Posted Image

File Name: Skie - The Cost of One Girl's Soul
File Submitter: Lava Del'Vortel
File Submitted: 29 Jan 2018
File Category: BG:EE Mods

SKIE: THE COST OF ONE GIRL'S SOUL

AUTHOR: Lava Del'Vortel  |  PLATFORM: BG2EE

ABOUT THE MOD:

The mod gives the player a chance to continue the Skie plot begun in Siege of Dragonspear. The DLC gave the Silvershield girl a very important role in it's plot, but I felt it was so important that it should be somehow continued in BG2 portion of the game. The mod has three different components:

=> component A - Skie: The Cost of One Girl's Soul - New quest for Baldur's Gate 2 EE => this component provides a new quest that gives player a chance to save Skie Silvershield after what happened in Siege of Dragonspear. You should be warned, though, that saving her comes with a price. The mod starts in Irenicus' Dungeon, when you find the main quest item.

=> component B - Allow Skie to return as a joinable NPC => this components allows you to join Skie if you decide to help the Silvershield girl and succeed. She will find you after some time. She will start to look for you in certain inns, so remember to stop and rest a while from time to time. The NPC comes with some timered and situation talks, banters with each NPC (at least 2 in SoA + 1 in ToB), interjections, an epilogue and other things joinable companions should include. Note that there is no romance here, as I wanted to stress companionship and loyalty based on friendship rather romantic love. The NPC component was written to enjoy Skie's presence in the group, rather than provide hundreds of lines, but she should talk to you once in a while. In terms of size, she could be compared to Kulyok's Tiax or Coran.

=> Component C - Add brand new SoD oriented items to BG2 => this component adds new SoD refferences to BG2 by adding new few items that somehow correspond to Siege of Dragonspear characters, places and happenings (Skie included). The items are sold by a new merchant at the promenade. He's standing new Lord and Lady Ophal. This component is independent an may be installed without components A and B.

Note that Skie in this mod is supposed to continue the Siege of Dragonspear character, so Skie may be a tiny bit mature, but still a bit reckless and will not hesitate to tell how she feels about people and events. The change in her character may be seen in both dialogues and soundset.

Also, to make her portrait blend in better with Baldur's Gate II style of portraits, the mod uses edited version of her original picture.

NOTE:

The mod is not compatible (story-wise) with other mods that add Soultaker and/or Skie plots to Baldur's Gate II, including my own Skie mod released years ago. The mod will not work well with the Sandrah Saga, as the mod too adds the Soultaker/Skie plot to the second part of the game. Also Eldoth makes a small appearance in this mod.

Click here to download this file

#2 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:22 AM

Dear Players!

It's been so many years since I released my first project. And I just couldn't stop there. I would keep releasing new projects and while it takes more time these days, I still keep providing you new mods. I just like it. In the same time, my mods are all over different sites and sometimes it's hard to get everyone informed about new releases, new updates, remember about all the threads... I also like trying new things. Because of that, I've decided to centralize my work. That means I am moving almost all my mods to... well, a brand new place: Weasel Mods Forums.

There are some project I won't move, though: like those that are part of something bigger than just me. Like projects I released as a part of NPC IEP mods (Valygar Friendship, Minsc Friendship, etc.) or Yoshimo's Remorse I released along with jmaeq.

Nevertheless, if you are looking for my mods, use these links: www.weaselmods.net (forum), www.downloads.weaselmods.net (download)
There is an alternative download powered by DropBox - use it when the usual download site doesn't work:
www.dropbox.com/sh/56dr4q8h2q7djri/AACJfi0A2mV7hFlH3eqDLTcEa?dl=0

I hope you'll enjoy the new place. Perhaps it's not as modern, some solutions may seem a bit outdated, but... I just hope the new site will serve the purpose and that you'll find it at least "ok". The old download links may expire in a while as with time those mods will be removed from SHS. Because of the same reason, mods I uploaded at Beamdog forums will also be available only at Weasel Mods.

Best wishes! Thanks to everyone who's been supporting me for years now. That includes both other modders and all the players that gave my mods a chance! Also thanks to Spellhold Studios, Gibberlings Three, Pocket Plane Group and all the other modding websites out there! You rock!

Lava Del'Vortel