Photo

Little bit help against this mess

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 malax83

malax83
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:02 AM

I don t know if you are aware on how much it s complicated to have a clean installation... Anyway, i m maybe not as fast as the first time i played this game.. 

So, i m not sure how BiG World FixPack tool is working. I ve downloaded the latest versions of :

- spell rev v4 (spells revisions master)

- modmergewin32.zip

- might and guile 3.5.12 (optional)

- stratagems v30

i also have the latest BiG WOrld FixPack.. even if actually i don t think the world is kinda big ?

I launched modmerge.

Then i unpack all the mod zip files into a folder named C:\BGEE\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition

Then i unpack Big World FIxpack in the same directory... Maybe it seems possible to only copy the "applypatch.bat".. anyway no tutorial at this point.. So i launched the "applypatch.bat" and the result is "one file moved".....

I checked, and there s three common folder in the BWFixPack.. so i don t think it s working. I m asking your help, ?? how should i call you ? BIG ?   (...........)  

NB : i installed big wooorld project but it ask me to install 5512 patch bioware, and it fail with win 10..

Edited by malax83, 09 July 2017 - 07:42 AM.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:35 AM

NB : i installed big wooorld project but it ask me to install 5512 patch bioware, and it fail with win 10..
It fails to install if you don't have the files in the correct folder, because the OS protects the general folders by not allowing you to overwrite files in them. Why, macrohard doors "we protect you from viruses" via not allowing this.
And the only folder you can do this by default is the users profiles sub folders folders, for aka for example: C:\Users\<windows username>\<Games folder name>\<game folder> ...

The said reason the patch fails is that it's not "(fully) compatible with Windows 10", like they could do that after 10 years of being released already, before the Windows 10 was even announced.

Edited by The Imp, 09 July 2017 - 08:39 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 malax83

malax83
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:41 PM

Good news it works, that s the main thing. But it s not as if i will install with success :o/