Photo

BIG WORLD MOD : BG2 : Ajantis Location ?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Malanir

Malanir
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:39 PM

Hello everyone,

First of all i'm happy to say that playing the EET trilogy with big world has been so far a tremendous experience , i've never thought i would enjoy myself that much on a 15443735th walkthrough of BG :)

The question is the following : 

Where is Ajantis in BG 2 ? 

I saw Branwen in bridge district, Coran in Gate one etc. So i guess that most of BG1 npc can be found with this great mod in BG2, but where is my dear Ajantis (i even gave a couple of Tomes from my BG1 walkthrough to this gentleman) i'd REALLY like to have him again in my party :(

Can anyone tell me ? 

Regards, Malanir.

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:53 PM

Hello everyone,

First of all i'm happy to say that playing the EET trilogy with big world has been so far a tremendous experience , i've never thought i would enjoy myself that much on a 15443735th walkthrough of BG :)

The question is the following : 

Where is Ajantis in BG 2 ? 

I saw Branwen in bridge district, Coran in Gate one etc. So i guess that most of BG1 npc can be found with this great mod in BG2, but where is my dear Ajantis (i even gave a couple of Tomes from my BG1 walkthrough to this gentleman) i'd REALLY like to have him again in my party :(

Can anyone tell me ? 

Regards, Malanir.

Ajantis' return is a quest in itself that is started with the knights you accidentally kill in the Windspear Hills.

You need to accept the quest to rescue Garren's child and find a golden globe far in the dungeon to advance.

Enough spoiler here.

Edited by Roxanne, 29 January 2018 - 10:01 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:41 PM

What Roxanne said is if you installed the Sir Ajantis BGII mod. If not, there will be a cameo appearance of Ajantis in the Windspear Hills, but you'll only realize it if you have Keldorn or Anomen in your party.

#4 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:05 AM

What Roxanne said is if you installed the Sir Ajantis BGII mod. If not, there will be a cameo appearance of Ajantis in the Windspear Hills, but you'll only realize it if you have Keldorn or Anomen in your party.

I was assuming the mod because of the other examples - (That) Coran or Branwen also are only spawning if the mods are installed.The Coran in the Gate area is not the original one in Tethir forest but  a joinable mod Coran.

The Sandrah Saga

#5 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:56 AM

Ah, yes. And Branwen wouldn't spawn at all, now that I think of it.

#6 Malanir

Malanir
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:48 PM

Thanks for all the answers, i see the community is very active and that you all thought of the version i thought have and think this through, im thankfull to that.

@Roxanne ,  i did the entire dungeon and i didnt find this golden glove you are speaking about... though there is a mage i did freeze to death and i didnt get his loot (not the previous final boss, but one before with his fellows ((trying not to spoil here)...  Is it on the final boss's loot ? (i didnt kill him yet).

#7 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:04 PM

Thanks for all the answers, i see the community is very active and that you all thought of the version i thought have and think this through, im thankfull to that.

@Roxanne ,  i did the entire dungeon and i didnt find this golden glove you are speaking about... though there is a mage i did freeze to death and i didnt get his loot (not the previous final boss, but one before with his fellows ((trying not to spoil here)...  Is it on the final boss's loot ? (i didnt kill him yet).

Sorry, I made a typo, it is a globe, a golden ball, not a glove.

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#8 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:28 AM

He should have the golden globe (and all notes you need to solve the quest) on him, so killing him before talking to him shouldn't break the quest, only leaves you with less journal entries.

I didn't spot the typo myself. :(

#9 Malanir

Malanir
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:36 AM

Hi again !

Problem is, i never crossed the way of this guy at all... maybe i dont have the requiered mod (im on a recommended BW installation) i could check the mods i picked and tell you if i have the one needed....

I did go through the dungeon 3 times, no sign of this fellow...

#10 Malanir

Malanir
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:08 PM

Huh i looked inside my BW installation and couldn't find this mod... And it's not even in the list of mods i can install. Is it by any chance called differently in the BW setup ?

#11 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:21 PM

Huh i looked inside my BW installation and couldn't find this mod... And it's not even in the list of mods i can install. Is it by any chance called differently in the BW setup ?

It is *Ajantis NPC for BG2* in BWS and it does not appear in the EET selection and it is not on the EET compatibility list either.

You can find it on the BG2EE selection.

I recall that the author - jastey - was working on EET compatibility. Maybe she will post about the status of it.

The Sandrah Saga

#12 Malanir

Malanir
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:16 PM

Sooooo .... it means the npc i planned on since the begin of my EET team i can't have him anymore ????

#13 Malanir

Malanir
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:17 PM

is there anyplace where i could find this mod and try to install it myself at my own risk ?

#14 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:53 PM

is there anyplace where i could find this mod and try to install it myself at my own risk ?

https://kerzenburg.b...oadlatest&id=62

The Sandrah Saga

#15 Malanir

Malanir
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:42 PM

Ok i installed it and the mage appeared  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: plz marry me !