Photo

BWPv18 released

• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#161 jamesdsimone

jamesdsimone
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:25 PM

Did you check all things that The Imp wrote quite long time ago? :)
http://www.shsforums...the-megamods/ 
Especially not installing in program files folder?

Thanks I'll give it a read through. I still have the problem of the install.bat stopping in the middle of the install. How do I attach the debug files?

#162 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:28 AM

How do I attach the debug files?

You log into with your profile, you might need the profile to have 5 post in the forum... while typing the response, you use the "More Reply Options" which opens the separate window which allows you to attach file. Use a .zip archive for everyones sake. We don't want to download 100 MBs of text file that fits into < 200 KB's.  :devil:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#163 zelazko

zelazko
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:50 AM

7.26 fishing for trouble v3.2.1

Install Component 2 [Optional: Add Fishing for Trouble areas to BP-BGT-Worldmap]? [I]nstall
This component will only be added by the BiG World fixpack

Obsolete description BiG World FIxpack no longer patches (at least for me) Fishing for Trouble mod.

Version v3.2.3 is available on github. Although I don't know what was the update between 3.2.1 - 3.2.3 because it doesn't say anywhere.

I also strongly advise against installing [Stats and Portraits of Viconia and Jaheira. BG1 Viconia and Jaheira can get their BG2 portraits and stats (by Vlad)] from Vlad's Compilation version 10 - VCv10.exe. This will ruin Jaheria NPC in BG1/BGT. She will not have voiceover at all and her generic standard lines/commands are mismatched. Also this component will giver her ++ proficiency in crossbow which she can't use anyway plus ankheg armor which may seem overpowered for some.

Plus there may be issue with components from VC10's [Improved Monk Class (by Vlad)]? and Lost Items Version Revised 2's [Monk +3 AC and +1 THACO Bonus]. Not tested maybe both are compatible but common sense tells me choose one only.

Edited by zelazko, 10 November 2018 - 10:15 AM.

#164 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:10 PM

Hi All:

I had a problem with installing my ancient Shadows of Ahm game.  So I switched to my GOG version. More problems.

After installing the GOG game, I run BGConfig.exe to set up the mod.  After the BGConfig.exe is run, I go to start the game.  I get the message

"Since this is the first time you are running Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal, please that a moment to configure the game. Once you have your settings the way you want, click "OK" to save your changes and the game will launch."

When I close this message, I get a box with a -1 in it.  Click OK on the box  and I get the message 

"An Assertion failed in ChDimm.cpp at line number 834"

I have tried all forms of the file name and nothing works.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Tom

G:\Black Isle\Baldurs Gate II

G:\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate II

G:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA

Edited by tomkaz, 10 November 2018 - 03:30 PM.

#165 zelazko

zelazko
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 07:17 PM

Your baldur.ini CD paths must match your game directory path.

#166 jamesdsimone

jamesdsimone
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 08:36 PM

Thanks for the assistance but I finally gave up using the BWP installer.  I ended up using the guide in the pdf files to install manually.  It took a while but I got everything to install except for one or two. 

#167 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:38 AM

Hi All:

A question about conflicting components. There are quite a few in the mega-mod game. Here is an example.

1)  Big Picture #500 "Generic Mages".  Has the comment "This function is also included in the Sword Coast Stratagems mod. Don’t install both of them".

2) Sword Coast Stratagems #6030 - 6034 "Smarter Mages". Has the comment "This function is also included with Big Picture mod. Don’t install both of them".

Apparently these components conflict with each other.  Does BiG World Project correct the game if both components are installed?  Or 

does the game player need to choose one of these by modifying "individual.bat"?

I assume the player needs to choose one.

Tom

#168 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 10:12 AM

H...

The situation with that is, they both enhance the AI nearly the same way, they add in statistical triggers to spells that aren't there in vanilla game, so that they can be detected. Now, because the way it's used by both mods, the later installed overwrites the former, so if you install one on top of another, a mage could spend it's turns trying to get it's protections up while they are there up already but because the mage is blinded by this, it can't see that, and so can't proceed to kill the player... or if he gets them up, and the player drops them, he might not be able to see that and walk to the player and try to cast Time Stop while in melee of 5 murderer, without any protections. 

I don't honestly know the current system... but in the past, the SCS was kept as the primary mod which would over rule all the others, and it would be defaulted to if it was present.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#169 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:43 AM

Hi The Imp:

Thanks for the explanation.  I went through Individual.bat four times already, but it looks like I will do it one more time. I know BWS forced you to make a choice if you selected conflicting components and BWP will delete some conflicting components automatically, but there were many that the player must make on his own.

I flipped a coin.  SCS came out the winner.  So I will use SCS components when ever I have to choose between the two.

Thanks again for the help,

Tom

#170 ChitownWillie

ChitownWillie
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:35 AM

Hello,

Just a heads-up that something changed with Aurora.

Mod description states:

[Change store buying prices]?

115 4] Reduce to 75% [4]

[Change store selling prices]?

