Photo

Odd Bug

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheGentlemanGhostronaut

TheGentlemanGhostronaut
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:56 PM

I'm working on the latest version of BGEE with SoD installed, and I'm using 4.91 of Rogue Rebalancing.

I've run into a strange bug after installing the mod via the executable installer, when I go to the first store in candlekeep (and a few others after that) there are items for sale whose name is replaced with lines of dialogue from throughout the game, and as I progressed I had Neera approach me with dialogue which didn't belong to her, it seemed that the dialogue chain was from another quest later in the game, something about a Duke.

I tried uninstalling the game and deleting all the files in the Steam folder for BGEE as well as all the files in the My Documents part, and then I reinstalled the game, freshly downloaded RR and installed that too only to encounter the same problem.

Any ideas?

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:21 AM

I'm working on the latest version of BGEE with SoD installed, and I'm using 4.91 of Rogue Rebalancing.

I've run into a strange bug after installing the mod via the executable installer, when I go to the first store in candlekeep (and a few others after that) there are items for sale whose name is replaced with lines of dialogue from throughout the game, and as I progressed I had Neera approach me with dialogue which didn't belong to her, it seemed that the dialogue chain was from another quest later in the game, something about a Duke.

I tried uninstalling the game and deleting all the files in the Steam folder for BGEE as well as all the files in the My Documents part, and then I reinstalled the game, freshly downloaded RR and installed that too only to encounter the same problem.

Any ideas?

The game is steam or gog version and you did not install modmerge?

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:17 AM

The game is steam or gog version and you did not install modmerge?

That's not a question... it's a statement of facts that needs an exclamation mark, not a question one... which then could be followed up with "! So ?" Which itself is a shorthand for "! Isn't it so ?" And the tool could be called "modmerge", but to general user it should use modmerger, as that's what it does, not what it's actual name label is.

Ah, well, I just came from a video discussing facial expression, so I am affected by that..

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.