Photo

Questions about the BW(S) Fixpack.

The Imp spamming.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:08 AM

I have just ran into an inconsistency and just wanted to ask:

The BiG World (Setup) Fixpack, has a Creature Fixer mod included in it, that looks very much alike the Miloch's updated Creature fixer, with version numbers and all. I don't possess the WinMerge tool at this location and can't acquire it either. So the question came to mind: Is this intentional ? -and are they different? -how ? -and if so, could the BWS actually make the legit mod the actual source of the said fix, and if there's any patches to the current one, could you post a request it in this forum to patch it at. This started as my intention to post there... but not having the tool removed that option.

I am aware that the original thread that both refer to is no longer the origin and so what happened is no longer for me or some of the participants to really judge.

Just a heads up: I also intend to post this thread as the "Question" thread for other posters that have polite questions "for the BW Fixpack upkeepers", mainly the BWS'es Fixpack, so I can point them here. And you can also do the same. So hopefully that's OK.

Disclaimer: Remember to try to be polite ! Flaming in this thread will lead to no good results and will definitely not further whatever goals such behavior intends to archive.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:58 AM

The only difference between these two crefixer is the type of "end of line" (Line Feed and/or Carriage Return) in setup-crefixer.tp2

Nothing else.

#3 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:01 AM

The only difference between these two crefixer is the type of "end of line" (Line Feed and/or Carriage Return) in setup-crefixer.tp2

Nothing else.

crefixer is not needed in Fixpack. Those who want to use it for classic BGT also have the mod itself to do the same (or lolfixer). It is not used in EE games either way.

The case with this Fixpack is that the only ones who provide limited support and maintenance for it, are people from EE games (so called EE-diots). And the only reason for them doing it is support for EE installs via BWS. As a result, everything not used by BWS for EE/EET but still in the fixpack is not looked after.

The BWP supporting classic game installs has its own fixpack, so they(he) do not care either.

The old stuff however stays in the github database since it is *community knowledge*. It is preserved until someone removes it or cleans uo those parts or hell freezes or whatever.

It hurts nobody (it is 21KB extra download) since it is actually not used and causes no harm, just a bit of dead weight, just like about 40% of the fixpack at this time. Removing the stuff will just cause heated discussion mostly involving people with not sufficient knowledge of the topic, and there is actually no urgent reason for action, it is all cosmetic.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Imp spamming.