpact :)

I remember making an bow once which was supposed to deal acid damage to suroundings, at first try it hit the entire current level of irenicus cave xD

I was playing around with making corpse explotion and sacrifice yesterday, i dont know If They work before i can test them out, but if i fail, is it possible to make a dead creature or actor casting spell on himself? :P

#6 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:41 AM

@Gel87 Which browser do you use? Every posts you make is messedup

It's not the browser's fault, IP.Board's mobile layout defaults to the stupidest fucking post formatting in the world. Even when it's not supported by the forum.

Will happen whenever you're posting from the toilet, basically.

#7 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:57 AM

@Gel87 Which browser do you use? Every posts you make is messedup

Im using phone during daytime xD Got kids... xD

#8 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:59 AM

Then Gel87, you could reply without quoting, like I just did.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#9 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:54 PM

+1 with The Imp: reading your posts is such... :WTF: :crazy:  :crazy: 

The attached file contains my projectile, the bam and the sound (ogg) files.

If you decide to use them and for compatibility purpose, please let me know and insert those lines in your tp2 :

ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~GWLceAlP.bam~ THEN BEGIN
            COPY ~%MOD_FOLDER%/your folder/GWLceAlP.bam~  ~override/GWLceAlP.bam~
           //same for the pro file if you don't alter it.
        END

I will do the same in my mod. ;)

Attached Files

CARPE DIEM ....

#10 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:09 PM

+1 with The Imp: reading your posts is such... :WTF: :crazy:  :crazy:

The attached file contains my projectile, the bam and the sound (ogg) files.

If you decide to use them and for compatibility purpose, please let me know and insert those lines in your tp2 :

COPY ~%MOD_FOLDER%/your folder/GWLceAlP.bam~  ~override/GWLceAlP.bam~
        END

I will do the same in my mod. ;)

I will stop quoting when on phone^^

I'll check it out, btw is it supposed to be an .OGG file? Or did VLC player totally fuck it up? xD

Is this correct? It fails installation. Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat" , "GELKITNE/AlicornSpear/GWLceAIP.bam")

COPY ~GELKITNE/Alicorn Spear/GWLceAlP.bam~  ~override/GWLceAlP.bam~
                 ~GELKITNE/Alicorn Spear/GWLceAlI.bam~  ~override/GWLceAlI.bam~
                 ~GELKITNE/Alicorn Spear/GWTRra19.ogg~  ~override/GWTRra19.ogg~ // Or should i change bolded with GWTRra19.wav?
        END

Anyway, i made the kit. It's done, but got spells issues. (havent bothered with description on items and spells yet, i also need to test some more ofc.)
Problem 1: Staff of Necromancy (edition +1 to +5 got a 3rd attack type ranged who summons undeads with a custom animate undead spell, the "+0" edition this feature is removed. However it also got a 2nd ranged attack(bone spirit) who cast a custom Lachors: Minor Drain spell. This exist in the +0 edition as well.)
- The "Bone spirit" dosen't seem to cast at correct level, maby i should just put different values at "cast spell, at level# " The GENEC6 again cast the spell, maby i should make several melee: with level requirements casting the correct level at bonespirit2(GENEC7)? The dmg is also wrong, its magic not the correct type xD.
- After starting a new game, the animate dead attack works once(summons the creatures). The staff is designed to dissapear after x amount of charges(2 charges at lower levels). After casting this once, it will never work again, i have tryed to load earlier game, i have tryed to rest and recast staff. The function/spell just seems to dissapear. When i then cast, it just shots the projectile and dont summon shit xD
- The summon spell itself is designed differently, however at level 7 it is supposed to summon 1 ghast (100% chance) + either zombie or skeleton (50% chance each), the times i have tryed it have just summoned them all 3 xD How can i make it summon either this or that and not both? xD

Projectiles:
- I have tryed to make customized projectiles, to fit spells intentions better, forexample either let bonespear pierce true target, or make it explode into bone splints to dmg a far less piercing dmg on sourounding creatures(enemies or allies) However when i copy a projectile and call it a new name, it does not appear on the projectiles list when i wanna choose it for spells O_o
- I got several projectiles failures. Psn explotion, corpse explotion i want to explode on a dead actor. I copied from the ressurect spell to make this. However im not able to click on dead bodies, only living ones. And when it explode it seems to hit the entire irenicus cave at once. Sacrifice i tryed to make such that only allies could be targeted, that also failed, i can target enemies as well, else the spell seems to work xD

