Photo

BWS install seems to have worked, but game won't launch?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Daelomin

Daelomin
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:47 AM

Okay, so I've been trying to get a Mega mod (EET via BWS) going for the past few days after a few hiccups and trying to sort out errors I thought I finally managed to successfully get an install to complete this morning.

Unfortunately this appears to not be the case, as when I try to launch the game via the EET desktop shortcut created during the install, nothing happens. A quick look in Task Manager shows that Baldur.exe is indeed a current process, but I'm still just staring at my desktop.

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on?

Attached Files

#2 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:03 AM

Thoses errors in your debug are enough to have an unplayable game (and you have dozen of them)

Cannot patch UI.MENU
ERROR: [ui.menu] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Cannot patch UI.MENU"))
Stopping installation because of error.

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Finalise EET (last mod in install order)

#3 Daelomin

Daelomin
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:17 AM

Thoses errors in your debug are enough to have an unplayable game (and you have dozen of them)

Cannot patch UI.MENU
ERROR: [ui.menu] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Cannot patch UI.MENU"))
Stopping installation because of error.

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Finalise EET (last mod in install order)

Sorry for contradicting you, but I feel like these particular errors you are referencing were sufficiently dealt with during the install.

While I'm not sure why the "Cannot patch UI.MENU" error came up in the first place, it was part of the attempted install of the 'reveal hidden gameplay options' mod, which I just continued without attempting to fix/retry because I didn't really care if I had it or not.

And as for the "Finalise EET" error, that came up due to an 'out of memory' situation, so while BWS was paused I patched the EXE to handle >2Gb RAM and then it installed successfully, albeit with warnings. If you look at the log closer you'll see that I retried the installation of Finalise EET and it worked.

#4 Daelomin

Daelomin
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:20 AM

Those errors in your debug are enough to have an unplayable game (and you have dozen of them)

If these errors are indeed enough to have an unplayable game despite the fact that I thought they were sufficiently fixed/bypassed, I'd appreciate any explanation as to why the fix/bypass didn't work, and any ideas on how to go about fixing them or avoiding whatever the issue is.

Edited by Daelomin, 20 July 2017 - 06:21 AM.