Photo

Changing the drop sound for an item category

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 05:14 PM

There are many categories of items of a miscellaneous mature - Eyeballs, Tattoos, Spider bodies etc. I allow that, for example, Tattoos might be equippable in Torment, but in the BG series they are pretty much all the same. However, they are a good way to direct the buying and selling for special applications. If you want a special merchant to buy only the very special items X, you assign them to, say, the Teeth category and make his store only buy Teeth. All this is an unusually winding lead to my question, which is, is it possible to reassign the inventory drop sound for an item category? All or nearly all of these misc items make a "thud," and that's not appropriate for certain items of mine. I want to include them in a special category, and Spider bodies looks just right for the squishy sound my items should make.

I don't want to swap out the "thud" sound file everywhere, but perhaps items refer to copies or versions?

#2 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:14 AM

itemtype.2da

Avenger

#3 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:01 PM

That strange file has no category names, starts half-way down and ends before the last type's number. But it does work... Is it possible to add a new item type? And by the way, what are the items in ITEMSPEC.2DA? The first one is the Identify scroll, there is no item by the second name. How does this file work, anyway?

Edited by temnix, 03 February 2018 - 12:11 PM.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:04 PM

That strange file has no category names, starts half-way down and ends before the last type's number. But it does work... Is it possible to add a new item type? And by the way, what are the items in ITEMSPEC.2DA? The first one is the Identify scroll, there is no item by the second name. How does this file work, anyway?

Hih. I wonder what the file does, it's not like it's said in the table:

ident.jpg

misc3p.itm is the classes of identification, in BG2.

Edited by The Imp, 03 February 2018 - 01:15 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:05 PM

Yes, it is possible to add new misc itemtypes, Iesdp describes these files.

Edited by Avenger_teambg, 03 February 2018 - 01:06 PM.

Avenger

#6 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:46 PM

Okay, good. Something to look into.