Photo

Party Construction

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Caserius Tendook

Caserius Tendook
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:20 PM

For the last several years I have played various iterations of Baldur's Gate I, II, ToB, and then the EE's when they came out. When I played I played it IWD style and put together a party of my own creation and then just added Immy and One other NPC just to add a little flavor.

I didn't realize how much I was cheating myself with storylines that mattered and falling away from the original storylines that came with the game. I just recently got back into the swing of things and picked up SoD, and then did some research on the whole EET project.  Now I'm back at a point where I'm ready to jump off and start all over again. I have a custom installation all done through BWS and I'm ready to go with many many more NPC's added to the originals, but it's been a long time since I did anything with just One PC so my question is what are the best NPC's to pick up and roll with. I'm going to run a Paladin with a KIT, and figured I might run a Mage too, fill up the rest with NPC's.

So who do you all think are the best ones, most fun for role playing, fits best, anybody to keep to the end?

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:11 PM

Erhm, you should look up the Level 1 NPC mod, it allows you to complete customization of the NPCs, their class, kit and proficiencies. You'll have to manually install the NPC components you'll use, but it's worth the hassle. So no second custom char... I am not sure it works in EET install's... but what ever.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:58 AM

To the OP with regard to storylines, you should try out the "standard party" - meaning you, Imoen, Minsc and Dynaheir, Jaheira and what-his-name. That's sort of how the game's design goes as far as characters. Then experiment with other characters like Branwen, Tiax, etc. Some can be fun and annoying. Also try out the BG1 NPC Project, which adds a lot of dialogue and plot to these characters.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:10 AM

So who do you all think are the best ones, most fun for role playing, fits best, anybody to keep to the end?

Since you play EET, you may be interested in the concept of continuous NPCs, i.e. those that appear in all parts of the game.

Just take into account that Dynaheir and Khalid die before BG2 or that Tiax or Shar-Teel are not availble all over. Look also at mod NPCs that may accompany you through the game.

Or you go for a rotating party and find new companions when it is time to replace one.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#5 Caserius Tendook

Caserius Tendook
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:30 AM

Actually a rotating party is mostly what I was thinking, with adjustments. IMP, thanks for that info I never thought of that and I think I will just do a new non-EET with the custom NPC's that sounds like fun You all have given me a good start, I have been itchin to try Minsc and Dynahier.one last item,I have always viewed Immy as a must have present, but I would like to play with a different thief, is there any "bad" repercussions around to NOT having her around? Thanks

#6 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:51 AM

Actually a rotating party is mostly what I was thinking, with adjustments. IMP, thanks for that info I never thought of that and I think I will just do a new non-EET with the custom NPC's that sounds like fun You all have given me a good start, I have been itchin to try Minsc and Dynahier.one last item,I have always viewed Immy as a must have present, but I would like to play with a different thief, is there any "bad" repercussions around to NOT having her around? Thanks

Technically speaking. Imoen is like any other NPC you take along or not. The game does not change in any way nor does the original vanilla plot. It is just the personal feelings you may have (or not) for your so-called sister.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*