170 5] Increase by 125% [5]

[Change creature gold carried]?

470 3] Reduce to 50% (recommended) [3]

But WeiDU.log (pg.363) has:

~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ #0 #105 // Change store buying prices -> Reduce to 50%: v5.2.1
~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ #0 #180 // Change store selling prices -> Increase by 200%: v5.2.1

~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ #0 #467 // Change creature gold carried -> Reduce to 25%: v5.2.1

Edited by ChitownWillie, 15 November 2018 - 05:40 AM.

#171 Jourin

Jourin
  • 33 posts

Donator

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:00 AM

Tomkaz,
Use SCS for this choice (option 2)
1) Big Picture #500 "Generic Mages".
2) Sword Coast Stratagems #6030 - 6034 "Smarter Mages".
Don’t install both of them".

You need SCS SmarterMages/Smarter Priests for the BG1 enhancements.

Attached are my notes on BP/SCS. I prefer most of the BP AI to SCS but want to optimize every improvement from both.  Below is the best I have that works. Coin toss on the beholder AI because the Beholder Hive upgrades depends on the which beholder AI you use.

I also use the revised battles version instead of BP/SCS and add any tactics not included in either

Unfortunately I couldn't upload XML so I changed to CSV but then lost the color coding and some other analysis tools.

Hope this helps!

Attached Files

• Attached File  BP.csv   6.31K   143 downloads
  • Attached File  SCS.csv   14.51K   167 downloads

#172 jamesdsimone

jamesdsimone
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 10:53 AM

error.jpg

s

Hello again everyone.  Just when I thought I had everything figured out the game crashes when I try to go to the city gate district.  I attached the error message.  Any help would be appreciated.  I've been trying for weeks to get this up and running and now I'm stopped by this. I attached the error message I get. Thanks.

#173 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:45 PM

Hi Leonardo, just a note because my attention was drawn to this: Jarl’s BGT Adventure Pack v0.7.0 fully translated into English.

Edited by jastey, 21 November 2018 - 09:46 PM.

#174 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 01:44 AM

Hi Leonardo, just a note because my attention was drawn to this: Jarl’s BGT Adventure Pack v0.7.0 fully translated into English.

Was that recent?

Edited by Sergio, 22 November 2018 - 01:44 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#175 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 03:44 AM

Was that recent?

Version 0.7.0 always was fully translated and went public in February.

EDIT: Ah, ok I forgot a verb in my post above: I meant it is fully translated.

Edited by jastey, 22 November 2018 - 03:46 AM.

#176 zelazko

zelazko
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 01:47 PM

The guide lists some misleading information regarding 16.21 Mal des Vampirismus. It lists version v1.2 which is German only for English version use v1.1.

Also there is conflict at least on GemRB engine between Mal des Vampirismus and Romantic Encounter component Bohdi Allure. The dialog about turning PC into vampire and RE encounter are squeezed into same conversion. I haven't tried both mods on vanilla engine but on GemRB it gives you empty dialog box for duration of Mal des Vampirismus dialog part.

Also heads up for anyone having component Third Path installed from Vlad's Compilation if you decided to join Bodhi guild. Do not read the letter you get by looting (or pickpocketing) Aran Shadowmaster body. By reading this letter added by Third Path you will break chapter numbering. Stick with your decision you can't go with third path when you join Bohdi, Shadow Thieves or any factions offered by mod Alternatives. 

Edited by zelazko, 22 November 2018 - 02:29 PM.

#177 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 23 November 2018 - 12:36 PM

Hi Jourin:

I have been in and out of the hospital lately so I have not got back to BGT until today.

Your method of sorting out the components that you want and the ones the interfere with each other is great.  I have spent the last four weeks trying to do something like that with comments in individual.bat and Wordperfect, but ended up needing to go back and forth quite a bit.  It never dawned on me to use Excel.  Great work and thanks for the post.

Tom

#178 Jourin

Jourin
  • 33 posts

Donator

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:34 PM

After a few years decided to play BGT again.  Unfortunately my external hard drive crashed and I lost my library of zipped mods.  All I have left is an already installed version for an old (3-4 years ago installation) that I could never get to work so I ended up giving up.  I don't want to use that version.  I would like to install fresh like I usually do.  Unfortunately I can't find at lest two mods for download.  Sandrah NPC v1.11 and The Black Rose:  Market Prices.  Can anyone help? Leonardo used to have a site with all the mods but it looks like it crashed or got changed.  Appreciate if someone has a working link to the files.

#179 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 02:56 AM

You will find here why you can't download it anymore.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#180 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 03:02 AM

You will find here why you can't download it anymore.

Or you can grab it here :)

As for Sandra, BGT version was thoroughly removed by the author from SHS downloads, even archive versions (a feat I thought to be impossible). You could find few of 1.06 beta releases still available here or may be someone has 1.11 stored and could share. I have some odd 1.10/1.09 versions on my HDD, never cared for it enough to grab 1.11 when it got released.

Attached Files

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)