Photo

Different kinds of damage

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:28 PM

Since the undead by AD&D rules can't be healed with Healing sphere spells, I'm going to have to look into alternative ways of conferring hit points on them. The reverse of Cure spells, Cause Wounds, should restore them. There is no Cause Light Wounds or Cause Moderate Wounds in BG:EE, though Spell Revisions and other mods like that might have added them. In any event, those spells are going to have to be modified and the undead receive an immunity to the Current Hit Points Bonus effect, because that effect would cover cures for both the living and the undead. The alternative is to edit the existing Cure spells so that they deliver their healing only to non-undead creatures and separately fix the Cause spells to harm everyone but undead (and golems etc.) and heal just the undead.

If I go for the option of blocking Current HP Bonus for the undead, I could use Damage (12) with a negative number as a variant cure. But it gives a message that such and such was "immune to my damage" after it heals. Not a big deal, but still. Any more ways to heal outside of CHB and Damage?

#2 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:00 PM

177 undead with reverse effect (heal for Cause Wounds, damage for Cure), and follow that with another 177 to 206 the remainder of spell's effects.

Of course, I provide zero guarantee it won't create bizarre AI behavior somewhere. Pretty sure Bodhi has been using Heal in some cutscene (or maybe not).

Edited by GeN1e, 18 June 2017 - 04:03 PM.

Retired from modding.

#3 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:13 AM

Well, there are no guarantees for anything here. Who can tell what might be used in some scene or corner of one of the games? If we worry about that, we'll never make anything. But Cure Light Wounds shouldn't harm the undead, by the rules. It only doesn't work on them. Then again, that just makes it much easier. So are the reverse spells in, Cause Light and Cause Moderate, somewhere? I could take the icons, at least.