Could any1 help me with this?
A list to make it easier:
GENEC0.itm - GENEC5.itm = Staff of Necromancy +0 to +5(fails at the 2 ranged attacks as described over)
GENEC3.spl = Bone Spear (i like the projectileanimations and hit animations, but would like a piercing effect or exploding effect O_o)
GENEC4.spl = Corpse Explotion (can't target dead bodies + can target live bodies + dmg entire map = wrong xD)
GENEC8.spl = Staff Animate Dead (uses the .eff and .cre numbers GENEC00.eff/cre to GENEC17.eff/cre, the problem here is in the staff i guess, maby i should change this with a magic charges albility? But wanted to spam summons at higher levels via staff xD)
GENEC9.spl = Sacrifice(supposed to only be targeting allies, the kill target"exploding death etc i dont see either)
GENEC13.spl = Poison Explotion (can't target dead bodies + can target live bodies + dmg entire map = wrong xD)
GENEC6 & 7 = Bone spirit, should cast at different levels via staff and dmg should be the spell dmg, it fails xD

Kit:

Attached File  Gel87's Skeletal Necromancer.rar   1.36MB   88 downloads

#11 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:26 PM

Is this correct? It fails installation. Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat" , "GELKITNE/AlicornSpear/GWLceAIP.bam")

Gwendolyne's mod likely has a Handle_Audio -weidu-command in the mod which handles the .ogg file conversion into the correct music file for the two games use, so you probably want to use the same thing, and also the VLC should be able to play the .ogg file, so no, it's not an .mp3 file... but the player can play it non the less.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#12 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:22 PM

Gwendolyne's mod likely has a Handle_Audio -weidu-command in the mod which handles the .ogg file conversion into the correct music file for the two games use, so you probably want to use the same thing, and also the VLC should be able to play the .ogg file, so no, it's not an .mp3 file... but the player can play it non the less.

Okay :)

Btw how can i make selfmade projectile appear correctly when chosing a .pro for a melee/ranged/magical effect? Seems like if im able to do this i have commed far in my spell issues ^^ 

However i dont know if it can help me beeing able to only choose to select dead creatures / party creatures and nothing else^^

The staff i can take a long look into, and probarly get a fix on myself xD

It also look like the xp nerf doesent work as intended. What i did was that i put this in a helm(had in kit stats earlier but moved helm now for test:

XP bonus: set%, 50, self, instant/permanent.

And then i have an ammu which gives 100k xp, just to flash on/off to test out the levels skills etc. When i flash this the char still gets his fully 100k xps :S How do people make chars gain -50% exp for kills and quest?

Edited by Gel87, 05 March 2017 - 04:29 PM.

#13 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

That's it: a wav file converted into ogg format and installed with HANDLE_AUDIO function. I gave you the ogg file for compatibility purpose.

It seems WeiDU is looking for the AlicornSpear folder while your code mention Alicorn Spear (with a space). Btw, try to avoid spaces in folder names.

CARPE DIEM ....

#14 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:51 PM

That's it: a wav file converted into ogg format and installed with HANDLE_AUDIO function. I gave you the ogg file for compatibility purpose.

It seems WeiDU is looking for the AlicornSpear folder while your code mention Alicorn Spear (with a space). Btw, try to avoid spaces in folder names.

I had already changed the name of the folder to a word without spaces, but i had forgotten a sub folder xD

So if i gonna put such a sound file in i must use a HANDLE_AUDIO function? (EDIT: i Saw now u have linked it to me, thanks a lot :D)

Anyway, i did some googeling about projectiles. It has been a problem for me several times, normally just makes me drop to make the spell at all xD 

Its time for me to learn this xD

So, if i want to make bone spear piercing true several enemies during its path, would this be the correct way of doing it?

1. Copy the lightning bolt projectile: (lightb.pro)

2. Change the animation of projectile and coulours to look like the silver breath one(cdbehbla.pro) in nearinfi

3. Remove the explotion effect in near infinity on the new projectile(or actually light bolt dont have this, so dont implement it, however changing the hit animation)

4. Find a way of putting 2 extra projectiles travelling in line very close to eachothers meanwhile only the first one actually makes dmg(dno if this would be neccesary but would be more like the d2 bonespear then xD I also have no clue how to do this)

5. tp2 file stuff:

//Part 2 add (Bone Spear) with projectile:

ADD_PROJECTILE      ~GENEC/GENEC3.PRO~  // custom projectile
COPY ~GELKITNE/GENEC3.spl~ ~override/GENEC3.spl~ // Bonespear spell
  SAY NAME1 @19
  SAY NAME2 @19
  SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @20
  SAY DESC @20
  WRITE_SHORT   0x09c ~%GENEC3%~  //is this the correct asci value? I copied from a google search which was putting it into a darth.itm xD

