Extremly New to Mods and need help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 -Brian -P-

-Brian -P-

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:32 PM

Hello all. I feel like a pest here, but I am having a very difficult time trying to install with the BWS....Now the first problem I have is trying to simply install the bg1 tosc patch. I have no issues with SOA-TOB...but no matter wich patch I choose I am unable to run the game after installing. I am assuming I need this to run the BGT game.

Second problem: When I am installing with the BWS I get a message asking if I want to patch the current CTB Fast Forward program......I am not sure if I should select yes or no.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:41 PM

About the patch:

What OS do you have ?

And where do you have the BG1:TotSC installed ? Cause it can't likely be the default location, cause the OS will likely deviously refuse to allow you to actually patch the original programs files, cause the program that would do that is not Windows (XP/Vista/7 nor) 10 certified, it having been coded about 15 years before that was possible, having to do something with that.

On Windows 10, your only option to install the BG1 game on your C drive, is to install it inside your profile folders sub folders, aka here: C:\Users\<userprofilename>\Games\Baldur's Gate\ ... the last two folders can have what ever names you want, but the general instructions is to have them as you will want the games to be in a games folder, or what ever your language calls that.. speaking of which the Windows 10 will likely not show your the Users folder correctly, as it's translated in the folder names, while the directory view shows the actual address. In Finnish, it's called Käyttäjät, which when clicked will lead into the Users folder... like that's useful, but totally not.

And you do have the original nonEE games, as the EE games are NOT compatible with the BGT-weidu. The EET uses those... but that's under the BG2EE's install. Nor are they interchange-able.

Edited by The Imp, 17 October 2017 - 02:58 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:55 PM

Thank you Imp...that fixed it......I had it under c drive but in a designated folder of its own...outside of program files....I appreciate this.