Photo

BWPv17

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#81 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:18 AM

Open the baldur.ini file inside the game folder with Notepad and search the [Alias] word, the directories under that HAVE TO locate the correct game folder, aka if they still have the apostrophe's, remove them, and save the file. And then try again.

Thanks the Imp.
Will it solve the problem with the patch 5512 too?

Well, honestly, I do not remember if the BWP needs the 5512 patch, the GOG game comes natively with the 5521 patch, and there shouldn't be a need to revert the patch. You might need to move the 25movies.bif to a different folder from what I remember. Now, unless Leonardo Watson has changed how the check works, which could very well be the case ...
As from my notes with GOG games, you should need to go here, download the "TOSC DirectX 8+ International patch" and apply it, well actually it just extracts the bgmain.exe it contains onto the game directory. And yes, the fact that the game works(aka you fix the [Alias] section to point to the correct folder) is essential for the BGT-weidu to be able to work. The check the program does is not just a hocuspocus move for nought.

Edited by The Imp, 19 October 2017 - 04:08 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#82 -Sogdiane-

-Sogdiane-

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:05 AM

Open the baldur.ini file inside the game folder with Notepad and search the [Alias] word, the directories under that HAVE TO locate the correct game folder, aka if they still have the apostrophe's, remove them, and save the file. And then try again.

Thanks the Imp.

Well, honestly, I do not remember if the BWP needs the 5512 patch, the GOG game comes natively with the 5521 patch, and there shouldn't be a need to revert the patch. You might need to move the 25movies.bif to a different folder from what I remember. Now, unless Leonardo Watson has changed how the check works, which could very well be the case ...
As from my notes with GOG games, you should need to go here, download the "TOSC DirectX 8+ International patch" and apply it, well actually it just extracts the bgmain.exe it contains onto the game directory. And yes, the fact that the works(aka you fix the [Alias] section to point to the correct folder) is essential for the BGT-weidu to be able to work. The check the program does is not just a hocuspocus move for nought.

Thanks again the Imp.

Yes, I was aware of the "25movies.bif" thing and corrected it accordingly.

I'll try to re-patch the game with your indications.

I just hope the last glitch I had (ie the installation freezes after a program of BWP install.bat called "smooth"  someting won't occur again.

#83 -Sogdiane-

-Sogdiane-

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:05 AM

Thanks the Imp.

As from my notes with GOG games, you should need to go here, download the "TOSC DirectX 8+ International patch" and apply it, well actually it just extracts the bgmain.exe it contains onto the game directory. And yes, the fact that the works(aka you fix the [Alias] section to point to the correct folder) is essential for the BGT-weidu to be able to work. The check the program does is not just a hocuspocus move for nought.

Thanks again the Imp.

Yes, I was aware of the "25movies.bif" thing and corrected it accordingly.

I'll try to re-patch the game with your indications.

I just hope the last glitch I had (ie the installation freezes after a program of BWP install.bat called "smooth"  someting won't occur again.

#84 -Sogdiane-

-Sogdiane-

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:19 AM

@ Sogdiane

My GOG version of BG1 installs to C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate  - please check your version. There should be an apostrophe in directory name.

Do you have any non english characters in path name?

And see this post http://www.shsforums...wpv17/?p=597278 a bit earlier in this topic.

Hi Miksip

Thanks for having taken the time to give me an answer.

I am French but I use en English version of BG  and BG2; ie there is no problem with any non English characters in the path name.

Nevertheless, it's written Baldurs Gate and Baldurs Gate 2 in each of the directories. So I have to manually add the apostrophe in the first case and change the name to BGII - SoA (I think because it's the very first time I have so many difficultés to make a BG installation work).

Perhaps is there a difference between downloading the game frem GOG manually and downloading it via Galaxy?  I don't know

#85 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:44 AM

Hi  jastey:

My sincere apologies.  Somehow I missed all of page 4.  I have problems with drug induced memory loss.  It is not permanent, but I have 18 months to go.

Thanks for all that information.  I see we are up to version 17.05 with BiG World Installpack.  Things move fast BWP when you skip a day. 

Thanks again,

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 19 October 2017 - 05:44 AM.

#86 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:10 AM

I am French but I use en English version of BG  and BG2; ie there is no problem with any non English characters in the path name.

