Photo

Garrick not talking to me after killing Silke (EET)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Faenor

Faenor
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:09 PM

After killing Silke I've found that Garrick won't talk to me at all.  I've seen this thread here : http://www.shsforums...-garrick-bug/  which seems to be similar but for the classic version of the game.  When I check the Globals SILKEFIGHTOVER and SPRITE_IS_DEADSILKE in the console they are both set to 1.  I've tried reloading and making sure Silke stays alive for awhile and only attacking her with a couple of characters so she doesn't get a splatter death and still it doesn't work.

Here is my Weidu log:

Spoiler

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:35 PM

You would need

Global("TalkedToGarrick","GLOBAL",2)

Dead("Silke")  // Silke  >>> you checked that already

Global("AttackedMerchant","GLOBAL",0)

PS - that old thread is not valid for EE anymore.

Edited by Roxanne, 08 February 2018 - 02:38 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 Faenor

Faenor
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:43 PM

You would need

Global("TalkedToGarrick","GLOBAL",2)

That was the key, I checked that Global and it was only set to 1, I set it to 2 and I was able to talk to Garrick without any issues.  I don't know why it didn't do it automatically but that fixes things.  Thankyou.

#4 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:14 PM

The global is to be set to 2 by Silke's dialogue when Garrick brings the party to Silke and she explains the job to you.

Either you attacked her before she could do her speech

or

some NPC in party interjected the dialogue and there is a bug in that NPC (maybe from a mod?)

or

there is a bug but it is not related to EET but probably from the original game.

I have never encountered any issue with that episode in numerous EET games I played.

The Sandrah Saga

#5 Faenor

Faenor
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:35 PM

some NPC in party interjected the dialogue and there is a bug in that NPC (maybe from a mod?)

Imoen interjects part way through the speech commenting on how Garrick isn't little at all - can't remember the exact wording.

#6 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:04 AM

Imoen interjects part way through the speech commenting on how Garrick isn't little at all - can't remember the exact wording.

That one should not cause issues - it is I_C_T, i.e. an interjection that preserves the original dialogue structure and all actions executed by the dialogue state it interjects.

If you found nothing else, hopefully it was a single case here. I have played the EET scene many times and Imoen is ALWAYS in my party at this time, never had this issue.

The Sandrah Saga

#7 Faenor

Faenor
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:16 AM

That one should not cause issues - it is I_C_T, i.e. an interjection that preserves the original dialogue structure and all actions executed by the dialogue state it interjects.

If you found nothing else, hopefully it was a single case here. I have played the EET scene many times and Imoen is ALWAYS in my party at this time, never had this issue.

My party members were Imoen. Sandrah, Jenliig, Jaheria and Khalid so the only mod added characters were yours neither of whom say anything at this point.

#8 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:24 AM

My party members were Imoen. Sandrah, Jenliig, Jaheria and Khalid so the only mod added characters were yours neither of whom say anything at this point.

My mod neither interacts nor adds anything to the scene, so I plead *not guilty*. Imoen's interjection is from BG1NPC mod, and it has been like this for ages, is well tested etc.

So hopefully this was a one-time local issue and you can play on without issues.

PS- Sandrah ,may interact with Garrick himself later if you take him into the party, but not during the Silke events. Jen'lig only talks to Garrick if he joined the party.

If you have a save from before the Silke event and you post it here, I could test it in my install and see what happens, just in case.

Edited by Roxanne, 09 February 2018 - 12:27 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#9 Faenor

Faenor
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:36 AM

My mod neither interacts nor adds anything to the scene, so I plead *not guilty*. Imoen's interjection is from BG1NPC mod, and it has been like this for ages, is well tested etc.

So hopefully this was a one-time local issue and you can play on without issues.

PS- Sandrah ,may interact with Garrick himself later if you take him into the party, but not during the Silke events. Jen'lig only talks to Garrick if he joined the party.

If you have a save from before the Silke event and you post it here, I could test it in my install and see what happens, just in case.

Damn the uploader on this site is claiming I don't have permission to upload that kind of file.

Edit;

Uploaded to Google Drive, here is the link : https://drive.google...sx3bkJYigN8KT3d

Edited by Faenor, 09 February 2018 - 01:42 AM.

#10 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:28 AM

Problem is that your upload only has baldur.sav. What is required is the complete save, i.e. a complete zipped folder of a save, e.g. a complete 000000001-Quick-Save folder put into zip/rar...

(If you have the latest version of Near Infinity, you can simply right click on a saved game and export it as zip.)

The Sandrah Saga

#11 Faenor

Faenor
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:48 AM

Problem is that your upload only has baldur.sav. What is required is the complete save, i.e. a complete zipped folder of a save, e.g. a complete 000000001-Quick-Save folder put into zip/rar...

(If you have the latest version of Near Infinity, you can simply right click on a saved game and export it as zip.)

Ok here's everything zipped into a 7z file: https://drive.google...pDcK2Hm4ZVkGuvt

#12 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:00 AM

With your save I have no problem in the Silke encounter, not when I side with Silke nor when I decide against her. The global is always set correctly and Garrick has the appropriate dialogue for me afterwards.

Did you encounter any other problems with Imoen's dialogues before?

(Note. that with Imoen interjecting Silke, it is technically Imoen's dialogue which sets the global,, not Silke's anymore. So if at all, the error might be there.)

Edited by Roxanne, 09 February 2018 - 03:01 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#13 Faenor

Faenor
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 06:30 AM

I haven't encountered any other issues so far, if I do I will let you know.