Photo

When is the party stripped during the BG saga?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:38 PM

I'm making an item that's going to be vital for the main character to have at all times or recover soon. I'd like to know at what plot points the party loses all of the staff, including in SoD. I can make the item critical, but it would still be taken away in Irenicus' dungeon etc. Where else?

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:47 PM

*Staff = stuff, but I understood. Obviously, this happens at the beginning of BG2 and SoD. GeN1e can probably chime in to any specifics as to the latter if needed.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:26 AM

The SCS mod also has an optional mod component that produces a party strip during the Spellhold story arc. Other than that, there's one in the Classic Adventure Total Conversion mod, but it's not part of the BG saga, so...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:27 AM

You also get stripped of equipment in SoD epilogue, when they put you into jail, but you can get it back as soon as you're out of cage. This is basically just one scene.

The SCS mod also has an optional mod component that produces a party strip during the Spellhold story arc

I came to honestly believe it was vanilla :D

Retired from modding.

#5 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:06 PM

At those points we get only some of the equipment back, right? Not all of it? Or none? This item, then, needs to be put in the container, or one of the containers, where the party will find its gear. I can find the names easily enough for the Irenicus stripdown, but not so easily for SoD and the Strategems strip. If someone can tell me which containers they use... But the SoD strip, the one in the beginning, may not be necessary. What is the plot reason why the party is stripped in SoD? I didn't get far along in SoD. If it's not a "they took all your stuff away" situation but rather a "your items happened to be dispersed" situation, I can let the main character keep his item as something he wouldn't part with.

Also the Irenicus stipdown at the end of SoD is going to be different for installations with SoD and without. There are people out there who play BG2:EE without this interim expansion. I should just fix the Irenicus situation on the sequel's end and not bother with the conclusion of the pack.

Edited by temnix, 26 February 2018 - 02:06 PM.