EET Tweak

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:36 PM

File Name: SoD Banter Restoration (for EET)
File Submitter: Roxanne
File Submitted: 19 Mar 2017
File Category: [Link to SHS page deleted - no longer valid]

DOWNLOAD

SoD uses the new (new does not mean improved) concept to display banters between your NPCs in stringhead texts instead of conventional dialogues. These pseudo-banters can be easily overlooked and they are not stopping the game like normal dialogues (often they appear in between battles or mixed with other information).

Within the EET context, this approach separates SoD from the rest of the game where banters are done traditionally via dialogues. It disrupts the EET idea of a continuos game with continuos creatures and features.

This mod converts the major banters of the continuous NPCs during SoD into *old-style* dialogues that interrupt the game and require player interaction. About 80 longer conversations during SoD are thus restored and maybe recognised by players for the first time. Many of them deserve larger attention.

I excluded banters that were labelled *insults* (files BDIns001 - 030), they really contain only NPCs calling each other names. I also excluded banters that are only between pure SoD characters and do not involve any of the continuos NPCs.

In addition, the mod contains revised triggers for the banter dialogues.

Installation guidance:

Install the mod after all other mods which add banters to the game, i.e. right before installing EET_end.

This mod is only available for EET - only this modification allows the definition of banter files for the SoD campaign.

[Link to SHS page deleted - no longer valid]

Attached Files

Edited by jastey, 19 August 2022 - 01:16 AM.
removed invalid links.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:55 AM

I like the mod but I've got a question for mod NPCs. Some of them have dialogue banters and some still have SoD style overhead texts. Your own Sandrah talks normal, no wonder. I also love Sirene but she's not covered. Is there a way to add her?

#3 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 03:04 AM

I like the mod but I've got a question for mod NPCs. Some of them have dialogue banters and some still have SoD style overhead texts. Your own Sandrah talks normal, no wonder. I also love Sirene but she's not covered. Is there a way to add her?

The mod only covers vanilla SoD NPCs.

Sandrah has *normal* dialogue banters because that is how the Sandrah mod is designed. SoD banter mod does nothing with her.

Sirene has overhead banters because the modder has chosen that presentation.

There are two ways for mods in SoD to handle this (if they care at all):

- the mod could add an option to chose the display you want. Probably easiest and best.

- the modder could just push an addon to this mod's github repository with its contents so it installs if the mod is detected.

There is no way that I could incorporate mod NPCs because

a) the mod owner may not like it

b) there is no way to keep things updated and synchronized if the author updates the mod

c) foreign language translations would not be covered

Edited by Roxanne, 30 January 2018 - 03:06 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:01 AM

@Roxanne
Seeing your newest edit for this mod, I am taken aback:

https://github.com/R...845fa304d1dab28

So, with this mod, the neutral line "They all do. For the moment." will be changed into your view of the abduction scene to "They all do, Mae'Var. For the moment.".

I request you remove your personal view from a mod that is supposed to be a tweak of how original game dialogue is presented, not changing it!

And a personal comment: after failing to shove this down players' throats with your EET-"Fix"pack you now smuggle your content into a supposedly neutral mod? It seems you do not even stop at a mod like this to add your own little extras. Off of my mod list, I guess - a real pity.

#5 Isewein

Isewein
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 March 2024 - 05:40 PM

So, since this mod seems to be the typical Roxanne-style pig in a poke and AstroBryGuy's version is explicitly incompatible with EET, it seems that we're stuck with missing half of SoD's banters in EET... Or am I missing an updated version somewhere?

Edited by Isewein, 05 March 2024 - 05:41 PM.

#6 Yakkuz

Yakkuz
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 March 2024 - 02:42 PM

It is not extensively tested, but by removing (or commenting out)

REQUIRE_PREDICATE NOT GAME_IS ~eet~ @6

from setup-SoDDialogBanters.tp2, it should install on EET and hopefully it will work without issues (here is the original post)

#7 Isewein

Isewein
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 09:03 AM

Oh, great to know. Thank you!