Photo

Dual-class characters in an editor

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:15 AM

Would do dual-class characters look like in a GAM file? How do their classes show?

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:55 AM

Please add the missing words to the above post.

But the short guess of the answer is, the first class is set to the second glass ficure at the class offset +256 aka 0xff+class level, and then the creature flag(offset 0x0010) is set to be:

bit 3: Original class was Fighter
bit 4: Original class was Mage
bit 5: Original class was Cleric
bit 6: Original class was Thief
bit 7: Original class was Druid
bit 8: Original class was Ranger

Yes, the later is the signature that the char is a dual-classed.

Aka if the character has 30 fighter levels and was then dualed to be a mage, they would thus be first level mage. They have the creature flag set, aka the .cre files offset of 0x0010 is 0b0100, the offset 0x0234 is 1, while the second class offset 0x0235 is 30. While their class (offset 0x0273) is what ever the double class is in the class.ids, so in BG2 it would be 7.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:27 PM

Is there an opcode or a script action that can change "Original class"?

#4 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:38 PM

I would say no... from my experience, but that's just my experience, I could be wrong, buut no.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:02 AM

I asked for this, and I think it might've even made it in (to EE). But I'll be a swamp troll's uncle if I can tell you for sure or what the theoretical opcode/action is.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#6 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:27 PM

You're being a troll now, saying it's in but you don't know where!

Hey Imp, while you're here... You seem pretty handy with Weidu, can you please tell me what the code would be to select creatures who have nothing in their Override script? I'm doing some patching to stick a script there for the current mod, but only if they don't have anything already.

#7 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:00 PM

I've asked over and over and over again for an opcode or script action to set the OriginalClass bits. In three major game updates across four years, Beamdog has refused. There is no way to do it except quitting out of the game, editing the .cre file with NI or 'Keeper, and then go back to playing the game.

Edited by subtledoctor, 15 November 2017 - 05:00 PM.

#8 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:55 PM

Or, you can manually do the dual classing in game. It's not like there's anything preventing you from doing that. Scripting... yeah, not likely doable.