#1 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:41 AM

The Old Gold v0.2
For BGT / BWP / BWS
index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s
"Jewellers and goldsmiths use the name "old gold" to define gold that has been smelted at least 400 years ago. They also refer to it as a "dwarven gold" sometimes."

File Name: The Old Gold
File Submitter: Creepin
File Submitted: 19 Dec 2017
File Category: Miscellaneous Released Mods

Foreword
It took me 5 months to create first five items and 12 months more to create another five, so while the prospect of 1.0 hangs somewhere just beyond horizon I figured I'd release what I have so far - hopefully to someone's liking, and who knows, perhaps I'll get some bug reports or feedback while I'm working on 0.3! ^_^  Or, worst case, if I'll stop the project I believe there's some assets worth salvaging for future use. So here I present you 10 items, both useful and... not so much ;)

Introduction
This mod is aimed to eventually add new items, spells, friends and enemies to the game, but most importantly to bring a feeling of warm and cozy nostalgia to those who know old D&D PC games. Love to these games was, in fact, what gave me inspiration to create this mod, so expect it to bring back both treasures and trinkets of the past.

Keep in mind though that this is v0.2, very much WIP, so there's only few items so far.

Installation
I plan to procure a place for the mod in BWP and, possibly, to update BWS accordingly, but that would happen when there's more content done. So far manual installation like in good old times is the only option. However the mod should install flawlessly upon BWP or BWS megamod. This mod is constructed in such way as to acknowledge many other mods and adjust itself accordingly, so the later in the install order you will install it, the better.This way some rule tweaks done by mods installed before may possibly be ignored by the content of The Old Gold (though I'm having a hard time coming up with a single example of such), but other than that all will be fine.

Compatibility
The mod will need at least BGT (won't work on pure BG2), but will detect other mods installed and adjust accordingly content-wise. Being a compatibility fanatic, I've tried to made this mod as compatible with the rest of BWP/BWS as possible. It should work flawlessly with bare BGT or any combination of mods under BWP/BWS.

Click here to download this file

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#2 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:34 AM

So here I present you 5 items and a promise for more

You know, if you did actually show those 5 items the mod has to offer and maybe tell us how they are available in-game, people might be more interested in testing.

Right now, all the information you give is "this mod has 5 items". Not very much to go on...

#3 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:20 AM

You know, if you did actually show those 5 items the mod has to offer and maybe tell us how they are available in-game, people might be more interested in testing.

Right now, all the information you give is "this mod has 5 items". Not very much to go on...

You are correct, and thanks for the hint, but then again - what surprise would that be if I did so? And what are mods for if not to be surprised a little bit (and hopefully in a pleasant way) in a game you know inside out? :) Not to mention I have already fixed a bug of compatibility with 1PP, so I would rather have not over-exposure this until 0.2, which is 60% done by now.

BTW, two of these are actually shown in the logo ;)

Edited by Creepin, 08 April 2018 - 06:22 AM.

#4 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:04 AM

I would rather have not over-exposure this until 0.2, which is 60% done by now.

Makes sense :)

#5 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 02:10 PM

I have finally finished version 0.2 of The Old Gold, and know what - it's now twice bigger! :D

Well someone might say it's only 10 items against 5 in previous release, but "twice bigger" got some nicer ring to it :whistling: In addition to a new content it got compatibility with 1PP fixed and got some visual bits improved here and there.

#6 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 02:24 PM

Yay to progress und the update!

#7 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 02:34 PM

Yay indeed ^_^

#8 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 04:03 PM

- it's now twice bigger! :D

Hmm, you say that, and it means 15 "new" items... 5 of the previous and 5x2 completely new ones. <_<

What you meant to say was double the (original) size. :P 

Hurray. :D 

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#9 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 01:47 AM

Ok my english might suck but there's no way twice bigger and double the size means different things, you are pulling my leg here! :P

#10 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:14 AM

Twice bigger is indeed x+2*x or as it's commonly refered 3*x, not x*2. Why, because the word big is bended. If it were "twice as big", then it would be x*2. Grammar, man. Never slip with it.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#11 Avalon

Avalon
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 July 2021 - 04:27 AM

Hi,

Does anybody know something about this mod or about the contants of the mod? Which items, which spells, which friends or which enamys? Are the op or buggy or not?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SSI games, items, spells, encounters