• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#141 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 02:48 AM

@ChitownWillie

Thank you for your report. I made a really stupid error. It's fixed now with BWPv18.1.2 Just replace the BiG World Installpack and start the BiG World Install.bat again. The configuration will be continued where it was aborted.

#142 ChitownWillie

ChitownWillie
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:10 AM

Thanks Leonardo!

I know there's a lot of gotchas to the installation, so I thought I'd dummy it down and provide a "cheat sheet" for those that want to start adventuring as quickly as possible:

[Updated on 10/14/2019 for BWP 18.2.2]

1. Disable all antivirus

2. Remove CD's and unmount Virtual CD's

3. Create the following three (3) directories:

• C:\BWP\Baldur's Gate
  • C:\BWP\BGII - SoA
  • C:\BWP\BiG World Downloads

4. Copy clean BG files to the above:

• BG1 to "C:\BWP\Baldur's Gate"
  • BG2 to "C:\BWP\BGII - SoA"
  • All packed mods (.rar, .7z, .zip, .exe) to "C:\BWP\BiG World Downloads"

3. Copy the following Big World Files to "C:\BWP\BGII - SoA" and extract to that directory:

• BiG World Fixpack v18.2.7z
  • BiG World Installpack v18.2.2.7z
  • BiG World Textpack v18.2 ENGLISH.7z

4. Right-click on "BiG World Install.bat" and "Run as Administrator".

5. Follow prompts in Installer:

• [Enter] x2
  • Language: E <English>
  • [Enter]
  • Welcome to the Installpack: 1 <Prepare a megamod installation (backup and unzip)>
  • Backup: N
  • Unpacking: Y
  • Calculate Folder Size: [Enter]
  • Unpacking - List all mods: Y
  • <Notepad appears with all mods - verify list>
  • Unpacking - Agree : [Enter]
  • Start installation immediately: Y
  • Information: [Enter]
  • Reboot and restart installer: [Enter]

6. Copy select few mods that are double-packed to "C:\BWP\BGII - SoA". Examples:

• Copy all files from "C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\ThrownHammers-6.0.1" to "C:\BWP\BGII - SoA".
  • Copy all files from "C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\Scales_of_Balance-master" to "C:\BWP\BGII - SoA"

7. If using "Baldur's Gate Trilogy v1.20" and O/S = 64-bit Win7, then copy 3 files:

• To: "C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\bgt\install\win32\x86\amd64" <-- Create this folder manually

8. If using "Item Revisions" mod, install revision:

• Extract "IR_Revised-master.zip" to "C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\item_rev" and overwrite all.

9. Right-click "BiG World Install.bat" and "Run as Administrator".
10. Follow prompts in Installer:

• [Enter] x2
  • Game Selection: 3 <BGT [BG1 + BG2]>
  • Calculate Folder size: [Enter]
  • Corrections: [Enter]
  • <Only questionable correction was below - I ignored>
    C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\Auroras-Shoes-and-Boots-5.2.1\setup-aurora.exe
            1 file(s) moved.
            1 dir(s) moved.
    The system cannot find the file specified.
    The system cannot find the file specified.
  • Language: EN
  • Agree: Y
  • List all mods: Y
  • <Verify mods in Notepad, including double-packed like Thrown Hammers, Scales of Balance, etc.>
  • List all mods not existing: N
  • List all mods not successfully installed: Y
  • Settings: 1 <Unattended>
  • Settings: 4 <All you can get>
  • Variant : 4 <SCS, Spell Rev, Item Rev>
  • Summary: 1 <Agree>
  • Preview: 1 <Display>
  • <Press any key>
  • Agree: 1
  • Calculate Clean-up: [Enter]
  • Clean Up: Y
  • Generalized Biffing: Y
  • Clear Out: Y
  • Let the Madness Begin: [Enter]

Edited by ChitownWillie, 14 October 2019 - 09:04 AM.

#143 ChitownWillie

ChitownWillie
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:47 AM

Add to list of updated mods:

Edited by ChitownWillie, 25 October 2018 - 06:21 PM.

