Photo

Mods for BGT not currently included in the BWS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PutridWalker

PutridWalker
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:04 AM

Since the BWS currently has no maintainer, combined with the fact that some modders do not bother to submit stuff for it in the first place, there can be some new mods simply not included in it by now.

Personally I have been away from BG modding for many years now, and there is a bit of a mess when I try to find what new mods exist - most new stuff is for EE or maybe only some components are for old BG, and some mods is updated later to support old BG as well. It's kinda hard to see what is what, not to mention mods are scattered all over the place.

So, I figured some users here might be interested in a thread where we all can list mods we find that work also on BGT that we can install by ourselves manually. This is not a "request" thread for mod inclusion in BWS of any kind, it's simply a collaborative discussion.

I'll start with Southern Edge by Lava Del'Vortel. Link

It was recently made compatible with old BG2 via an update. NOTE: He made a lot of effort porting it but he himself says he's not sure how it will work on BGT - we will have to find out ourselves. I'll be installing it shortly and report back how it installs. Edit: Well, it installs fine :)

Don't be shy now people :) what are your finds?

Edited by PutridWalker, 25 February 2018 - 11:16 AM.

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:55 AM

- The new NTotSC v2.0 replaces the former version + patch

- EET_Tweaks has parts for BGT as well

- the Ascalon mods (quests and Breagar) have been updated and revised by jastey

- Jarls has been redone and even components be added (also by jastey)

- the whole cdtweaks package has been overhauled and is completely changed from what was in BGT before

- RE has many new components

- Ashar NPC

- The Old Gold

- Animal Companions by Ulb

- Complete Rework of the NEJ Universe

Edited by Roxanne, 25 February 2018 - 11:01 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:28 AM

Ajantis BG1 has an additional component for BG:EE and EET (if BG1NPC is installed). OK, that's not BGT relevant.