Photo

Isra level

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 djoki996

djoki996
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 01:22 PM

Does Isra's level scale in BG2 according to the player's or will she always be level 9 when you pick her up? I plan to play Siege of Dragonspear ad I don't want her level to be too low. 

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:50 PM

Typical to the EE npcs, Isra joins your party at a level 2, and if your char has enougth experience, the NPCs gain levels as they join the party. ...At EE games. If you get her at BGT-weidu, you are F'ed, with a level 2 NPC... unless you use Level 1 NPCs xp component or some other thing to add the xp. :P

Edited by The Imp, 27 June 2018 - 04:51 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 djoki996

djoki996
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:05 AM

Typical to the EE npcs, Isra joins your party at a level 2, and if your char has enougth experience, the NPCs gain levels as they join the party. ...At EE games. If you get her at BGT-weidu, you are F'ed, with a level 2 NPC... unless you use Level 1 NPCs xp component or some other thing to add the xp. :P

I meant does her level scale in BG2. I mean, when she joins your party.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:40 AM

Really hard to say anything else than YEAH.

Re-read the post again and there's no other conclusion you could get, is there ? ... well unless you play in the actual BG2 and not within the BG2EE, as then you are left with a bone... as Isra joins as a level 2 char.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 djoki996

djoki996
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:57 AM

Re-read the post again and there's no other conclusion you could get, is there ? ... well unless you play in the actual BG2 and not within the BG2EE, as then you are left with a bone... as Isra joins as a level 2 char.

Oh, got it, sorry, I thought you were talking about BG EE only, since she actually starts at lvl 2 there, for me anyway. So, what you're saying is that she starts at lvl 2 in both games but her level scales the higher level your party is?

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:24 AM

Oh, got it, sorry, I thought you were talking about BG EE only, since she actually starts at lvl 2 there, for me anyway. So, what you're saying is that she starts at lvl 2 in both games but her level scales the higher level your party is? actual experience point amount gets larger when she joins a party that has experienced party leader(charname/bhallspawn), which allows her to gain levels after joining the party

Yes.

#7 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:16 PM

BG2 uses different variables than BG1 specifically to avoid this sort of issue, so unless there's some sort of horrible bug somewhere I'm unaware of, she should always be joining at level 9 in SoA.

#8 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:10 PM

BG2 uses different variables than BG1 specifically to avoid this sort of issue, so unless there's some sort of horrible bug somewhere I'm unaware of, she should always be joining at level 9 in SoA.

Well, you use different .cre file for Isra, that might be level 9(in Isra_bg2_v3.zip) rh#isr.cre, and rh#isra.cre that is level 2 (in isra_v2.3.zip) ... while the real BG2 uses the npclevel.2da and npclvl25.2da -files to work it's magic normally to the NPCs levels, but you aren't extending either of those ... while the EE games now use party joining script that extends the creatures xp to be that of near the party levels.

Edited by The Imp, 28 June 2018 - 10:27 PM.