• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#121 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:07 AM

Thanks gentlemen:

I used  right-click on the file and choose option "save link as".  This got the file downloaded to my desktop.  My desktop is my default download location.

Now to finish modifying my list of mods and components.  Hope to have a game going by November.

Tom

#122 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:59 PM

Hi All:

I came across some updated mods.  Here is my list.

Newer mod                                                                      BWP was

BG2 Fixpack v12                                                             BG2 Fixpack v10
Vlad's Compilation v2.0                                                  Vlad's Compilation v1.0
Region of Terror v3.0                                                      Region of Terror v2.1
Tweaks Anthology v7                                                      Tweaks Anthology v4
Item Revisions Revised v1.5                                           Item Revisions v4 beta 10
Sword Coast Stratagems v31                                         Sword Coast Stratagems v30

If BWP is made to an older version of a mod and you use a newer version of that mod, I perceive the game will get mess up.  The reason being that the number of components may not be the same.  Therefore, commands could be given to wrong statements at the wrong times.  Maybe I am just lost and do not understand how BWP works.

My guess there are more mods that are new than BiG World Project v18.   I hope this helps improves the game for everyone.

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 14 October 2018 - 12:59 PM.

#123 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:01 PM

Hi All:

I came across some updated mods.  Here is my list.

Newer mod                                                                      BWP was

BG2 Fixpack v12                                                             BG2 Fixpack v10
Vlad's Compilation v2.0                                                  Vlad's Compilation v1.0
Region of Terror v3.0                                                      Region of Terror v2.1
Tweaks Anthology v7                                                      Tweaks Anthology v4
Item Revisions Revised v1.5                                           Item Revisions v4 beta 10
Sword Coast Stratagems v31                                         Sword Coast Stratagems v30

If BWP is made to an older version of a mod and you use a newer version of that mod, I perceive the game will get mess up.  The reason being that the number of components may not be the same.  Therefore, commands could be given to wrong statements at the wrong times.  Maybe I am just lost and do not understand how BWP works.

My guess there are more mods that are new than BiG World Project v18.   I hope this helps improves the game for everyone.

Tom

NeJ3v702、bg1ub-v16.0、g3anniversary-v11 、bgqe v18 are also updated 

Edited by new(Mike), 16 October 2018 - 11:07 AM.

#124 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:07 AM

Hi All:

Here some more improved mods.  Most are from Gibberlings Three. Not really my reason for posting, but maybe this will help some players.

Newer mods                                                                                BWP v18 mods

BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters v18                                        BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters v17
Baldurs Gate Romantic Encounters v2.7                                    Baldurs Gate Romantic Encounters v2.5
BG2 Fixpack v12                                                                         BG2 Fixpack v10
Crossmod Banter Pack v16                                                        Crossmod Banter Pack v15
Every Mod and Dog v8                                                               Every Mod and Dog v7
gMinion v3                                                                                   gMinion v2
Item Revisions Revised v1.5                                                       Item Revisions v4 beta 10
Level 1 NPCs v 2                                                                         Level 1 NPCs v 1.9
P&P Celestials v7                                                                        P&P Celestials v6
Region of Terror v3.0                                                                   Region of Terror v2.1
Song and Silence v9                                                                   Song and Silence v6
Shards of Ice v6                                                                          Shards of Ice v5              
Sword Coast Stratagems v31                                                     Sword Coast Stratagems v30
Sword and Fist v10                                                                     Sword and Fist v7
The Sorcerer's Place Collection v11                                           The Sorcerer's Place Collection v10
The Wheels of Prophecy v7                                                       The Wheels of Prophecy v6
Tweaks Anthology v7                                                                 Tweaks Anthology v4
Vlad's Compilation v2.0                                                             Vlad's Compilation v1.0
NeJ3 v7.02 (final)                                                                      NeJ3 v7.02

It is evedent that the listings in WeiDU.log and the listings in BiG World Project ENGLISH are almost the same.  The difference is that WeiDU.log only lists mods and components that are installed in the mega-mod game while BiG World Project ENGLISH lists all the mods and components.  What I would like to do is list all the components of a mod without playing a mega-mod game.  This way I can compare the updated mod with an older mod to compare how they have changed.  This is possible with some mods as that information is in the "readme" files.  But not all "readme" files contain that information.  With BGT, you need code to run the mod to get that information into the WeiDU.log file. Of course, with mods that have only one component, you can use the updated mod without problems.

