RoTerror 3.1 for BG2EE/EET and BG2/ToB/BGT

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 weigo

weigo
  • Modder
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:52 AM

First of all a big thanks for the author Gilgamesh and all the people who made this great mod possible.

A lot of work was done by Ikki and Roxanne, who made the mod compatible for the EE version.

My work was to merge both version into one mod.

I also added a worldmap support for the EET map, with the revised part of Icewinddale (The areas in the far north will show on the map).

https://github.com/w...hive/master.zip

Edited by weigo, 13 April 2018 - 10:42 AM.

Modification:

BP-BGT-Worldmap-v6.6 (Download)

#2 -Teodar-

-Teodar-

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:10 AM

link is dead

#3 -Teodar-

-Teodar-

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:12 AM

the world map one

#4 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:22 AM

the world map one

The worldmap is currently at version 10.2.2. The link in the signature is to a historic version.

Current one is here http://www.shsforums...p-bgt-worldmap/

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#5 -Teodar-

-Teodar-

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:55 AM

Tnx! Unfortunately even with the new version (bws install) the areas of RoT won't appear. Which is why i assumed that the version from signature was some weird modded one specially to work with RoT. Here is my weidu log  - i would be glad if you could offer some help. :)

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
Spoiler

Edited by Creepin, 14 April 2018 - 09:35 AM.

#6 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:24 AM

Go to your BG2EE/worldmap and zip or rar the complete worldmap folder and post it here.

Just to make sure, you started a new game and did not reload some save?

Edited by Roxanne, 14 April 2018 - 09:26 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#7 -Teodar-

-Teodar-

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:48 AM

It was a new install with a new game. However I did reinstall world map to add pvrz version and stuff of the magi manually while game was already in progress.

#8 -Teodar-

-Teodar-

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:50 AM

How do I upload files ?

#9 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:56 AM

How do I upload files ?

Just notice that you are posting as guest not logged in. You cannot upload files here. You could upload it to dropbox or similar and post the link here,

The Sandrah Saga

#10 teodar

teodar
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:05 AM

https://www.dropbox....rldmap.rar?dl=0

#11 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:12 AM

https://www.dropbox....rldmap.rar?dl=0

This is not the file, this is the worldmap mod itself.

There should be a folder called plainly *worldmap* with some files called .tbl and a .tra file.

The Sandrah Saga

#12 teodar

teodar
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:30 AM

Ah sorry, this should be it -  https://www.dropbox....rldmap.rar?dl=0

#13 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:03 AM

Start a new game with a newly created player creature. Start the game.

With console

C:MoveToArea("rr3100")

When arriving there, take a look at the worldmap.

The Sandrah Saga

#14 teodar

teodar
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:16 AM

It works in new game. Arlax appears near saradush. But not in my current save.

#15 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:14 PM

That is usual behavior if you install additional areas after you started a game and then continue from a save. The game will always load the worldmap already contained in the save and not the new and extended one.

You can solve this (if you are still early in the game) by removing the worldmap,wmp from the baldur.sav in your saved game (Near Infinity makes that easy). This operation will force the game to reload the new worldmap when you load the save. However, you will lose the map indication about already visited maps, i.e. you have to explore them anew - this is only for the display of the worldmap, it does not affect the status or the actual areas that you already visited.

All in all, there is no issue with the mod, it is all caused by using a save for a modified install.

The Sandrah Saga

#16 teodar

teodar
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:07 PM

It worked and with the console i managed to restore my map. Thank you very much for taking the time to help! :)

#17 rumtalk

rumtalk
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 03:08 PM

That is usual behavior if you install additional areas after you started a game and then continue from a save. The game will always load the worldmap already contained in the save and not the new and extended one.

You can solve this (if you are still early in the game) by removing the worldmap,wmp from the baldur.sav in your saved game (Near Infinity makes that easy). This operation will force the game to reload the new worldmap when you load the save. However, you will lose the map indication about already visited maps, i.e. you have to explore them anew - this is only for the display of the worldmap, it does not affect the status or the actual areas that you already visited.

All in all, there is no issue with the mod, it is all caused by using a save for a modified install.

Ive tried the various solutions offered and Arlax wont show up on the global map, even when i move myself to it using the console in both a fresh game and my savegame; when I go to the global map it shows me where i was, aka in the bridge district or if i do it right at the start of the game it shows me in the extreme north. I also tried accepted the farm quest right at the gates of Arlax and though it said "your map has been updated" when I look there is no new update.

#18 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 06:36 AM

Have you installed the Worldmap mod ? It's REQUIRED !!! ...if you install BGT-weidu, TDD, SoS, TS, NeJ, RoT, CtB ... within any two or more combinations of.

EDIT: And after installing the mod, you need to start a new game.

Edited by The Imp, 13 April 2019 - 04:00 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#19 rumtalk

rumtalk
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 08:17 AM

Have you installed the Worldmap mod ? It's REQUIRED !!! ...if you install BGT-weidu, TDD, SoS, TS, NeJ, RoT, CtB ... within any two or more combinations of.

Yea I have the latest version installed; Places like westchar arent showing up on the map either. Ive tried both the massive version of the map and the regular one.

Edited by rumtalk, 31 March 2019 - 08:29 AM.

#20 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 03:35 AM

(Split the report of the freezing game upon rest here: http://www.shsforums...game-upon-rest/ )