Minsc doesn't initiate the leaving dialogue

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 -Melik-

-Melik-

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:44 AM

Hello everyone I'd really appreciate some feedback on this problem:
I'm trying to kick Minsc from the group to add Viconia, but once I do add her Minsc starts walking towards my character and then doesn't initiate the leaving dialogue.
This means that he won't go to the Copper Coronet and that I won't be able to recruit him later on.

Any insights?

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:09 AM

Did you try to manually start the dialog ? As the game has the talk button if you only have 1 character selected ... this might be due to plenty of things, but those involve checking if the character is available to a dialog.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 -Melik-

-Melik-

Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:42 AM

Thank you for your answer The Imp.
Once he came next to me and tried to initiate the dialog but couldn't I tried to talk with him, but it's then that I got "Minsc has nothing to say you"

#4 -Melik-

-Melik-

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:31 AM

I just Ctrl-q'ed him and it seems to have worked.

have another question, maybe you could help me as well; Whenever i try to summon a familiar nothing happens (I had a familiar at the end of BG1 - I don't know if the transition between BG1 and BG2 caused this).
Here's a video of how that looks like:

youtube.com/watch?v=QsL2syAzinE

Any idea on why this happens or how I could fix it?

#5 -Melik-

-Melik-

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:54 AM

have another question, maybe you could help me as well; Whenever i try to summon a familiar nothing happens (I had a familiar at the end of BG1 - I don't know if the transition between BG1 and BG2 caused this).

#6 -Melik-

-Melik-

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:56 AM