Photo

BWPv17

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#141 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:10 PM

Notices the dead thread sign... goes on to respond. To essentially, kill the thread.

Would "NPC Strongholds" work with Big World?

But it's in the BiG World (Setup). From at least (11. March.) 2015.

Edited by The Imp, 08 February 2018 - 11:58 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#142 James M

James M
  • 22 posts

Donator

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:51 PM

Dear Mr. Watson and SHS,
Thank-you very much for the wonderful BWP Mega-mod guide! I am doing a manual mega-mod installation according to your guide v17 (Weidu log so far is below; I have tested some game play in Chateau Irenicus - all good so far!). Before I finish my installation I'd like to ask about 5 of the Closer installation components:
Miloch's Creature Slot Fixer v2, Area Patcher v ALPHA 11, Cre Patcher v ALPHA 1, Item Patcher v ALPHA 1 and Lolfixer.

Spoiler

Please note: before I install the 5 Closers I will install these 4 more only:
Ding0’s Experience Fixer (DEFJAM v7; 50% xp reduction for creatures and quests)
Gerri's BGT NPC Portraits 3.0 ("nsc_Portraits-3.0.rar": relevant components only, including "alternates" if asked)
BP-BGT Worldmap v10.2.2 (Large map, Original Travel Times)
Infinity Sounds v1.3 (weapon attack, armor hits and gulp only)

1. How important is it then to install these Closer components for my install? Do I need them?
Miloch's Creature Slot Fixer v2 (all)
Area Patcher v ALPHA 11 (all)
Cre Patcher v ALPHA 1 (I cannot find the setup exe file? - I've got the tp2 file and the mod's folder only)
Item Patcher v ALPHA 1 (required components only, including marker, and for the original game)
Lolfixer (all).

2. If so, what website has the latest downloads located?

3. Is it preferable to use the G3 Debugging Suite for BG2 from: http://www.gibberlings3.net/debug/
(It seems to be from 2010 - outdated?)

Thank-you very much!

Edited by James M, 19 April 2018 - 07:08 PM.

#143 -sogdiane-

-sogdiane-

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:27 AM

Hi all,

I will give another try to Baldur's Gate I & II through the BWP process.

I may be wrong but until the 15.7 version of the BWFixpack, it was possible to do a complete manual installation using only BWPFixpack and BWPTextpack and ignoring the auto-installation provided by the Install.bat file.

Trying to do it with the very last version of BWPFixpack, it seems that I am forced to use the BWPInstall.bat file in any case and I couldn't find a way to do a taylored installation, choosing every mod I wanted and, above all, every composent within them.

So to be clear I want to be able to install every mod manually and to choose the components I see fit, while benefitting from the Fixpack.  

If there is a way to do it with the last version, I couldn't find it so any help woud be most appreciated. 

Thanks to all 

#144 -sogdiane-

-sogdiane-

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:00 AM

Hi all,

I will give another try to Baldur's Gate I & II through the BWP process.

I may be wrong but until the 15.7 version of the BWFixpack, it was possible to do a complete manual installation using only BWPFixpack and BWPTextpack and ignoring the auto-installation provided by the Install.bat file.

Trying to do it with the very last version of BWPFixpack, it seems that I am forced to use the BWPInstall.bat file in any case and I couldn't find a way to do a taylored installation, choosing every mod I wanted and, above all, every composent within them.

So to be clear I want to be able to install every mod manually and to choose the components I see fit, while benefitting from the Fixpack.  

If there is a way to do it with the last version, I couldn't find it so any help woud be most appreciated. 

Thanks to all 

Never mind.  I had done sthg wrong

#145 Charriu

Charriu
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:50 AM

Hey Leonardo,

love what you did with the BWP. I noticed that many other modders started using GitHub and other similar sites. Do you use these. Would make it more convient to follow your work.

Thanks so far.

#146 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:43 PM

Hi,
Huge thanx to Leonardo Watson an all involved for their work on BiG World!

Link to the fresh mod list http://kerzenburg.ba...ead.php?t=34931 is dead. Is there aggregated list of links to the mods downloads or for now it is the only solution - download them individually?