Then i would like to make the sacrifice projectile, i think the best way would be to split into 2 spells(can this work).:
Spell 1:
1. Copy some spell that targets single ally only(any1 know 1? Maby invisibility? Heal can target enemies i think :S)
2. Copy a single target projectile(i think the function to cast on allies only might lay here somewhere). Remove the projectile animation(set to none), speed up the frames pr second for this, and give it a SPSDIMPA.VVC explotion animation. (just using the behblah.pro as base again and remove the travell projectile animation + speed up travel frames pr sec)
Melee 1-x (level dependent)
Effect: 0 - Cast Spell at level ¤, source"spell 2", preset target, 100% chance, instand/permanent (different level in each meele effect)
Effect: 1 - Kill Target, Exploding death, preset target, 100% chance, instand permanent/til death
Use same code to add this:
ADD_PROJECTILE      ~MyMod/MYPRO.PRO~
COPY ~MyMod/myspell.spl~ ~override/myspell.spl~
names/descripion etc @
  WRITE_SHORT   0x09c ~%myspell%~

Spell 2:
2. Copy the Skulltrap projectile. Making projectile: None, Explotion animation and pro same as before, removing delay and spesial functions that would slow the explotion down. Keep the framents thing.
3. Making the the spell with different level dependent melee containing wanted effects and use same code to add projectile to spell.
ADD_PROJECTILE      ~MyMod/MYPRO.PRO~
COPY ~MyMod/myspell.spl~ ~override/myspell.spl~
names/descripion etc @
  WRITE_SHORT   0x09c ~%myspell%~

For the corpse explotion and psn explotion i think i need to copy the resurect or some other spell who can target dead bodies? Any1 know which? I guess its actually the projectile i need to copy to get to click dead bodies, if that even exist in bgee/bg2ee?
Then just make travell projectile none, and make explotion projectile skulltrap/SPBDIMSP.BAM + SPSDIMPDA.VVC or bam. For the psn one i would love a psn sound xD Like a gassy or windy sound xD Any1 know 1? :)

Would this stuff work? 

Edited by Gel87, 06 March 2017 - 03:52 PM.

#15 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:24 AM

Okay, i have now made some projectiles.

- Staff's got 1 melee and 2 different ranged attacks.

I would love to put GENPRO6.pro into item albililty 1: Ranged(2) as projectile there.

and i would like to put None into the item albility 2: Ranged(2) as projectile there.

- I would also like to put GENPRO6.pro into GENEC6.spl.

Here is melee effect: 0 to 5

- GENPRO4.pro for GENEC20.spl & GENEC21.spl

- GENPRO3.pro for GENEC3.spl (GENPRO3.pro got secondary projectile GENPRO0.pro which i would like to reference to in projectile)

- GENPRO9.pro for GENEC9.spl.

//Can i put this before i copy and say name/say descr indentified/unindentified. Like this:

BEGIN "Second component aka GELNE2"

ADD_PROJECTILE      ~GENEC/GENPRO0.PRO~

ADD_PROJECTILE      ~GENEC/GENPRO3.PRO~

ADD_PROJECTILE      ~GENEC/GENPRO4.PRO~

ADD_PROJECTILE      ~GENEC/GENPRO6.PRO~

ADD_PROJECTILE      ~GENEC/GENPRO9.PRO~

//then continue with stuff like this?

//Part 2 (Staff of Necromancy)
COPY ~GELKITNE/GENEC0.itm~ ~override/GENEC0.itm~
  SAY NAME1 @1
  SAY NAME2 @1
  SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @2
  SAY DESC @2

WRITE_SHORT   0x09c ~%GENPRO6%~  // I dont know if this is the correct hexa-number(but google said so xD) and i dont know how to put it spesific into item //albility 1: Ranged(2).

//For spells. Spells normally use same projectiles at different melee/ranged albilties.

//Can i just do this then?

//Part 2 (Bone Spear)
COPY ~GELKITNE/GENEC3.spl~ ~override/GENEC3.spl~
  SAY NAME1 @19
  SAY NAME2 @19
  SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @20
  SAY DESC @20
  WRITE_SHORT   0x09c ~%GENPRO3%~

Or can i just use the ADD_PROJECTILE      ~xxx~ function. Install the kit. Then manually change projectiles in spells and items, then re-export items/spells back into mod folder? Or can then the projectile number become wrong if other users have other mods with projectiles installed?

