Photo

Problems with Worldmap in the Enhanced Trilogy

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Davias

Davias
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 11:54 AM

I have some problems with the map in Siege of Dragonspear. I cannot travel to the dragonspear castle courtyard from the worldmap. Not from coalition camp, not from dead man's pass.  Only with the console I am able to reach the courtyard.. Maybe it is a bug with the worldmap modification or something? Can someone tell me if it is a known problem in the Enhanced Trilogy mods?

Here I have a picture of the worldmap and my WEIDUlog attached

Attached Files

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:10 PM

I have some problems with the map in Siege of Dragonspear. I cannot travel to the dragonspear castle courtyard from the worldmap. Not from coalition camp, not from dead man's pass.  Only with the console I am able to reach the courtyard.. Maybe it is a bug with the worldmap modification or something? Can someone tell me if it is a known problem in the Enhanced Trilogy mods?

Here I have a picture of the worldmap and my WEIDUlog attached

This looks pretty much like you used the BP-BGT-Worldmap mod WITHOUT the patch (from fixpack) required for EET. Is that possible?

If yes, check this post http://gibberlings3....topic=27741&hl=

and maybe other mods listed in section 3 may have the same issue...

Edited by Roxanne, 11 June 2017 - 12:14 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 Davias

Davias
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:18 PM

I thought I had all mods installed correctly (?). It was the recommended version from the Big World Setup, I think.

Ok, I have tried it again a few times and somehow, when I click on a tiny point above the castle icon, I can actually travel there.

But it seems a little weird. I had no such problems until now.

And thanks for the quick answer :new_thumbs:

Edited by Davias, 11 June 2017 - 12:20 PM.

#4 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:25 PM

I thought I had all mods installed correctly (?). It was the recommended version from the Big World Setup, I think.

Ok, I have tried it again a few times and somehow, when I click on a tiny point above the castle icon, I can actually travel there.

But it seems a little weird. I had no such problems until now.

And thanks for the quick answer :new_thumbs:

In this case it is the missing patch for sure. You do not have the distinct icons for the SoD maps, they all look the same and they overlap.

It is weird however that BWS did that - unless, a couple of months ago there was a problem with the patch used in BWS (solved meanwhile) for a week or two. Maybe you were unlucky to install at just that period?

The Sandrah Saga

#5 Davias

Davias
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:33 PM

Mh, yes...my installation is a few months old. Which patch do I need and is it save to install it now in my ongoing playthrough?

#6 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:48 PM

Mh, yes...my installation is a few months old. Which patch do I need and is it save to install it now in my ongoing playthrough?

Looking at your Weidu.log it should be possible to fix it, however slightly cumbersome.

The main issue is to make the map effective in game. You would need to modify one of your saves (e.g. by using Near Infinity) and afterwards you will have lost the indications of visited/not visited areas on the worldmap. The thing is that the worldmap is not only a picture but also a part of your save where additional information is stored. Once you started the game, this file is constantly updated and in game you use that updated file, not the one originally installed.

Fact is, to do a repair only makes sense if you know how to edit a savegame and if you accept to start with a virgin map on which you need to find each area anew if you want to visit it. (If you have experience in Weidu, it may also be possible to transfer the additional save data, depends on your knowledge in these things.)

Edit

To give you a rough idea

You need to uninstall all mods installed after worldmap in reverse order - then uninstall worldmap - patch worldmap - reinstall it. Install the remaining mods in the original order (including EET_end which takes some time.

Then edit a savegame to make the new map effective - then check if everything works again.

(Optional create a weidu script to transfer old save information to new map).

Alternative is to live with the issue. There is not that much travelling in the late part of SoD anyway.

Or maybe wait until someone else has a better proposal than mine.

Edited by Roxanne, 11 June 2017 - 12:56 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#7 Davias

Davias
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:57 PM

Ok, it seems it is a little too complex for my minor modding skills :)

But I am almost done with siege of dragonspear and then I am beginning with BG2EE. I would prefer not to tackle around with my save and the mods.

Are there further problems without the fix?

#8 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:04 PM

Ok, it seems it is a little too complex for my minor modding skills :)

But I am almost done with siege of dragonspear and then I am beginning with BG2EE. I would prefer not to tackle around with my save and the mods.

Are there further problems without the fix?

I think you should be fine in BG2, the patch was for SoD and IWD maps that are not part of the original Worldmap mod.

The Sandrah Saga

#9 Davias

Davias
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:12 PM

Ok, thanks for the quick help, Roxanne!