I thought I might be able to use a SoA - BGII \ ToB game and manually install the updated mods.  At least the mods components would appear on the screen and could be copied.  Slow but useful.  But if the updated mod as code that requires BGT, then could end up a mess.  I have tried to search the mods code, but did not come across any code that resembled information about components as found in WeiDU.log files.  So for now, it is try the SoA - BGII \ ToB game and search "readme" files.

I would appreciate any information on obtaining the mods information about its components.  I think it would be useful in using updated mods in existing BiG World Project WeiDU mega-mod games.

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 18 October 2018 - 10:15 AM.

#125 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:07 PM

tlthough the edition of NeJ3v702 is not change, NeJ3v702 is also updated. according to Vlad,this will be the final release http://www.shsforums...02-new-release/

#126 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:50 AM

Hi new(Mike):

My apologies.  It was kind of you to add that mod.  Somehow I overlooked it when I made the last list.  It is fixed now.

Tom

#127 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 07:49 AM

Now BWP is updated to v18.1

Note: The most recent versions of Vlad's Compilation v2.0 and NeJ3 v7.02 (final) are not included yet. Experience has shown that these mods are always very difficult to include. So this will happen only in v18.2.

Don't use Region of Terror v3.0. It is unsuitable for BWP.

#128 zelazko

zelazko
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 10:13 AM

Is it okay to use BiG World Trimpack v17 with other BiG World Fixpack v18.1 & BiG World Text Pack v18.1 English & BiG World Install Pack v18.1? I have difficulty locating BiG World Trimpack v18.1.

Anyone have uniqueArtifacts v7? I could find only version v6 which says it's incompatible conceptually with Item Revision.

Same with BG1 unfinished Business v14.0_beta_150228 I can only find v16.

Edited by zelazko, 19 October 2018 - 11:51 AM.

#129 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 07:05 AM

where i can find Rukrakia the download link is borken

#130 zelazko

zelazko
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:39 PM

where i can find Rukrakia the download link is borken

I couldn't find the download link for you. However I found email address of the mod author try contacting him darktn(at)naver.com

http://baldur.cob-bg.pl/node/1237

@Roxanne https://github.com/R...otSCEET-Interim can I use this version 171 for BGT? I don't want to install northern tales of the Sword Coast v2.3.0 recommended by the BWP guide because BP-Balancer won't be able to purge excessive overpowered items from that mod with version v2.3.0. I cannot find anywhere NtotSC171.

@Leonardo Watson - In the next update you can add new tweak mod to the list - igi's Tweak mod. According to the description it should work with all Infnity Engine games.

iiTweak is a small collection of tweaks for the Infinity Engine games - all games are catered for from a single tweak-pack, and *only tweaks which will affect the target game will be offered for installation*. The tweaks have not been extensively tested, but they all should work. Bear in mind that some of the tweaks could radically alter the game, possibly ruining game-balance if used irresponibly. If you dont like a tweak, simply uninstall it.

https://github.com/btigi/iiTweak

Components list

Spoiler

Note: The most recent versions of Vlad's Compilation v2.0 and NeJ3 v7.02 (final) are not included yet. Experience has shown that these mods are always very difficult to include. So this will happen only in v18.2.

Big Picture is inherently incompatible with with Vlad's Compilation. Only after I skipped I was able to progress farther issue free in my modsetup though my installation halted because  I am unable to find NtotSC v171. If anyone needs Tortured Souls I have standalone version 7.04 and Baldurash Patch 1.75.

https://www.mediafir.../wd5mzv457oxdl/

///Edits:

@jastey The current version does not contain any overpowered items. The BP Balancer is already included in that version.
Roxanne's interim version was for EET only and is not compatible with BGT.