#147 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 09:47 PM

The kerzenburg site update broke a lot of links. Try the following one: https://baldurs-gate...inkliste.34931/

Its content is a bit messy, but you might find most what you are looking for.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#148 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 05:26 AM

Thank you! That will help.

#149 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:14 AM

I have couple of question. Possibly very old and answered, but mods are being changed, MegaMod grows and is mature, so I'm sorry but anyway asking just to refresh and give some pointers.:-)

1. Does anyone play with pure latest BP AI? How did you find it: really more 'alive and interesting' than 'machine efficient' (© Horred) SCS AI and is it cover enough aspects of the game?

2. Some time ago I had problem with SCS and BP installed together. Does still anyone encounter this isue? I'm asking in terms of my 'BP creature scripts reverter' - is it still needed? Issue is described here: http://www.shsforums...k-bgt-mega-mod/

#150 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:58 AM

I have couple of question. Possibly very old and answered, but mods are being changed, MegaMod grows and is mature, so I'm sorry but anyway asking just to refresh and give some pointers.:-)

1. Does anyone play with pure latest BP AI? How did you find it: really more 'alive and interesting' than 'machine efficient' (© Horred) SCS AI and is it cover enough aspects of the game?

2. Some time ago I had problem with SCS and BP installed together. Does still anyone encounter this isue? I'm asking in terms of my 'BP creature scripts reverter' - is it still needed? Issue is described here: http://www.shsforums...k-bgt-mega-mod/

1. I guess.

2. Don't be an idiot and install the two together, while wishing to be able to play the whole game from start to finnish. Should you know, they use a different versions of the same AI enhancement component ... and those are never compatible with each others, let alone with anything else. It's called Detectable Spells... essentially.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#151 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 10:23 AM

The Imp, it is nice to read you :-) I'll stick with BP AI this BWPv18 time, I think. :-)
Also I see 'Detectable spells' component in Improved Asylum mod. Can it harm BP or SCS internals?

#152 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:21 AM

There should be a list inside BWP .pdf file, where it is suggested a few lists of npc mods that one can install without having to fear that they won't talk with each other. For example:

1) Kulyok's mods are one of these npc(s) mods. You can install all of them and they always interact
2) Foundling is\should be another of these mods, that you can install no matter what.,

Edit: Ignore this request.

Edited by Sergio, 09 November 2018 - 03:21 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#153 Jaime_Lannister

Jaime_Lannister
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 03:28 AM

Greetings, fellow BG enthusiasts,  I was just reading through this thread, and contemplating trying to tailor the individual.bat using Leonardo's bwpinstall 18.1, and I have a few questions/comments about that whole process. 

1.  It appears that it (individual.bat) is expecting Vlad's Compilation 1.0 when it appears the current version is 2.1, is this not up to date or is this a necessity because of Vlad's "creative" methods of numbering his new versions?  Should I assume the file is referencing the current version?  Doesn't appear that the numbering of components lines up either, so I fear not.

2.  I want to tailor the mod level1npc's to give customized kits to many of the npc's, but individual.bat doesn't allow for this.  Or is there?  Without actually installing everything it seems impossible to know what the actual numbers of the kits will be, the proficiency selections, etc.  Is there a way to program a pause, or break in order to manually go install the rest of the mod before coming back to the bwp-install process? 

3.  If manual pauses and breaks are impossible to program in the individual.bat, is it possible to do a completely manual install following along with the steps of the individual.bat (I can read and understand it for the most part).

4.  I love the idea of having Easter Eggs in the game (as was mentioned earlier in thread), BUT I agree its too easy once you know the locations.  Is there a mod that rearranges their locations to random places, and/or adds new Easter Eggs to the mix?  Seems like this would add new mystery and fun to the game for seasoned players.

Edited by Jaime_Lannister, 02 June 2019 - 03:30 AM.

#154 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 03:42 AM

1. It's because the BWP is so old...

2. You can very well manually install modcomponents like this AFTER BWP's main install. Just run the setup-modname.exe and don't touch the already installed components, or you get a tons of cheese.

3. Yes. It's very hard.

4. No, not that I know. Unless it's an item, and the Item Randomizer is likely not going to touch those.