#144 ChitownWillie

ChitownWillie
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 08:40 AM

Using SCS v31, and looks like the following was skipped:

Install Component 4110 [Allow NPC pairs to separate]? [I]nstall

My log:

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures protection from Web and Entangle: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // More realistic wolves and wild dogs: v31
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4146 // Skip the Candlekeep tutorial sections -> Skip Candlekeep altogether (warning: breaks the 4th wall!): v31

#145 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 09:03 AM

1) I was checking the xp settings. I would like the bg2 values for locks, scrolls and so on even in BGT. How can I have those?

2) Astscriptpatcher. What is it for?

Edited by Sergio, 26 October 2018 - 09:04 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#146 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 08:17 PM

1) I was checking the xp settings. I would like the bg2 values for locks, scrolls and so on even in BGT. How can I have those?

But the file in BG2 is the very same one in BGT-weidu... it's called "xpbonus.2da". Yes, it's very bad at start levels. Who cares. I do actually, so I make the file to be 1000, 950 and so forth until I reach 0 at level 50. You can do it by hnd by the by. 

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#147 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 11:19 PM

> What I meant is BG2 values for xp, traps, locks in BG1 too. Or any mod added content.

> Leonardo, I've got some notes from Vlad for Nej And Vlad's compilation. I've found them here: http://forums.blackw....php/t5403.html

I add my comments with this style

1) Do not use Fixpack with Vlad compilation (after all he has baldurash integrated) nor tweak mods
2) No multiple strongholds

There shouldn't be anything else.

> Leonardo, there was a pack of item recently released. It's here: https://github.com/A...Heaven_ItemPack

Edited by Sergio, 27 October 2018 - 12:05 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#148 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 05:01 AM

> What I meant is BG2 values for xp, traps, locks in BG1 too. Or any mod added content.

But you do. They use the samefile... just lower your BG2's characters level to 1(vi shadowkeeper), and you get the very same leveled xp you do in BG1. aka, it's tied to the characters level, not game. Just look at the above linked file. nd then just make your own file.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#149 zelazko

zelazko
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:13 PM

1) BGTMusic

I recommend moving BGT-Music installation toward the end of the install order despite the benefits. Installing option 3 full music for BG1-BG2 messed up tracks which were suppose to play in many BG1 areas for example I get Sarevok final battle music when fighting gibberlings and xzarts in Elminister first encounter area. I don't wanna go back 150 or so mods back to reinstall everything gonna have to fix it manually with NearInfinity.

The uninstallation and reinstallation is out of question because it breaks mods like BG1 NPC Project. I don't see Imoen dialogs firing from that mod when I uninstalled BGT-Music (no worries I always keep many directory backups when doing mega installation :D).

2) BG1NPCSoA versus individual BG1 NPC mods for BG2

I am having great cognitive dissonance about this case. The description says technically incompatible because you would have NPC twice. Does it mean both mods  Ajantis from BG1NPCSoA and Jestey's Ajantis BG2 will work but the only issue is that you have NPC twice? Having both Ajantis installed won't break the game? It sucks that BG1NPCSoA batnter components won't install at all because you skip some NPC from that mod if it weren't for that I would skip Ajantis, Xan and Kivan from BG1NPCSoA and install the rest NPCs from BG1NPCSoA.

Whenever I read technically incompatible for me it means both mods will break something in the game when installed together. Did I get it right? :)

3) Ding0 Quest Pack Miscellaneous and Enhancements Ajantis for BG2 mod

It says subcomponent of the component is not compatible. Can I still install Miscellaneous Enhancements component and Ajantis for BG2 mod together? Just do not use dispel spell on knights encounter in Windspear Hill and every will work fine?

2)

Sir Ajantis question answered on G3 The Gibberlings Three Forums Released ProjectsAjantis → Compatibility question (thread)

http://gibberlings3....showtopic=29801

3) Basically unknown what will happen if you install Ding0 Quest Pack Miscellaneous and Enhancements Ajantis for BG2 mod together.

