Photo

Updating the fixpack (for end users)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Periel

Periel
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:53 AM

The current directly downloadable version of the BWP fixpack here at SHS is v17.7 from September/October 2017. The Github repository for the fixpack has been updated since then a number of times (with some very important fixes recently, such as Bartimaeus for 1pp, from his G3 Item Revisions Revised mod).

Since there are signs that Leonardo Watson is not actively engaged right now, and therefore not updating the downloadable version here, how can an end user use the Master downloadable version from the repository to update the out-of-date "official" downloadable one? The "master" Github zip does not have a single install batch file, but a number of tp2 files and other different batch files in the root directory, so it is obviously not as simple as just copying/overwriting the component folders...

To the fixpack maintainers: is it not possible to consistently make a "release" version in the repository that includes the latest fixes, independently of Leonardo Watson's releases in SHS downloads, as a download usable by end users? Having good fixes committed there that are never distributed in an "official" release version isn't terribly helpful for the rest of us... :/

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:18 AM

No download ?

No .bat

WRONG. Go here, and use the button that says "Clone or download" -> "Download Zip" ... extract the file to a random folder from which you copy paste the content of the master folder into your game folder and run the BiG World Fixpack.bat ... that's the BWS Fixpack, that is. What you see in the link is the master directory, so it does indeed contain the "BiG World Fixpack.bat", that you need to run the thing ... you were looking some random subfolder probably.

Edited by The Imp, 23 January 2018 - 02:24 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:24 AM

BWP Fixpack v17.7 is the baseline for use with BWP v17.

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4 Periel

Periel
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:34 PM

Jarno, it's a shame you're as obnoxious a troll here as you are over at G3. :(   STOP f***ing stalking me on these forums.

Since I knew what files were in it, I obviously didn't need info on HOW to download the master zip from Github. Constantly treating people as if they are ignorant and answering questions that HAVEN'T been asked is a very helpful way to treat people on a support forum, isn't it?

I'll assume that the package is self-contained and that the extra tp2 files and batch files are unnecessary for the end user (and can be safely deleted) then, unless someone OTHER than the resident troll can add something relevant and helpful...

EDIT: Roxanne, thanks. I was indeed planning to use this in a manual install, but using the BWP manual as a guide for mod ordering. The similarity in acronyms (BWP/BWS) is confusing to new players, as is the fact that 17.7 appears to be the latest version available here as a download (as a widely linked online-public BG mod repository) as opposed to following embedded forum links to a more frequently updated but not-so-visible Github page...

Edited by Periel, 22 January 2018 - 01:14 PM.