Photo

A reliable way to control a hostile

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:34 PM

I have an idea, which I just tested, for controlling hostile creatures from outside of their AI. For example, you may want to summon some minions on them and issue commands to LastSummonerOf, but active AI is almost impossible to get a word in edgewise with. The solution turned out to be a trick. If you can't control a hostile, pacify him first. Begin the script of the minion with a command to apply another spell, this one changing the AI Type of the target to GOODBUTRED for as long as you want to order about the creature. Don't just use the Charm opcodes, because many creatures are immune to it. You can continue directly with AI overrides or clear actions first. For better suspension of disbelief include protection from EVILCUTOFF in your spell. This way other hostiles won't attack the one you are manipulating.

And add a Use EFF, targeted at Everyone and EVILCUTOFF, giving hostiles protection from GOODBUTRED. Now your secret allies won't attack other reds if your control slips or if your minion cuts in with commands on cue rather than run a continuous list.

Edited by temnix, 07 March 2018 - 06:43 PM.

#2 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:50 PM

There's DisableAI() action in EE v2.0+.

Retired from modding.

#3 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:28 AM

How does it work? Which is TRUE and which is FALSE? I'm getting results, but I'm not sure they are consistent.