Installation of BGT wont start (anthology version)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -Rudlab-

-Rudlab-

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:47 AM

Hi,

I bought the Dungeons and Dragons Anthology and wanted to install the megamod BGT. I can not make the installation of BGT start (via install.bat). It wants me to install the 5512-patch for BG1. When I checked it, i figured out, it was already installed. (readme_totsc told me that) I tried to reinstall the offical patch manually. It didnt work. I tried that trick with the creation of a file readme_patch.txt. It still didnt work.

I executed the install.bat as an administrator, anti-virus-software is disabled. BG1+2 are not installed in the /program files directory. I could start the games and save them. The big world setup downloaded and extracted all mods (recommended version), no error messages.

So I have no clue, havent found a solution for that problem and I like to ask you, if you have some ideas. My guess is, that I just need to override that check for the 5512-patch, but I have no idea how this could be done.

Best regards

#2 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:05 AM

Greetings,

The Imp posted recently a useful (to me) reply at a topic of mine. Hope it will help.

http://www.shsforums...e-4#entry593700

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:07 AM

Sorry for pushing the thread up, but I still don't have any idea.

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:08 AM

Oh, that was a x-post. Thanks I will look into that.

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:28 AM

Sorry for the triple post. I figured the problem. I tried to run the install.bat from the extra folder which BWS created, but I had to run it from the original BG2-Folder. I am still puzzling, why the option to create a special one for the modded version is there, when it doesn't work.