Editing array of objects at once via NI

NI Modding Nearinfinity scripts

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Remial

Remial
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:34 AM

Hi, I'm new to the Infinity Engine modding. And I want to rebalance some magic effects a bit, in this particular case, I would like to make Chaotic commands massive.

I have no problem with editing spell that should be cast on entire party; but I do have a problem with multi-editing several fields of basic "carrying" spell effect.

For example in this scrinshot, chaotic commands has whooping 46 effects. And for each level after 9th there is new chaotic command effect field with updated duration time.

So what I want to do, is to edit all of 46 (or less, excluding shining effects) at once, modifying from preset target to -> party. I would also like to update durations as well, which make vanilla leveled spell progression obsolete. I could delete leveled chaotic commands' fields, that update duration of the buff. Can I broke something, by doing this?

a0nZ47I.png

I also would like to export my changes, so everyone could try my casting mod. It would be good to make an installer like gibberlings3 tweaks have. Any guide for doing that?

Edited by Remial, 31 December 2017 - 10:35 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NI, Modding, Nearinfinity, scripts