Photo

Can a VVC play two animations?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:54 PM

There are some fields down in the lower portion of the VVC window that I don't understand. They are cryptic like everything else in Near Infinity. What I would like to do, and my question here is whether anyone knows how to do that, is to make a VVC play one cycle first (a door opening) and then keep playing another (the door standing open). It's a looping VVC, so the idea is just as described - an intro first and then the main picture going on until the end of the duration. I can't think of any standard spells that do this, but maybe someone else can?

#2 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:11 PM

Try VEF: https://gibberlings3...mats/vef_v1.htm

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#3 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:03 PM

Hmm. Interesting. Never used them before.

#4 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:10 AM

Doesn't work so far.

#5 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:18 AM

There is a working .vef example in most of the EE games 'spcomex.vef'.  it is used by comet.pro 

You can use .vef in place of vvc's most of the time.

Edited by Avenger_teambg, 18 January 2018 - 08:18 AM.

Avenger

#6 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:54 PM

Thanks. I'm fine most of the time. The portcullis needed different mechanics anyway, and that obviated the need for those timed animations.