Photo

BWPv17

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#61 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:43 AM

but I found one that was a EE format mod that I could unpack and rearrange it into a BGT mod format.  Is that typical of all EE mods?

There's like 100 mods that are compatible with multiple games, none of which require ANY modification to their code ... be it BGT, Tutu, EE or EET conversions... the mod maker just needs to enable a few the resources to take effect(I am simplifying it largely here, but that's about it).

Similar like multiple mods check if other mods are present and do things if they are.

You yourself should never do any of that, unless you want to Cheese your game and live with the rank.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#62 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:52 PM

You yourself should never do any of that, unless you want to Cheese your game and live with the rank.

By "rank," do you mean a particularly smelly cheese (but perhaps a yummy one, like Gorgonzola) or do you mean an actual titular rank, like "Your Majesty"?

As for making mods compatible with multiple game platforms, yes, a neophyte should not attempt it. Look what happened to me: a drow-orc crossbreed.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#63 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:18 AM

An oow, if you would

#64 Marvin

Marvin

Marvin

• 197 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:18 PM

Hey Leonardo,

thank you for your continuous work on bringing Baldur's Gate mods and modders together. How you manage to stay dedicated, I don't know. I think you've been doing an amazing job, bravo! =)

Here are my 2 cents on the whole BWP vs. EET debate. I don't want to hurt any feelings, this is just my humble opinion:

I've played the originals countless times and I also played through the EET versions. The EET has some advantages over the originals, mainly:

- faster loading times

- zooming in and out (this is essential, because it allows me to play on my UHD monitor without everything being super small all the time)

- easier to mod, because of no hardcoding (as far as I understand)

- Potentially able to increase the party size to more than 6 (I'm still hoping =D)

As for the content: Some of it is actually pretty good, other things I'm not a fan of. But as with any kind of content in Baldur's Gate, you are free to skip it, if you don't like it. If you don't like the new NPCs and quests, you can skip them. It's not so very different from mods actually. I usually install some of the big mods, but lot's of times, I just skip them when playing Baldur's Gate, because I don't feel like playing through them. The beauty of the BWP is that you have the OPTION of seemingly unlimited things to do.

Other advantages concern new players. Let's face it, most new players will pick up the enhanced editions. I don't think anyone has the power to change that. So if we want to keep an open door for new players to enter the world of Baldur's Gate mods, I don't think we can ignore the Enhanced Editions in the long run.

The only real disadvantage of the EET is that some (important) mods are not available for it (yet), as well as the lack of other languages and of course the English only voice overs. But I can live with that to be honest.

All in all, I've come to enjoy the EET versions more and I don't think they should be overlooked by the BWP.

But that's just my opinion. I'll leave you to it then. It's gonna be a long time until I'll have the time to give Baldur's Gate another go, so this won't affect me in the near future anyway. =)

Best wishes,
Marvin

Edited by Marvin, 16 October 2017 - 10:20 PM.

#65 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:46 AM

If BWP would be a commercial product I had to work for that game I could make the most profit with. However, it isn't. So I work for that game I have the most pleasure with. I have a roadmap what I want to realize next. Among others there are a few (big) mods I want to try to add. All of them are not available for EE (and will probably never be).

EET is nothing I could do on the side because the install order would be quite different (at least for the BG1 part). As long as I have not reached my goal I do not waste much thought on EE. If I would not have lost my interest on BG until then maybe I address myself to EET.

#66 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:33 AM

From a long stand on the moding scene, I can attest this:
I've played the originals countless times and I also played through the EET versions. The EET has some advantages over the originals, mainly:

(1)- faster loading times
(2)- zooming in and out (this is essential, because it allows me to play on my UHD monitor without everything being super small all the time)
(3)- easier to mod, because of no hardcoding (as far as I understand)
(4)- Potentially able to increase the party size to more than 6 (I'm still hoping =D)
1) The loading time is really not a case you want to point. Of the time that the Generalized Biffing has not removed from the overall loading time, I can't say... but I really don't feel there's a legitimacy of building a case here.
2) ... true. But the Widescreen mods setting can medicate this quite a lot.
3) This depends on your preference. The old mods don't work in the EE games, so .. this is easy a question of preference.
4) Yeah, well, I have never seen the EE games being run at 8-10 party member configuration, while the BG2:ToB has been, under the GemRP. Of course that did require a special setup for it, but ...

This is meant to say that there's still legitimate reason to upkeep the BGT-based game, despite the general assumption that people would use the EE games.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#67 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:10 PM

Hi Leonardo:

Almost ready to load the game.  I think I can have it loaded by Thursday evening.

I am looking for a few more mods.  These were in BWP English and look like my style of game.  The problem is I cannot find them.  Here is the list.  The number refers to BWP English.

1) 3.10    The Lure of the Sirine's Call v14.     I have v 13.

2) 4.10     Ihave two choises.  Saradas Magic ENG v1.1 OR Saradas Magic 2 v 1.7?  I think Saradas Magic ENG v1.1 is the one you used.