Jastey says NtotSC 3.0.0 does not contain overpowered items and BP-balancer is integrated cool. I will go with that version.

==========

To the list of Major Tweaks I recommend adding BG2/BGEE compatible mod called Level adder v0.5. It let's you decide to increase the level of the enemy by number you choose thus increasing difficulty drastically especially in BG1/BGEE part of the game.

https://forums.beamd...l-adder-v0-3/p1

Edited by zelazko, 22 October 2018 - 05:51 AM.

#131 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:34 AM

@zelazko

Thanks for your hints. I will try to add those mentioned mods.

Don't use BiG World Trimpack v17. The most recent Trimpack is included in the Installpack.

Please use UniqueArtifacts v6 for now. In v7 the component numbers are changed and you won't get what you want.

I don't see why UniqueArtifacts should be incompatible with Item Revision. IR first changes all items and then the UA removes some duplicates. BWP uses both mods for years and I never heard from any issues.

I didn't notice BG1 Unfinished Business v16 but I don't expect any problems there.

#132 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:20 AM

BG1 Unfinished Business v16  can be installed with BWP18.1 

#133 ChitownWillie

ChitownWillie
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:20 AM

Hi Leonardo,

Attempting to install v18.1 and receive:

║                     W A R N I N G
║                     ═════════════

║       You have changed the process.bat!
║       This file must not be changed!
║       Replace it again with the original file!

Perhaps the checksum needs to be updated?

Thanks again for all your hard work - Much appreciated.

#134 zelazko

zelazko
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:45 AM

I am doing manual installation. How do I convert tenya thermidor v1.5c using PCU? When I open BiG Installpack.bat there is no option to convert mods. I have PCU in my directory. I tried to convert using PCU from BG to BGT but the mod failed to install due to errors.

[G:\Baldur's Gate\Games\BGII - SoA\setup-TenyaThermidor.exe] WeiDU version 23700
{Setup-1pp.exe} Queried (pid = 320) version = 24600
Newest WeiDU is version 24600, updating!
WeiDU files in version order:
  [setup-xanbg1friend.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-White.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-WandCase.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-VCv10.exe] version 24600
  [setup-vault.exe] version 24600
  [setup-valerie.exe] version 24600
  [setup-txtmusic.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-TobEx.exe] version 24600
  [setup-thalan.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-TGC1E.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-TethyrForestPatch.exe] version 24600
  [setup-soa.exe] version 24600
  [setup-sirinescall.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-RoT.exe] version 24600
  [setup-res_fixer.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-PCU.exe] version 24600
  [setup-NTotSC.exe] version 24600
  [setup-mur'neth.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-MulgoreXaviaNPC.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-LostItems.exe] version 24600
  [setup-klatu.exe] version 24600
  [setup-item_rev.exe] version 24600
  [setup-isra.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-IndiNPC.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-GUI.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-gavin.exe] version 24600
  [setup-garrick-tt.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-FinchNPC.exe] version 24600
  [setup-DSotSC.exe] version 24600
  [setup-drizztsaga.exe] version 24600
  [setup-ddrawfix.exe] version 24600
  [setup-DarkHorizons.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-CtB_FF.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-CtB.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-CtB-Chores.exe] version 24600
  [setup-coranbgfriend.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-BW_Herbs.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-BP.exe] version 24600
  [setup-bp-bgt-worldmap.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-BoneHillv275.exe] version 24600
  [setup-bgtmusic.exe] version 24600
  [setup-bgt.exe] version 24600
  [setup-bgqe.exe] version 24600
  [setup-bggraphics.exe] version 24600
  [setup-bg2fixpack.exe] version 24600
  [setup-bg1npcmusic.exe] version 24600
  [setup-bg1npc.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-astScriptPatcher.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-Ascension.exe] version 24600
  [setup-ajantisbg1.exe] version 24600
  [setup-ac_quest.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-ACBre.exe] version 24600
  [Setup-1pp.exe] version 24600
  [setup-TenyaThermidor.exe] version 23700
        Copying [setup-xanbg1friend.exe] -> [setup-TenyaThermidor.exe]: false
[setup-xanbg1friend.exe] WeiDU version 24600
Auto-Updating on behalf of [setup-TenyaThermidor.exe]
        Copying [setup-xanbg1friend.exe] -> [setup-TenyaThermidor.exe]:
Auto-Updating on behalf of [setup-TenyaThermidor.exe] (done)
[setup-TenyaThermidor.exe] WeiDU version 24600
Using Language [English]

Install Component [Tenya Thermidor for BG:EE]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [Tenya Thermidor for BG:EE]
Adding spell B2#TNSTM
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Appending to files ...
Added spell B2#TNSTM
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...