A little lesson in charactersets, a characterset is not actually based on what language uses it, it's based on a set of diplomatic treaties, and computer programming. In a large way... all of them have 256±a few characters, as they fill in the double byte memory space for each character. Which is why you can actually archive a large .txt file and get 1/100th of a size .zip file from it.
Notable is the so called latin/american english/windows1252, which includes the ascii charset as well as some other sets, like the greek alphabet, for what ever reason, notable because most English Windows'es use it. BUT not all non-English ones use it, cause they wish to show the cyrillic or other kinds of characters. So there's whole boatload of them. And files can have their own set in the file definitions. You need to know this if you intent to make translations or install the Infinity Animation mod, cause it uses the Win1252 and will fail to extract all the files if you have set the charset codec to a different set. Also fun facts, one of the so called European languages uses it's own cheese and fails to usually run a BW install because the game's name "Baldur`s Gate" doesn't use the normal apostrophe ', but the acute or grave accent, which is located in a very different part of the charset, so it's not actually recognized.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#87 -sogdiane-

-sogdiane-

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:33 AM

A little lesson in charactersets, a characterset is not actually based on what language uses it, it's based on a set of diplomatic treaties, and computer programming. In a large way... all of them have 256±a few characters, as they fill in the double byte memory space for each character. Which is why you can actually archive a large .txt file and get 1/100th of a size .zip file from it.
Notable is the so called latin/american english/windows1252, which includes the ascii charset as well as some other sets, like the greek alphabet, for what ever reason, notable because most English Windows'es use it. BUT not all non-English ones use it, cause they wish to show the cyrillic or other kinds of characters. So there's whole boatload of them. And files can have their own set in the file definitions. You need to know this if you intent to make translations or install the Infinity Animation mod, cause it uses the Win1252 and will fail to extract all the files if you have set the charset codec to a different set. Also fun facts, one of the so called European languages uses it's own cheese and fails to usually run a BW install because the game's name "Baldur`s Gate" doesn't use the normal apostrophe ', but the acute or grave accent, which is located in a very different part of the charset, so it's not actually recognized.

Well documented and educated text which I do appreciate.

#88 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

Hi All:

Since I could not open "BG_Treavel-MOD-for-BG1-BGEE-BGT-Tutu-EET-master.zip" for a BGT game, I went back to the Children of Bhaal site by searching for "New travel system between Baldur's Gate City area v2.1".  This time I translated the post to English from Polish ans found the file "BG_Travel for BG1&BGEE&BGT&Tutu%EETv2,1.rar" at the bottom of the post.  This file extracts for a BGT game.

Hope this helps others,

Tom

#89 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:59 PM

Hi Leonardo:

I put a mega-mod game together.  The installation took 5 hours to install then it crashed during attempts to run it.

The installation went quite well.  Only stopped two times for errors.  One was a problem with Creature Slot Fixer and the other was for findstr: overrun.

Actually there were several times when the findstr failed do to the search string being to large.

When I went to run the game the game crashed right after BG1 opened.  The error code was "An assertion failed in objcreature.ccp at line number 12249".

My guess is that that error was caused by the many findstr errors that happened during the installation.  I looked up the size of how large the search string could be and it was 511 bytes for Windows 7.  That seems ample enough for the findstr statements I saw in my individual.bat.

If anyone has a solution, I am sure many would appreciate the help.

Tom

#90 Miksip

Miksip
  • 50 posts

Donator

Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:49 PM

Clipboard01.jpg

P.S. Don't listen to The Imp - it is voice of the Devil.

#91 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:23 PM

Hi Miksip:

You had some trouble with "findstr; search string is to long".  Was this resolved?  I also have this and it occurs about the places that do have long search strings.

I used option 2, to just install my game.  It worked well.  I did forget to install some mods into BGII - SoABWP caught which one they were and it was easy to add them.

Tom

#92 Miksip

Miksip
  • 50 posts

Donator

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:15 AM

@tomkaz

I use option 3 since i edit my game, but this findstr kinda hard to find (pun intended).

@Leonardo Watson

Can you include notice about cleaning baldur.bcs into BWP Manual. I had lag after picking up containers from Gorion or buying them from vendor. It seems there were too many scripts running, checking for items.

Edit1:

It seems that potion,scroll and gem bag capacity is set to 32767. Which is way more than i need, and i didn't even install bottomless bags tweak. Change-log shows that only biffing and hard times or no mod at all changed these *.sto files. Their names swbag02, swbag03b and swbag06.sto.

Edit2:

It seems i have found the problem.

C:\BGT\Baldur's Gate 2\Setup-BDToBv175.tp2 (2 hits)
    Line 2053:     WRITE_SHORT 0x22 32767
    Line 7831:     WRITE_SHORT 0x22CA 0x0116
  C:\BGT\Baldur's Gate 2\Setup-VCv10.tp2 (2 hits)
    Line 1758:     WRITE_SHORT 0x22 32767
    Line 6718:     WRITE_SHORT 0x22CA 0x0116

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------
//Botomless Bag of Holding
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.sto$~ ~override~
  READ_LONG 0x08 "itemtype" ELSE 0
  PATCH_IF ("%itemtype%" = 5) BEGIN
    WRITE_SHORT 0x22 32767
  END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

I will ask Vlad to remove this component or at least put an option for it, since we already have it in other mods.

