• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:37 AM

*edit*

Thank you for your help with proof reading.

I've played around a bit with a few variations of the kit and it just doesn't sit right with me.

The kit was supposed to give an excuse to play with the Butcher animation but in the end it just feels stupid and out of place running around as a huge demon with an even bigger meat cleaver..

I'll put the "project" to rest for now but since the kit is already made I'll provide a link in this topic just in case anyone stumbles onto it and is keen on trying it out anyway.

LINK to the kit.

Edited by Ulb, 25 August 2017 - 10:45 PM.

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:10 AM

It didn't require many changes, though you have a typo (findish > fiendish) in a couple spots. I did not proof it for consistency with existing kit descriptions either, so you may want to do that. I also am not going to judge your kit itself, though I will say one thing: it doesn't seem to have any real disadvantages ("cannot be good" does not really count).

INFERNAL MELODIST: An Infernal Melodist is a Bard with fiend's blood somewhere in <PRO_HISHER> lineage. The Bard embraces <PRO_HISHER> fiendish nature by playing terrible and frightening melodies that have a chance to frighten opponents who hear them. These tunes also stir and focus the fiendish parts of <PRO_HISHER> soul, giving <PRO_HIMHER> a chance to transform into a powerful 'Fiendish Avatar' for a short duration.

FEATURES:

– Has a unique Bard Song that improves as the Infernal Melodist advances in levels.

'BARD SONG': The Infernal Melodist's song can focus <PRO_HISHER> fiendish heritage, giving <PRO_HIMHER> a chance equal to <PRO_HISHER> level (up to 30% at level 30) to turn into a FIENDISH AVATAR for one turn. Playing the song however requires such focus that the Bard can spend little attention on <PRO_HISHER> surroundings and thus suffers a penalty of -4 to AC and -2 to all saving throws while playing.
In addition, all opponents within a 30' radius who hear the Bard's song must save vs. spells or be affected in a way depending on the Bard's level:

Level 1: Opponents must save vs. spells (+2 bonus) or become affected by fear for 5 rounds.
  Level 6: Opponents must save vs. spells (+2 bonus) or become affected by a crippling fear that reduces their movement rate by 30% for 5 rounds.
  Level 12: Opponents must save vs. spells (no bonus) or become affected by a crippling fear that reduces their movement rate by 50% for 5 rounds.
  Level 18: Opponents must save vs. spells (-2 penalty) or become affected by a crippling fear that reduces their movement rate by 50% for 5 rounds.
  Level 24: Opponents must save vs. spells (-4 penalty) or become affected by a crippling fear that reduces their movement rate by 50% for 5 rounds.

'FIENDISH AVATAR': The Infernal Melodist turns into an avatar of the fiendish part of <PRO_HISHER> soul for one turn, gaining bonuses depending on <PRO_HISHER> level:
  Level 1: STR +2, CON +2, hit points +100%, gains bonuses from 'Fiendish Soul' trait, can attack 3 times per round with a magical +3 weapon (no penalty for no proficiency).
  Level 12: STR +3, CON +3, hit points +100%, gains bonuses from 'Fiendish Soul' trait, can attack 4 times per round with a magical +4 weapon (no penalty for no proficiency).
  Level 18: STR +4, CON +4, hit points +100%, gains bonuses from 'Fiendish Soul' trait, can attack 5 times per round with a magical +5 weapon (no penalty for no proficiency).

'FIENDISH SOUL': While in Fiendish Avatar form the Bard gains the following bonuses for each point of Charisma <PRO_HESHE> has above 15: +1 THAC0, +5% Resistance to Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire and Magic Damage.

– May use the 'Restraint' ability at will.

RESTRAINT: The Infernal Melodist restrains <PRO_HIMHER>self from getting too absorbed in <PRO_HISHER> music. While 'Restraint' is active <PRO_HESHE> suffers no penalties for playing <PRO_HISHER> Bard Song but has no chance to turn into a Fiendish Avatar either.

– Cannot be of good alignment.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:27 AM

Thanks a lot Miloch!

I also am not going to judge your kit itself ..

Ya, I know the kit is op. (It's basically a Jester + a buffed up fighter on demand.)

Truth be told, it's more or less just an excuse I quickly came up with to play with the Butcher animation. I thought about dumping it but since it is already finished I might as well throw it out there, maybe someone will enjoy it.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:47 AM

FEATURES:
– Has a unique Bard Song which improves as the Infernal Melodist advances in levels.
– Can not be of good alignment.
Erhm, it might look better if they were:
FEATURES:
– Has a unique Bard Song which improves as the Infernal Melodist advances in levels.
– Can not be of good alignment.

And then the descriptions for each of those...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:02 AM

I agree, thanks!

Btw, I'm thinking of changing the kit up a little.

Instead of proccing the transformation via bard song you would gain one charge of the transformation (as special ability, not stacking) on critical hits.