[action list near line 13, column 2 of TenyaThermidor/dialogue/B2#TenyJ.d] PARSE WARNING at line 14 column 1-36
Near Text: )
        Type mismatch in "Face" argument of [CreateCreature].
        Expecting type "integer".
WARNING: cannot verify action ~SetGlobal("JALAPPEAR","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreature("JALANT",[459.531],S)
ActionOverride("Jalantha",Dialog([PC]))
~: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR locating resource for 'CHAIN3'
Resource [BDORN.DLG] not found in KEY file:
        [./chitin.key]
ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [TenyaThermidor/dialogue/B2#TenyB.d]: Failure("resource [BDORN.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Tenya Thermidor for BG:EE], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  23 files for [SETUP-TENYATHERMIDOR.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled     23 files for [SETUP-TENYATHERMIDOR.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Failure("resource [BDORN.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-TENYATHERMIDOR.DEBUG and look for support at: Coutelier (mail@coutelier.org.uk)
Using Language [English]

[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

Btw I managed to get Vlad's Compilation installed together with Big Picture.

Only these components worked.

Spoiler

Edited by zelazko, 24 October 2018 - 02:49 AM.

#135 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:07 AM

@ChitownWillie

It's fixed now. Thanks!

@zelazko

Converting mods is not that simple. Running the PCU is only half the battle. PCU converts BG1 to BG2. But the mods must also be converted from EE to classic. This will be done by the BWP Fixpack.

#136 zelazko

zelazko
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:11 AM

So I should convert 3) BG -> BGT copy paste mod from output directory into main BII- SoA and then run BiG World Fixpack.bat?

///That didn't work. If conversion is possible someone please upload a converted version for BGT. Would skip that mod but given she is unpredictable NPC like Kinderek it's just no way I can do that. :lol2:

Download for the converted BGT version of Tenya Thormidor mod.

http://gibberlings3....=29770&p=264401

[G:\Baldur's Gate\Games\BGII - SoA\setup-TenyaThermidor.exe] WeiDU version 24600
Using Language [English]

[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [Tenya Thermidor for BG:EE]
Adding spell B2#TNSTM
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Appending to files ...
Added spell B2#TNSTM

[action list near line 71, column 2 of TenyaThermidor/dialogue/Angelo.d] PARSE WARNING at line 76 column 1-32
        Type mismatch in "Direction" argument of [Face].
WARNING: cannot verify action ~SetCutSceneLite(TRUE)
FadeToColor([20.0],0)
Wait(2)
MoveViewPoint([1298.216],INSTANT)
ActionOverride(Player1,JumpToPoint([1298.216]))
ActionOverride(Player1,Face(SSE))
ActionOverride(Player2,JumpToPoint([1222.304]))
ActionOverride(Player2,Face(SSE))
ActionOverride(Player3,JumpToPoint([1134.397]))
ActionOverride(Player3,Face(SSE))
ActionOverride(Player4,JumpToPoint([1610.375]))
ActionOverride(Player4,Face(NW))
ActionOverride(Player5,JumpToPoint([1519.458]))
ActionOverride(Player5,Face(NW))
ActionOverride(Player6,JumpToPoint([1441.544]))
ActionOverride(Player6,Face(NW))
ActionOverride("Tenya",JumpToPoint([1042.489]))
ActionOverride("Tenya",FaceObject("Neb"))
SetGlobal("B2#TenNeb","GLOBAL",1)
FadeFromColor([20.0],0)
UnhideGUI()
SetCutSceneLite(FALSE)
ActionOverride("FLAME1",EscapeArea())
ActionOverride("FLAME2",EscapeArea())
ActionOverride("FLAME3",EscapeArea())
ActionOverride("FLAME4",EscapeArea())
EscapeArea()
~: Parsing.Parse_error