For now please take care when installing Baldurdash or Vlad Compilation.

Edited by Miksip, 27 October 2017 - 04:22 AM.

#93 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:11 AM

Hi Miksip:

I sort of follow what you are saying,  I will try option 3 and see what happens.

I do not use Bottomless Bags.  I do use aTweaks #502.  You can set the amount to between 0 and 65535.  Usually I set it to between 1000 and 5000.  In similar previous games, never had a problem when buying any sort of container.  I checked WeiDU.log against Individual.bat.  I found one typo, but everything installed as expected.

I have 288 mods installed.  Not every findstr gave an error notice of a too long search string,  I have not traced them all, but the a few that I traced did have multiple findstr in the code.

When I tried to run the game, the command prompt DOS window for Thrown of Bhaal Extender shows up, then the screen turns black and the error warning shows.  I have not checked  Thrown of Bhaal Extender for errors.  Today I will check BiG World Debug.txt.  But I am having trouble opening it.  I assume it is because of its size.

Oh well.  I am glad your game is working or will be soon.

Tom

#94 Miksip

Miksip
  • 50 posts

Donator

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:07 AM

@tomkaz

I would recommend using "Notepad++" for opening and editing big .txt files.

I haven't encountered your problem, but this is what i found :

search for 12249 in forum topics

http://www.shsforums...249#entry572585

the error suggests a creature or animation issue

so if you attach SETUP-CREFIXER.DEBUG it may help to resolve it, but in the end i would recommend re-installing your game.

Edited by Miksip, 27 October 2017 - 10:08 AM.

#95 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:24 AM

You know, Miksip, you wouldn't have any of that item searches active if you had just dropped the items on the ground... there's nothing wrong with the bags having 32000 items as a default storage value. Or do you want to stop at a shop that will only buy items from you if you have purchased all but 10 items from them ? Meaning arrow, bolt etc. holders ?

#96 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:01 PM

Hi Miksip:

I found problems with four mods.  The Bigg Quest Pack, Saradas_Magic_2, Pickpocket Options and Refinements..  There are coding problems with these mods so I will delete them from my game.  There were problems with Infinity Animations because it did not extract properly, but that is an easy fix.

in addition, there was one  instance where there was an error with the findstr search string being too long and two problems with mod sizes being too large for WeiDU.  The findstr file is 554 bytes and the search string is 602 bytes.  The limit varies depending on the Windows version.  It is 127 bytes for Windows XP and 511 bytes for Windows 7.

There are two versions of BiG World Debug.  One is rtf and the other is txt.  WordPad works with both.

Attached are the ERRORs that I found in my game.  Those which affect the size of bytes have stars above them.

Attached File  BiG World Debug Errors.txt   8.26K   238 downloads

Hope this information is useful to some,

TOM

Edited by tomkaz, 27 October 2017 - 12:03 PM.

#97 Miksip

Miksip
  • 50 posts

Donator

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:54 PM

@Leonardo Watson

I have a question about GUI.

Why do you put it before biffing?

I mean that if you try to uninstall or change options then according to Weidu.log it will try to unistall everything after, right?

#98 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:43 PM

Why do you put it before biffing?...

Because it's a in game asset that the game will be using... this encumbers everything. Even the term encumber, as if it's not in a .bif, it slows down the game, loading and playing time(as in, frames per second).

If you wish to test things... Test them before you use the BWP... to find out. Because the Generalized Biffing usually takes from 5 minutes to 4 hours depending on things. And you can install things after it too, but that's not the default, and should never be, because of the above.

#99 Marvin

Marvin

Marvin

• 197 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:33 PM

I've always installed the GUIs and the widescreen mod after the generalized biffing, because I frequently changed them. I could never find a widescreen setting that was perfect. The zooming function of the enhanced editions is a real blessing.

Anyway, I#ve never run into any problems or slowdowns because of that.

#100 Miksip

Miksip
  • 50 posts

Donator

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:32 PM

In manual Nej component 1 "["Firewalker" Shar-Teel (custom kit and continuous character)]" said not to be compatible with TDD Shar-Teel,

but in individual.bat is written

(findstr /I /M "CSharTeel CBG1NPCSoA" %SET%>nul
    if errorlevel 1 (
        Call %EINSTI% NeJ3v702 "1").

No mention of CTDDSharTeel. Was incompatibility resolved? Can i install them together?