Photo

Global Variables and expediting Stronghold quests

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:50 PM

Hi, first time playing around with NPC strongholds, which I love. Except I don't really want to invest so much time into them so I was wonder if anyone know maybe any Global Variables that are the timers for the next quest or issue to fire so I can get to saving Imoen within 2 or 3 weeks of game time (while still having gone through most of the quests), particularly the bards playhouse quest. Don't really want to have Haerdalis in my group.

I opened up a similar thread in the g3 forum/NPCstrongholds but it looks pretty inactive over there, so I figured I might have better luck here.

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:16 PM

Hi, first time playing around with NPC strongholds, which I love. Except I don't really want to invest so much time into them so I was wonder if anyone know maybe any Global Variables that are the timers for the next quest or issue to fire so I can get to saving Imoen within 2 or 3 weeks of game time (while still having gone through most of the quests), particularly the bards playhouse quest. Don't really want to have Haerdalis in my group.

I opened up a similar thread in the g3 forum/NPCstrongholds but it looks pretty inactive over there, so I figured I might have better luck here.

The globals you ask for are quite different depending on the stronghold you look at and the NPC who holds it.

A comprehensive answer would fill a small booklet.

The best to source to look at them is to go to the NPC_Strongholds/scripts folder in your game directory. Look for the baf file that appears to suit your situation best (e.g. KishEdwin.baf for the case that Edwin has the mage stronghold). Luckily for you, the scripts are named quite meaningful. You will find the globals and triggers that advance the quests in there.Again, the author has named them quite readable, which makes things easy for you (relatively easy).

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:53 AM

Awesome, thanks. Hopefully I can figure it out, at least some of it.