[action list near line 32, column 4 of tb#_compile_eval_buffer/TenyaThermidor/Dialogue/PUMBERL.d] PARSE WARNING at line 33 column 1-35
WARNING: cannot verify action ~SetGlobal("TENAPPEAR","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreature("TENYA",[536.648],S)
ActionOverride("Tenya",Dialog([PC]))~: Parsing.Parse_error
Compiling 1 script ...
Extending game scripts ...
Extending game scripts ...

[TenyaThermidor/Scripts/AR8100.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 9 column 1-41

[TenyaThermidor/Scripts/AR8100.baf]  ERROR at line 9 column 1-41
        Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [TenyaThermidor/Scripts/AR8100.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Tenya Thermidor for BG:EE], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  62 files for [SETUP-TENYATHERMIDOR.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled     62 files for [SETUP-TENYATHERMIDOR.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-TENYATHERMIDOR.DEBUG and look for support at: Coutelier (mail@coutelier.org.uk)
Using Language [English]

[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? q
[.\dialog.tlk] created, 171337 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Tenya Thermidor for BG:EE

Press ENTER to exit                                                                               

Edited by zelazko, 24 October 2018 - 06:10 PM.

#137 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:48 AM

Leonardo, is there a chance of customization with BWP? Because to be honest I would like to install only certain component from SCS or 

Baldur's Gate Mini Quests and Encounters Modification

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#138 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:44 AM

In the install.bat at the "Settings" there is the option to "pause at mods with several components and select them by yourself manually?"
This way the installation pauses at every mod with multiple components. All components are listed in the selected language. The preselected component numbers are listed.
You simply can delete unwanted component numbers and add missing ones.

#139 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:22 AM

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#140 ChitownWillie

ChitownWillie
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:24 AM

Thanks Leonardo.

Giving it another try - Looks like the installer is not picking up any mods:

S E T T I N G S
                                ═══════════════

Before you can select between various installation procedures please
      choose the kind of installation.

[1]   Do you want to run the whole installation unattended until the end?
      or
[2]   Do you want to pause at mods with several components and select them
      by yourself manually?
      (Use this feature with caution! Don't complain if the components
      you have edited ruin your installation.)

Please enter 1 or 2

S E T T I N G S
                                ═══════════════

[1]   Do you want to choose a preselection?
      or
[2]   Do you want to filter the mods according to various parameters?
      or
[3]   Do you want to use an installer changed by your own and skip the settings?
      WARNING: This option should only be used by very experienced and keen on
      experimenting players. You probably will run into problems and therefore
      you should be able to use NearInfinity!
      or
[4]   Do you want to install all you can get? (not recommended)

Please enter 1 or 2 or 3 or 4

Which variant of "all you can get" do you want to install?

[1]   NEJ3, BP AI and BP encounters, BP Ascension, Rylorn,
      BG1NPCSoA favored, SOB components, Fullplate, CliffHistory
      or
[2]   NEJ3, SCS AI and SCS encounters, original Ascension,
      BG1NPCSoA unfavored, Item Revisions, Multistronghold
      or
[3]   Sandrah, BP AI and BP encounters, BP Ascension, Rylorn,
      SpellRev with SpellPack, SOB components, Fullplate, CliffHistory
      or
[4]   Sandrah, SCS AI and SCS encounters, original Ascension,
      SpellRev with SpellPack, Item Revisions, Multistronghold

Please enter 1 or 2 or 3 or 4

S U M M A R Y
                                 ═════════════

You have done the following settings:

Game: BGT (BG1 + BG2)
  Quests: none selected
  NPCs:

Tactic mods:
  Tweaks:
  Strength for tweaks:
  including:
  also including:
  mods

[1]   Do you agree with your settings?
      or
[2]   Do you want to repeat your settings?

Possible conflicts will be be solved later!