BG1 NPC Project Dynaheir romance

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:43 AM

Hi.

I run a polish BGT installation called WoBG.

I want to get rid of Minsc and keep Dynaheir, anyone happens to know whether i can romance her without Minsc or not? I use BG1 NPC Project, like stated in the title.

#2 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:36 AM

Hi.

I want to get rid of Minsc and keep Dynaheir, anyone happens to know whether i can romance her without Minsc or not? I use BG1 NPC Project, like stated in the title.

WoBG: does that mean World of Baldur's Gate? Never heard of that but it sounds interesting. 

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: you can romance Dyna without Minsc, at least as far as BG1 NPC Project is concerned, I don't know are there any mods out there that change this, however. 

Edited by Greenhorn, 19 March 2018 - 07:38 AM.

#3 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:49 AM

Hi.

WoBG: does that mean World of Baldur's Gate? Never heard of that but it sounds interesting. 

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: you can romance Dyna without Minsc, at least as far as BG1 NPC Project is concerned, I don't know are there any mods out there that change this, however. 

Yes, it stands for World of Baldur's Gate.

http://baldur.cob-bg.pl/wobg?pg=1,2

It's in polish but you can read what mods it contains though. Can you see any mods that may interrupt Dynaheir's romance from BG1 npc project, given minsc is not present?

#4 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:07 AM

You can romance Dynaheir without Minsc.

You do not need Minsc at all for Dynaheir to be rescued and joining your party etc. Only if you have Minsc joined and then you rescue Dynaheir, there can be the issues that both want to leave if you kick one out. You can install either a mod that allows pairs to separate or just simply never recruit Minsc.

Edited by Roxanne, 19 March 2018 - 08:08 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#5 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:08 AM

Hi.

Yes, it stands for World of Baldur's Gate.

http://baldur.cob-bg.pl/wobg?pg=1,2

It's in polish but you can read what mods it contains though. Can you see any mods that may interrupt Dynaheir's romance from BG1 npc project, given minsc is not present?

No, you should be safe. I don't know if BGT will allow you to see final cutscene of her romance though, I think you can see that only in TuTu. Polish community has some really good stuff regarding Baldur's gate games, I just wish that somebody finally completely  translate to english Mysteries of the sword coast.

Edited by Greenhorn, 19 March 2018 - 08:09 AM.

#6 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:11 AM

Just remembered:

There is one extra occurance in the Dynaheir romance if Minsc is in the party. But it is not essential. The whole romance works as well without it

The Sandrah Saga

#7 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:53 AM

Note please, it's not EE but classic versions of BG. You still sustain I can romance Dynaheir without Minsc?

#8 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:54 AM

Note please, it's not EE but classic versions of BG. You still sustain I can romance Dynaheir without Minsc?

No contents has changed due to EE. The game and the mods are the same.

The Sandrah Saga

#9 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:58 AM

I use Xan npc mode and set him to be sorcerer, will he be level 1 when i join him in BG1? Is Sorcerer actually worth taking for combat in BG1 not 2?

#10 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:09 AM

I use Xan npc mode and set him to be sorcerer, will he be level 1 when i join him in BG1? Is Sorcerer actually worth taking for combat in BG1 not 2?

You mean Xan NPC for Shadows of Amn? Never personally tried that option so I can't answer first question ( he is roughly equivalent of my PC when I pick him ) . As for second question it all depends on your playing style, really. I can't see why sorcerer Xan would be any weaker than enchanter variant... 

Edited by Greenhorn, 19 March 2018 - 09:09 AM.

#11 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:41 PM

Is Xan available to have in ToB?

#12 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:07 PM

Is Xan available to have in ToB?

Vanilla Xan is only available in BG1. In BG2 and ToB he only appears if the respective mod is installed.

The Sandrah Saga

#13 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:43 AM

I've just noticed Xan still has the old class of himself in BG1.

Can i change it to sorcerer via shadow keeper and not run into any problems? In BG2 and ToB he is meant to be sorc.

Edit: Obviously i  do have the Xan npc mod installed for BG2 and ToB

Edited by RutgerHauer, 20 March 2018 - 10:50 AM.

#14 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:59 AM

What stats do i have to check in shadowkeeper to make sure that Dynaheir is in romance with me?

#15 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:06 AM

What stats do i have to check in shadowkeeper to make sure that Dynaheir is in romance with me?

Check

Global("X#DynahMatch","GLOBAL") must be 1

Once the romance statrts (in a friendly way first) Global("X#DynaheirRomanceInactive","GLOBAL") will be 1.

The Sandrah Saga

#16 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:14 AM

Check

Once the romance statrts (in a friendly way first) Global("X#DynaheirRomanceInactive","GLOBAL") will be 1.
I have Global("X#DynaheirRomanceActive","GLOBAL" value set to 1, note that it's ACTIVE not INACTIVE, does it mean i am still in romance? And there is no inactive variable at all.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 23 March 2018 - 05:16 AM.

#17 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:21 AM

Check

I have Global("X#DynaheirRomanceActive","GLOBAL" value set to 1, note that it's ACTIVE not INACTIVE, does it mean i am still in romance? And there is no inactive variable at all.

That is fine. Your setting means that you will get the Romance banters with her. There is a pdf guide (bg1npc_romance_guide.pdf) in the BG1NPC folder in your game directory just in case you like to look up further conditions for the lovetalks, e.g. some happen only outdoors or at an inn or when resting in a forest etc..

The romanceactive glpbal will stay at 1 as long you are courting her and goes to 2 when you succeed. 3 means that you made a mistake and the romance is finished.

If I recall correctly, for Dynaheir you also need to do her journal quest.

Edited by Roxanne, 23 March 2018 - 05:22 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#18 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:24 AM

Where can i find Maretha? I've heard it's a part of BG1 npc project mod. People say she is in the cloakwood 4, i have explored the entire map and no sign of Maretha. Can somebody tell me where she is exactly?

#19 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:41 AM

Where can i find Maretha? I've heard it's a part of BG1 npc project mod. People say she is in the cloakwood 4, i have explored the entire map and no sign of Maretha. Can somebody tell me where she is exactly?

Do you have the Jaheira quest with the shadow druids active? And Jaheira in party. Maretha is part of that quest and does not appear otherwise.

The Sandrah Saga

#20 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:47 AM

It turned out i had to visit cloakwood4 then go back to cloakwood3 and walk over the druid hut, shadow druids spawned with Maretha.