Photo

A way to make a weapon non-interrupting?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:35 PM

Is it possible to prevent a weapon's hit from disrupting spells? Damage could be done away with in the settings of the ability, but even a harmless hit with "None" still causes spell failure.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:57 AM

Yes, you can "heal" negative hit points. With opcode 17. Now that also means you need to use the "No interruption when hit with zero damage" rule, that's in some game option. As that comes from ToBEx.

Though, I am not entirely sure the weidu functions take negative values ... but there was a bug report about it multiple versions back and it should have been fixed. So check this first with Near Infinity...

Edited by The Imp, 20 March 2018 - 01:13 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:09 AM

Yes, you can "heal" negative hit points. With opcode 17. Now that also means you need to use the "No interruption when hit with zero damage" rule, that's in some game option. As that comes from ToBEx.

Though, I am not entirely sure the weidu functions take negative values ... but there was a bug report about it multiple versions back and it should have been fixed. So check this first with Near Infinity...

AFAIK 'healing' negative hit points to below zero will not actually kill a character but permamently bug it so it can't die at all...

#4 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:35 AM

Let's stay on topic. Going below 0 has interesting results, different depending on which opcode takes a creature there, but all of that only applies after a hit is registered. A weapon can be made to heal, even, inside its Melee ability, but first comes a shock and a damage animation with a spell failure. This is what I haven't been able to overcome. Perhaps if I make it a Magic ability instead of Melee/Ranged...

P. S. Okay, it's done. Putting an immunity to Damage on top of the hit's effects prevents the damage and the spell failure from it.

#5 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:52 AM

I was wrong: putting damage immunity in hit effects doesn't prevent damage and recoil.