Photo

Does personal reputation do anything?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:37 PM

Supposedly it can make fall a ranger and a paladin, though if low party reputation doesn't... it doesn't, does it? I haven't played either very far, just on account of knowing that my paladin would have to make the same stupid and bloody "choices" that everybody else gets in the game. How about flooding the Cloakwood mine with everyone in it - does that make a fallen paladin? If they do fall, how can they be redeemed except by an opposite opcode?

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:49 AM

Reputation below 8 makes a Paladin fall, they get a fighter kit assigned to them. Only the Paladin order of Radiant Hearth can restore a fallen paladin.
A reputation bellow 6 makes a Ranger fall, and I don't think there's a way to redeem that... that I remember.

The Cloakwoods mine flooding is a non issue if you have high reputation, but if you have low (9), you will fall. But for that, you have to not have helped anyone and gotten bad reputation, as you start with 12 reputation as a Lawful Good charname.

Murder sprint, go for it.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:45 AM

You can redeem a fallen ranger during the ranger stronghold quest. Idk if there's an opportunity for that in BG1.

#4 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:46 AM

Flooding ppl alive is kind of an act that'd make a paladin fall, so I dunno why it doesn't.

#5 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:26 AM

There is a lot in both games that ought to make a paladin fall immediately and with his face in a cake. But, that aside, here seems a ready opportunity for a mod for BG1: redemption for paladins and rangers... Of course, if a paladin did something like flood the mine intentionally, not even Helm himself could restore him.