Photo

Does patch 2.5 bring any new mechanics?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:28 AM

I just looked through a list of bug fixes and improvements for the 2.5 patch at http://blog.beamdog....on-25-beta.html , and there don't seem to be any new functions for the toolset. The ones for Torment, like Tint Screen etc., also won't make it to the BG games. Right? I just want to know if there is something I should look forward to.

#2 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:26 PM

Some pst actions did. And a spell flag to allow casting more spells while in sanctuary.

Avenger

#3 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:30 PM

And a spell flag to allow casting more spells while in sanctuary.

Whoa... cool. So is that fully externalized? I.e. totally controlled by this flag? Or is the original list of permitted spells still enforced behind the scenes, and this just allows us to add more?

#4 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:06 PM

I must have missed that in the review of features, though I don't think so. Which effects from PST made it in?

#5 -kjeron-

-kjeron-

Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:51 PM

And a spell flag to allow casting more spells while in sanctuary.

Whoa... cool. So is that fully externalized? I.e. totally controlled by this flag? Or is the original list of permitted spells still enforced behind the scenes, and this just allows us to add more?

It is BIT9 of the spell flags, just above "Hostile".  It works similar to the "Hostile" flag - any spell with the new flag will break sanctuary when cast.  Spells flagged "Hostile" will still end sanctuary as well.  It has no affect on whether the spell breaks invisibility.

Currently the only spell that has been updated is Sunfire.  All other offensive spells without the "Hostile" flag are still castable without ending Sanctuary.

#6 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:39 PM

Currently the only spell that has been updated is Sunfire.  All other offensive spells without the "Hostile" flag are still castable without ending Sanctuary.

That's because Laszlo's done the complicated bits, and now I need to do the rest. :)

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.