Problem with Gavinīs parents

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 -vpuebla-

-vpuebla-

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:50 AM

Hello:

I am playing the EET with Sandrah Saga. In Chapter 6, just after killing the leaders of the iron throne and that the Duke of Eltan gives me the book to return to Candelkeep

I've joined Gavin for the first time because I want to make his quests. I do not know how to start. I went to the f Ulgoth´s beard where he tells me to go visit his parents. I go to the house and there is nobody (I know it's the house because I also have a version of BGT with the Gavin mod and in this case, the parents are there).

How can I start Gavin's Quest? I read something of a closed house in Beregost and one Valeria but I can not find anything

#2 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:04 PM

Which version of Gavin are you playing? I thought I fixed this bug in the EE-compatible version.

#3 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:11 PM

Gavin's Parents

check this with console

C:GetGlobal("B!EvieExists","GLOBAL")

C:GetGlobal("B!DarlosExists","GLOBAL")

C;GetGlobal("B!DarlosMove","GLOBAL")

C:GetGlobal("B!EvieMove","GLOBAL")

All four should be at 1 and the parents in the house BG1007

If only the first two are at 1 and the others at 0, they might not have entered the house and wander around the village.

If all are 0, they failed to spawn.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:14 PM

Gavin's Quest(s)

Gavin receives 3 quests from the temple near Beregost. For each one a messenger will call Gavin to visit the temple. Valeria is only the third of them. So wait for the messenger. If you already received the *missing persons* quest,

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 March 2018 - 04:42 AM

Thanks for the answers Regarding the version is version 9. It is from an installation that I made of EET about a year ago (I have little time and I play very slow) Regarding the results of the variables, the first two are 1 but the other two tells me that they do not exist Regarding the quest of Gavin I understand that I have to join the group to continue with the time and wait to be called to the temple near Beregost, doesn´t it?

Thanks for the answers Regarding the version is version 9. It is from an installation that I made of EET about a year ago (I have little time and I play very slow) Regarding the results of the variables, the first two are 1 but the other two tells me that they do not exist Regarding the quest of Gavin I understand that I have to join the group to continue with the time and wait to be called to the temple near Beregost, no?

#6 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 04:56 AM

Thanks for the answers Regarding the version is version 9. It is from an installation that I made of EET about a year ago (I have little time and I play very slow) Regarding the results of the variables, the first two are 1 but the other two tells me that they do not exist Regarding the quest of Gavin I understand that I have to join the group to continue with the time and wait to be called to the temple near Beregost, doesn´t it?

Thanks for the answers Regarding the version is version 9. It is from an installation that I made of EET about a year ago (I have little time and I play very slow) Regarding the results of the variables, the first two are 1 but the other two tells me that they do not exist Regarding the quest of Gavin I understand that I have to join the group to continue with the time and wait to be called to the temple near Beregost, no?

This is an older version of the mod, current one is 13 or so. The parents problem is fixed by now. Older versions had a problem with the locked door to their house. This may be your problem here.

@Jastey - I can confirm that v13 on EET has the parents in the house in Ulgoth's Beard correctly and the door issue fixed. No problem in my game with it.

The Sandrah Saga

#7 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:41 AM

Thank you, I rechecked myself, too. The cheatcode for Gavin's parents would be: C:CreateCreature("b!evie") and C:CreateCreature("b!darlos") They are supposed to be in area BG1007. You should be able to talk to them after cheating them in.

#8 -vpuebla-

-vpuebla-

Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:17 PM

Hello again I tried to create the Givan parents with the commands C:CreateCreature ("b!darlos") and C:CreateCreature("b!evie"), but it says: Error File b!darlos does not exist or Error file b!evie does not exist In addition, I have been playing with Gavin for about 7 days and no messenger has yet appeared. How long does it take? Could this be related to the other?

#9 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:58 PM

Hello again I tried to create the Givan parents with the commands C:CreateCreature ("b!darlos") and C:CreateCreature("b!evie"), but it says: Error File b!darlos does not exist or Error file b!evie does not exist In addition, I have been playing with Gavin for about 7 days and no messenger has yet appeared. How long does it take? Could this be related to the other?

This normally would mean that you do not have all components of Gavin installed. Look into your weidu.log to see which mod components you have.

The Sandrah Saga

#10 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:46 PM

This is my weidu.log. Do you see something wrong?

Spoiler

#11 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:56 PM

This is my weidu.log. Do you see something wrong?

Spoiler

Looks fine.

Does

C:CreateCreature("b!mesngr")

give you any result?

The Sandrah Saga

#12 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:05 PM

It creates a Temple messenger but I can´t speak to him. I tried with charname, Gavin and Sandrah

#13 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:14 PM

It creates a Temple messenger but I can´t speak to him. I tried with charname, Gavin and Sandrah

Yes, it was just to test if you had the creature file.

In order to have him say anything

C:SetGlobal("B!GavinMessenger1","GLOBAL",1)

Edit - it looks like you have an outdated mod version with a bug concerning the parents. This issue has been fixed in later versions already.

Edited by Roxanne, 16 March 2018 - 12:16 PM.

The Sandrah Saga