Plz need help, im stucked at this xD

#16 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:46 AM

WeiDU is your friend:

COPY ~%MOD_FOLDER%/Kits/GWCD212.spl~    ~override/GWCD212.spl~    SAY NAME1 #12041    SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC #12160
    LPF ALTER_SPELL_HEADER INT_VAR projectile = (IDS_OF_SYMBOL (projectl GWInAr25) + 1) END
BUT_ONLY

In your case, first add all your projectiles as you did with the ADD_PROJECTILE function. Then,

SAY NAME1 @1
  SAY NAME2 @1
  SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @2
  SAY DESC @2
    LPF ALTER_ITEM_HEADER INT_VAR header = n projectile = (IDS_OF_SYMBOL (projectl GENPRO6) + 1) END // with n = the number of the ability header (starting from 1) that should be altered. A value of 0 matches all header. (default 0)

COPY ~GELKITNE/GENEC3.spl~ ~override/GENEC3.spl~  SAY NAME1 @19  SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @20
    LPF ALTER_SPELL_HEADER INT_VAR projectile = (IDS_OF_SYMBOL (projectl GENPRO3) + 1) END

Notes: spells files don't need NAME2 and DESC fields. With those functions, you can forget the exact hex offset. ;)

Edited by Gwendolyne, 07 March 2017 - 06:27 AM.

CARPE DIEM ....

#17 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:02 AM

WeiDU is your friend:

COPY ~%MOD_FOLDER%/Kits/GWCD212.spl~    ~override/GWCD212.spl~    SAY NAME1 #12041    SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC #12160
    LPF ALTER_SPELL_HEADER INT_VAR projectile = (IDS_OF_SYMBOL (projectl GWInAr25) + 1) END
BUT_ONLY

In your case, first add all your projectiles as you did with the ADD_PROJECTILE function. Then,

SAY NAME1 @1
  SAY NAME2 @1
  SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @2
  SAY DESC @2
    LPF ALTER_ITEM_HEADER INT_VAR header = n projectile = (IDS_OF_SYMBOL (projectl GENPRO6) + 1) END // with n = the number of the ability header (starting from 1) that should be altered. A value of 0 matches all header. (default 0)

COPY ~GELKITNE/GENEC3.spl~ ~override/GENEC3.spl~  SAY NAME1 @19  SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @20
    LPF ALTER_SPELL_HEADER INT_VAR projectile = (IDS_OF_SYMBOL (projectl GENPRO3) + 1) END

Notes: spells files don't need NAME2 and DESC fields. With those functions, you can forget the exact hex def. ;)

Wow, thank you so much :D

I will go stright into it.

So then :

LPF ALTER_ITEM_HEADER INT_VAR header = n1 projectile = (IDS_OF_SYMBOL (projectl GENPRO6) + 1) END
Or
LPF ALTER_ITEM_HEADER INT_VAR header = 1 projectile = (IDS_OF_SYMBOL (projectl GENPRO6) + 1) END

For albility 1?

Do i need the end? Im afraid it might stop the first BEGIN second component?

How do i change the secondary projectile in a projectile? Like this?

ADD_PROJECTILE      ~GENEC/GENPRO3.PRO~

LPF ALTER_PROJECTILE_HEADER INT_VAR secondary projectile = (IDS_OF_SYMBOL (projectl GENPRO0) + 1) END

Edited by Gel87, 07 March 2017 - 05:16 AM.

#18 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:32 AM

It works now, i Put the summoning skill at staffs magic albilities, just have to change % chance to cast spell, i also need to change casting of bone spirit from self to preset target lol xD

What doesent work correctly yet is sacrifice and corpse spell, but i think i forgot to add the correct ones in clab table and i forgot to export the updated versions.

Bonespear now Pierce enemies, reflects from walls and looks awsome :-)

How can i nerf xp gained? :-)

Edited by Gel87, 07 March 2017 - 06:51 AM.

#19 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:18 PM

How can i use ding0 xp mod such that it reads

IF kit GELKITNE?

So that this kit only gets the xp effects?

Anyway, the mod looks like this now, hope its finnished, but missing xp nerfing^^

Attached File  Gel87's Skeletal Necromancer.rar   1.61MB   180 downloads

Edited by Gel87, 07 March 2017 - 01:31 PM.

#20 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

How can i use ding0 xp mod such that it reads

IF kit GELKITNE?

So that this kit only gets the xp effects?

You don't. You use the opcode #104, with parameter1 at say 105, and parameter2 at 2. This should give you 5% bonus xp total on comparison to everyone else in the party. Ouh and say you gain normally 400xp, now you get 420 xp, if you don't split it among the other characters(as it multiplies the effected characters xp, not the total earned). Like said, it's totally scale-able... so goes 300% xp thanks with triple multi class char..

Edited by The Imp, 07 March 2017 - 01:04 PM.