• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Ranadiel

Ranadiel
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:06 PM

I'm running into the following error during installation:

ERROR: error loading [SoS/Worldmap/eet/sos_links.tbl]
ERROR: [SOS/Worldmap/eet/eet-links.tbl] -> [SOS/Worldmap/eet] Patching Failed (COPY) (Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "SoS/Worldmap/eet/sos_links.tbl"))

I'm using the Big World setup with a bunch of mods, but I've tested it without SoS & I get a working installation. I don't know that I could do as well with a manual installation. I really want to get SoS running. What should I do?

Thanks!

PS This is my first time playing BGEE in years, so my memory of the mods & installation process is pretty foggy.

What is the location of your BG2EE game directory? Is this UAC protected?

Did you check that the file is there SOS/Worldmap/eet/eet-links.tbl ? Maybe your download was incomplete?

I encountered this problem and looked through the files to figure out what was going on. There is only a single reference to sos_links.tbl in the files on github and there is no file included in the package by that name. The one instance it is used occurs here:

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~eet~ BEGIN  
COPY ~%MOD_FOLDER%/Worldmap/eet/eet-links.tbl~ ~%MOD_FOLDER%/Worldmap/eet~  
PATCH_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~rot.mrk~) OR (FILE_EXISTS ~data/ROT-RULE.BIF~) BEGIN  
APPEND_FILE ~SoS/Worldmap/eet/sos_links.tbl~  
END  
PATCH_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ctb.mrk~) OR (FILE_EXISTS ~data/CTB-RULE.BIF~) BEGIN  
APPEND_FILE ~SoS/Worldmap/eet/ctb_links.tbl~  
END  
PATCH_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~tdd.mrk~) OR (FILE_EXISTS ~data/TDD-RULE.BIF~) OR (MOD_IS_INSTALLED "setup-TDDz.tp2" "0") BEGIN  
APPEND_FILE ~SoS/Worldmap/eet/tdd_links.tbl~  
END  
INCLUDE ~%MOD_FOLDER%/lib/add_worldmap_tbl.tpa~  
LAF ADD_WORLDMAP_TBL  
INT_VAR  
verbose = 1  
inclSv = 0  
STR_VAR  
path_to_areas = EVAL ~%MOD_FOLDER%/Worldmap/eet/eet-areas.tbl~  
//path_to_areas_bp = EVAL ~%MOD_FOLDER%/Worldmap/areas.tbl~  
path_to_links = EVAL ~%MOD_FOLDER%/Worldmap/eet/eet-links.tbl~  
path_to_trans = EVAL ~%MOD_FOLDER%/Worldmap/%LANGUAGE%/worldmap.tra~  
END  
END

This block of code was only introduced in 1.14d, but based on surrounding code, it seems like it is probably supposed to be rot_links.tbl, which does exist, instead of sos_links.tbl as the ctb and tdd segments of the code refer to their corresponding links.tbl files and it appears to be mirroring the non-EET code just above it. So assuming I am right, the fix is to replace sos with rot in the Setup-SOS.

Edited by Ranadiel, 21 April 2018 - 06:09 PM.

#22 jbwheels

jbwheels
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:59 PM

Wow, good work. I just woke up, so I'll take a look at it and see if I have anything to contribute. I think you're on the right path, though. You probably already know this, but I think any changes will have to be made in the file in the zip archive due to the BWS setup process. SoS cannot be dropped on top of an existing installation, as I understand it, and interrupting the setup process to update the file is too complex. I read that it will have problems running after the worldmap is installed too. Maybe you're way ahead of me, though. I'm going to take a shot at it now.

#23 jbwheels

jbwheels
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 02:15 AM

I changed "sos_links.tbl" to "rot_links.tbl" as suggested by HalfCelestial. It installed without error, but I got an error on startup in bgee.lua -- some string error, I can't remember. There was a problem in an array: the last item had double quotation marks after a parameter. Here's what it looked like:

{"AR4370", "SOS Lyrar's Hold""},

The array is cheatAreas. I deleted the extra quotation marks, but then it crashed hard on startup. The fact that the double quotation marks happen to be on the final item is suspicious. The problem is almost certainly in the SoS code, but I haven't gone down that rabbit hole yet :(

Edited by jbwheels, 22 April 2018 - 02:49 AM.

#24 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 02:38 AM

Well, it installed without error, but I got an error on startup in bgee.lua. some string error, I can't remember. There was a problem in an array -- the last item had a comma after it. Also, one of the parameters in that item had double quotation marks at the end of the string. Here's what it looked like:

The array is cheatAreas. The problem is almost certainly in the SoS code, but I haven't gone down that rabbit hole yet :(

Edit: Oops, I guess that comma's supposed to be there.

Just remove the second " after Lyrar's Hold"

That is the issue discussed here http://www.shsforums...4/#entry601922.

Worked for me when I removed the extra symbol with NI in the lua file.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#25 jbwheels

jbwheels
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:09 AM

Well, it installed without error, but I got an error on startup in bgee.lua. some string error, I can't remember. There was a problem in an array -- the last item had a comma after it. Also, one of the parameters in that item had double quotation marks at the end of the string. Here's what it looked like:

The array is cheatAreas. The problem is almost certainly in the SoS code, but I haven't gone down that rabbit hole yet :(

Edit: Oops, I guess that comma's supposed to be there.

Just remove the second " after Lyrar's Hold"

That is the issue discussed here http://www.shsforums...4/#entry601922.

Worked for me when I removed the extra symbol with NI in the lua file.

Thank you!

#26 -HalfCelestial-

-HalfCelestial-

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:58 AM

Thank you for the assistance, Roxanne and Ranadiel, now everything has installed correctly. Cheers!

#27 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 12:21 PM

I have committed change requests for the previously reported issues to the github database of the mod.

Meanwhile

This needs to go into the SOS folder directly

Attached File  Setup-SOS.tp2   35.14K   291 downloads

This one goes into SOS/lib

Attached File  cheat_var.tph   3.39K   303 downloads

I made a test install with the patches and encountered no issues.

Edited by Roxanne, 22 April 2018 - 12:25 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#28 weigo

weigo
  • Modder
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:52 AM

Both fixes are included in the master file

https://github.com/w...hive/master.zip

Modification:

BP-BGT-Worldmap-v6.6 (Download)

#29 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:07 AM

Both fixes are included in the master file

https://github.com/w...hive/master.zip

Could you please reject my pull request for the Lyar's Hold thing in github. It was covering the second issue. Otherwise it will always appear open among my own github issues, while it is actually solved. Thanks.

The Sandrah Saga