Photo

Need to set a flag or two in a dialogue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:35 PM

I'm modding the conversation of Jalantha the head priestess of Umberlee in the Water Queen's House. Aside from the options to ask for the return of the body of the child and another option about the geas quest, there is an option to "pay respects at the temple." To this the ready reply is that "Your faith rings hollow," and the dialogue closes. I want to edit this option to let the party, perhaps some alignments, use temple services. Umberlee must be one of the most popular goddesses in a maritime city like Baldur's Gate, whether she's nice or not. For compatibility I don't want to just rewrite the dialogue but rather insert some options with Weidu. In this case I need to unset the "Terminates dialogue" flag and replace the string content so that Jalantha says something else. Ardanis has given me the code to replace a string, I can look it up, but I don't know about the flag. It would be even better to be able to edit the triggers for this line - none right now, to introduce an alignment check or a global check.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 04:33 PM

You are talking about in terms that Near Infinity gives you... but you haven't given the dialog files name... aka xxxxxx.dlg. We need that to help better, but you can literally just COPY_TRANS from there via a .d file, if memory serves me correctly in this case.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:04 AM

Well, the dialog name is JALANT, if that helps. But I don't think COPY_TRANS does the job here. I don't need to copy transitions or create another file, I want to edit an existing transition. REPLACE_SAY may be more appropriate, if that lets me add a proper state with normal transitions, actions, triggers and so on. You know how to use that?