3) 6.6     New Travel System Between Baldur's Gate City Areas v2.1.  I think it is with 'The Children of Bhaal'.  But even with Google translating it into English, I could not manage to download it.

4) 7.24     Les Exiles de Lunargent v01.    Looked all over but could not find it.

5) 10.1     Imoen Friendship v3.2.  I have v2.2.

6) 10.2     Imoen Romance v3.9.  I have v3.8.

7) 13.7     IEP Extended Banter v5.3.  I have v4.2.

8) 16.4     Hidden Adventures alpha 8  No luck finding it.

9) 16.14     Semi-Multi-Clerics 0.2.3.  Another one I cannot find.

10) 18.9     Hotfix for Devine Remix v8b.  Another one I cannot find.

11) 18.14     Thrown Hammers v6.0.1.  I have v6.0.

12) 19.23     Ding0's Tweak Pack v24.  I have v23.

I looked through a few sites with not much success.  When I did find som mods, they were earlier versions.

Here are some I searched:

a) Spellhold Studios
b) Baldur's Gate (kerzengurg...)
C) Gibberlings 3
d) Black Wyrm Lair
e) Pocket Plane Group
f) The Children of Bhaal
g) Beamdog
h) Sorcerer's Place
i) Tamriel Foundry

I think the ones I cannot find are being remade into mods that are able to work with EE, EET, BGT, and TuTu.  I know this is acting for a large favor, but if you have a list where these mods can be found, I would appreciate the information.  Any information about finding them would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks again for all your hard work,

Tom

#68 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:08 PM

Lure of Sirine's Call v14 is here. (It's at the right side, above the download for v13) Note: The changed area (the second component of v14) doesn't work on EE.

Imoen Friendship v3.2 is here (amongst all other updated IEP mods).

Imoen Romance v3.9 is here.

Hidden Adventure is here (The .zip link in the first post. It's labelled beta1, though. You need the BWPTextpack to play this in English)

Ding0's Tweak Pack v24 is here.

The other ones I don't know.

#69 -Sogdiane-

-Sogdiane-

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:23 PM

Hi everybody,

Having played the classic Baldur's Gate games for a long time, I wanted to give a try to a mega mod installation. I managed to do it with BWP v16 and could play BG1 and TotSC with no problem at all. However I couldn't finish BG2 and ToB because of an infamous glitch with the Solar in the Pocket Plane (but that is another story). 

I downloaded the new version of BWP and, for the time being, I can't even install this. 

It says that the patch 5512 for BG1 doesn't seem to be installed, which is strange given that I use the GOG version of the game (the classic one not the EE version). I changed the name of the file in "Baldur's Gate" (Baldurs Gate without apostrophe is the name of the file in the GOG version) to no avail. 

I downloaded the 5512 patch and installed it anyway, even if it is not recommended, and it seemed to do the trick. 

I changed the "Baldurs Gate 2" file in "BG2 - SoA" as advised and then it fired. Unfornately the installation freezed after the implementation of the "Smoothing" something program of the install.bat file.

For the moment, besides reverting to the version 16 of the BWP, I am stucked.

It seems also that, with BWP 17, you can non longer trigger the Fixpack alone, by-passing the install. bat file, which I did with BWP16. 

Would you please give me an answer for this strange glitch.

I commend you anyway to your dedication to this masterpiece of a game.

I apologize for my awkward Engish moreover.

Thanks a lot 

#70 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:16 AM

It says that the patch 5512 for BG1 doesn't seem to be installed, which is strange given that I use the GOG version of the game (the classic one not the EE version). I changed the name of the file in "Baldur's Gate" (Baldurs Gate without apostrophe is the name of the file in the GOG version) to no avail.

Open the baldur.ini file inside the game folder with Notepad and search the [Alias] word, the directories under that HAVE TO locate the correct game folder, aka if they still have the apostrophe's, remove them, and save the file. And then try again.

#71 Miksip

Miksip
  • 50 posts

Donator

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:46 AM

@ Sogdiane

My GOG version of BG1 installs to C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate  - please check your version. There should be an apostrophe in directory name.

Do you have any non english characters in path name?

And see this post http://www.shsforums...wpv17/?p=597278 a bit earlier in this topic.

P.S. Don't listen to The Imp - it is voice of the Devil.

#72 ChitownWillie

ChitownWillie
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:38 AM

Hello,

Attempting to install 17.0.4:

S E T T I N G S
                               ═══════════════

The next steps will guide you through the settings.

You have already defined your settings.

1]   Do you want to use your already existing settings?
     or
2]   Do you want to create new ones?

Please enter 1 or 2

Before you can select between various installation procedures please
     choose the kind of installation.

1]   Do you want to run the whole installation unattended until the end?
     or
2]   Do you want to pause at mods with several components and select them
     by yourself manually?
     (Use this feature with caution! Don't complain if the components
     you have edited ruin your installation.)

