Photo

Setting level of an invisible minion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:11 AM

There is this minion. And he needs to cast a spell on himself at the same level as his summoner would. Stronger spell for stronger summoner. Anybody know a better way to go about this than creating a whole company of minions, one for every casting level, and a whole lot of Summon Creature EFFs? Because I really don't wanna do that.

And while I'm at this, is it possible to summon someone without that smoke effect? The only reason I Use EFF for Summon Creature is so I can type out the smoke cloud in the Resource fields below. I don't need the target filtering, just that one reason, to avoid a dead giveaway. And I've got zounds of these summon EFFs, for everything. It's double the work. I'd much rather just plain summon creatures, with that opcode or some other!

Edited by temnix, 09 December 2017 - 09:17 AM.

#2 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:36 PM

Start with the level 1 .eff and .cre

COPY ~mod/spell.spl~ ~override~
ACTION_FOR_EACH level IN ~1~ ~2~ [yadda yadda] ~39~ ~40~ BEGIN
    COPY ~mod/eff.eff~ ~override/eff%level%.eff~
        WRITE_ASCII [offset] ~cre%level%~ #8
    COPY ~mod/cre.cre~ ~override/cre%level%.cre~
        WRITE_BYTE [offset] %level%
    COPY_EXISTING ~spell.spl~ ~override~
        LPF ADD_SPELL_EFFECT INT_VAR opcode = 177 target = [whatever] timing = [whatever] duration = [whatever] parameter1 = [target match] parameter2 = [target category] STR_VAR resource = EVAL ~eff%level%~ END
END
Something like that. Need to change the stuff in square brackets of course. But adding 40 creatures and 40 .effs is not such a big deal.

EDIT - ah I guess you need new abilities, not just effects, since they will have different min_level requirements. It's not part of Weidu but there is an ADD_SPELL_HEADER macro floating around that you can add in.

Edited by subtledoctor, 13 December 2017 - 07:44 PM.

#3 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:57 AM

Thanks. I've already dealt with that spell, it turned out I only needed to summon a minion for every two levels. Yes, I could create a crowd of them with Weidu or just copy the files, but that would get confusing in the resource tree.