Photo

How To Add An Entrance To An Existing Map ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shurimano

shurimano
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:07 AM

Hi there !

My question : At the moment, I'd like to add it a new entrance. But there's no tutorial for this and I'm just learning weidu language, so I'm afraid of getting loads of errors. How to add an entrance to an existing map, in tp2 file ?

(sorry for my poor English :S)

Thank you a lot !!! 

#2 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:55 AM

With the cool WeiDu functions, adding a travel trigger (exit plus corresponding entrance point) is fairly easy.

Example: bg1re adds an entrance to one of the (so far inaccessible) houses in North Baldur's Gate. Please note that "c#" is my personal prefix, so you need to use your own (see here for link to the reservation topic)

COPY_EXISTING ~%NBaldursGate%.are~ ~override~ //copy the area you want to modify into the override. Note: the syntax for the area code is according to the Crossplatform coding. For BGII, you can just take the area name
LAUNCH_PATCH_FUNCTION ~fj_are_structure~
INT_VAR
fj_type = 2 //travel //insert a travel region (exit)
fj_box_left = 4183 //this is the bounding box: smallest "x" value of the area coordinate grid
fj_box_top = 2588 //this is the bounding box: smallest "y" value
fj_box_right = 4309 //highest "x" value
fj_box_bottom = 2662 //highest "y" value
fj_cursor_idx = 30 //door //curser animation
fj_vertex_0 = 4183 + (2588 << 16) //these are the vertices in which the cursor will switch to the "door" animation and the travel trigger is active (basically the "box" around your exit)
fj_vertex_1 = 4309 + (2588 << 16)
fj_vertex_2 = 4309 + (2662 << 16)
fj_vertex_3 = 4183 + (2662 << 16)
STR_VAR
fj_structure_type = region //needed for travel region
fj_name = Tranc#q1 //name of the exit.
fj_destination_area = c#q111 //this is the mod's area where the travel region will lead to
fj_destination_name = c#Exq111 // this is the name of the entrance point on the mod's destination area
END

LAUNCH_PATCH_FUNCTION ~fj_are_structure~ //now we call the function again, because we also need an entrance point *from* the mod' area to the game area
INT_VAR
fj_loc_x = 4213 //this is roughly the point where th party will be spawned, "x" value
fj_loc_y = 2638 //"y" value
fj_orientation = 4 //W //orientation in which the party will be spawned (facing away from teh entrance, preferably)
STR_VAR
fj_structure_type = entrance //duh
fj_name = c#Exitq1 //this is the name of this entrance point, to be used in the mod's area's travel region for destination
END
BUT_ONLY

Edited by jastey, 07 May 2018 - 08:03 AM.