Please enter 1 or 2

1]   Do you want to choose a preselection?
     or
2]   Do you want to filter the mods according to various parameters?
     or
3]   Do you want to use an installer changed by your own and skip the settings?
     WARNING: This option should only be used by very experienced and keen on
     experimenting players. You probably will run into problems and therefore
     you should be able to use NearInfinity!
     or
4]   Do you want to install all you can get? (not recommended)

Please enter 1 or 2 or 3 or 4

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
          ║                                                        ║
          ║                     W A R N I N G                      ║
          ║                     ═════════════                      ║
          ║       You have changed the process.bat!                ║
          ║       This file must not be changed!                   ║
          ║       Replace it again with the original file!         ║
          ╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

ress any key to continue . . .

Copied the original from the .7z and had no effect.

Edited by ChitownWillie, 18 October 2017 - 05:39 AM.

#73 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:16 AM

Oh shit! I fixed some issues in the process.bat and then forgot to update the checksum. Now with v17.0.5 the file should run without problems. Sorry.

#74 ChitownWillie

ChitownWillie
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:05 AM

Leonardo,

Thank you so much for the quick reply.

Working!

#75 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:10 AM

Hi Leonardo:

Almost ready to load the game.  I think I can have it loaded by Thursday evening.

I am looking for a few more mods.  These were in BWP English and look like my style of game.  The problem is I cannot find them.  Here is the list.  The number refers to BWP English.

1) 3.10    The Lure of the Sirine's Call v14.     I have v 13.

2) 4.10     Ihave two choises.  Saradas Magic ENG v1.1 OR Saradas Magic 2 v 1.7?  I think Saradas Magic ENG v1.1 is the one you used.

3) 6.6     New Travel System Between Baldur's Gate City Areas v2.1.  I think it is with 'The Children of Bhaal'.  But even with Google translating it into English, I could not manage to download it.

4) 7.24     Les Exiles de Lunargent v01.    Looked all over but could not find it.

5) 10.1     Imoen Friendship v3.2.  I have v2.2.

6) 10.2     Imoen Romance v3.9.  I have v3.8.

7) 13.7     IEP Extended Banter v5.3.  I have v4.2.

8) 16.4     Hidden Adventures alpha 8  No luck finding it.

9) 16.14     Semi-Multi-Clerics 0.2.3.  Another one I cannot find.

10) 18.9     Hotfix for Devine Remix v8b.  Another one I cannot find.

11) 18.14     Thrown Hammers v6.0.1.  I have v6.0.

12) 19.23     Ding0's Tweak Pack v24.  I have v23.

I looked through a few sites with not much success.  When I did find som mods, they were earlier versions.

Here are some I searched:

a) Spellhold Studios
b) Baldur's Gate (kerzengurg...)
C) Gibberlings 3
d) Black Wyrm Lair
e) Pocket Plane Group
f) The Children of Bhaal
g) Beamdog
h) Sorcerer's Place
i) Tamriel Foundry

I think the ones I cannot find are being remade into mods that are able to work with EE, EET, BGT, and TuTu.  I know this is acting for a large favor, but if you have a list where these mods can be found, I would appreciate the information.  Any information about finding them would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks again for all your hard work,

Tom

You can find Les Exiles de Lunargent here: the download link is the second one, at the bottom of the post (after "Lien pour télécharger", which means download link, in French)

Edited by Gwendolyne, 18 October 2017 - 09:13 AM.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#76 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:45 PM

Thank you very kindly Gwendolyne.  I used Google to translate the page.  That helped a little.

Thanks again as it look interesting,

Tom

#77 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:08 PM

Hi All:

I found "New Travel System Between Baldur's Gate City Areas v2.1" in GitHub.  I am surprised that Google did not find it yesterday.  I downloaded the file but I am having trouble getting it ready for a BWP game.  For the game I need the folder BG_Travel and the file Setup-BG_Travel.exe (BWP instructions).

I downloaded the file "BG_Treavel-MOD-for-BG1-BGEE-BGT-Tutu-EET-master.zip".  Tried to unzip it and all I got was "BG_Treavel-MOD-for-BG1-BGEE-BGT-Tutu-EET-master".   Tried opening it and got a README.md file.  Read the README and no information on how to open the mod for use with BWP.

I would appreciate instructions to open this mod. 

Thanks in advance,'

Tom

#78 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:36 PM

tomkaz, did you see my above post with more download links?

To the New Travel System mod I can't give any help, unfortunately.

#79 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:59 PM

Open the baldur.ini file inside the game folder with Notepad and search the [Alias] word, the directories under that HAVE TO locate the correct game folder, aka if they still have the apostrophe's, remove them, and save the file. And then try again.

Thanks the Imp.

Will it solve the problem with the patch 5512 too?

#80 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:59 PM

Thanks the Imp.

Will it solve the problem with the patch 5512 too?