///EDIT:

About Rjali mod

http://forums.blackw...indpost&p=56551

- deprecated mods: Rjali NPC (I was not able to make v9.0 compatible with the classic BG2)

Btw this mod is compatible with classic non-EE version of BGII?

Spoiler

This mod is only compatable with BG2EE. To the best of my knowledge, it will not work with classic BGII, BGT, or EET. I assume the BG2EE specific NPCs are present in the game; I employ script/dialog actions/triggers that are specific to BG2EE; and I have made no adjustments to suit the trilogies. I will note that other users have also had issues with the GOG and STEAM versions; evidently, they trimmed elements that are available in the Beamdog version, eg. the siren .cre and animation, which I use.

I suspect that the main trouble with v9.0 and up is the post EOG victory lap extension.

Maybe this will help.

///Edit:

The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Rjali NPC > Rjali v8.5, For use by BWP BGT

http://forums.blackw...indpost&p=56580

Nullset made version 8.5 available of Rijali NPC mod for all BWP users. Rijali v8.5 misses great deal of content in comparison current v10.1 version for BG2EE but can be converted into BGT compatible version with BiG World Installpack and Fixpack v18 NOT current v18.1.

///Also:

Jastey’s Solaufein (Solaufein's Rescue) 1.3 has crossmod content Ajantis and other mods

There is some crossmod content in this mod. Solaufein's Rescue - jastey's Solaufein NPC for BGII should be installed after:
-Corsymyr's BG:EE Subrace mod (if your PC is supposed to be drow)
-FinnJO's Subrace mod (if your PC is supposed to be drow)
-Welverin's Subrace mod (if your PC is supposed to be drow)

-Gavin BGII
-Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII

///Whenever I run BiG World Fixpack the end log of the patching DOS windows looks like:

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 24600

Installing [creature offset checker] [v1]
Copying and patching 1 file ...

Illegal spell memorization info offset in [planarspheremod\baf\psglobe5.cre] (1884513635)

Illegal item slots offset in [planarspheremod\baf\psglobe5.cre] (1380273219)

Illegal items offset in [planarspheremod\baf\psglobe5.cre] (1398752073)

Illegal effects offset in [planarspheremod\baf\psglobe5.cre] (1313431374)

No valid offsets in [planarspheremod\baf\psglobe5.cre]!

Zeroed spell memorization info offset in [unhardcoded\pst\dmhead.cre]

Zeroed item slots offset in [undhardcoded\pst\dmhead.cre]

Zeroed item offset in [undhardcoded\pst\dmhead.cre]

Zeroed effects offset in [undhardcoded\pst\dmhead.cre]

No valid offsets in [undhardcoded\pst\dmhead.cre]!

I am not worried about file in unhardcoded\pst\dmhead.cre because it comes from GemRB engine files and it is Planescape Torment file.

Ignore those warnings about Planar Sphere Mod?

Edited by zelazko, 30 October 2018 - 10:57 AM.

#150 jamesdsimone

jamesdsimone
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 03:09 PM

Hello everyone I'm having complete failure trying to use the BW installer.  I tried at least half a dozen times using both the GOG version and the disk version.  I had multiple errors that caused the install to fail.  For instance, I had BG2/TOB only installed but the installer kept asking for a BG path.  Also, the installer keeps giving me an error message that I had altered various bat files including the install.bat, process.bat and individual.bat.  I didn't change anything. Copying a fresh copy from the original archive did not solve the problem. I did manage to get to the install phase of the process but after a while the command window closes and two progress windows appear both of which indicate that the install is running.  I left this running for 12+ hours at one point and finally terminated it.  I'm running an i7 4800/win7 professional.  I know it is supposed to take a long time but there was no indication anything was being written to disc.  I finally used the guide written by Chitownwillie(thanks for that by the way, your instructions are a lot clearer than the pdf.  I would recommend adding it to the official guide.) and got the farthest but still ended up with the same result.  I left it running for a while and the BG2 directory had no new files written to it.  So any help would be appreciated.  I remember using version 15 and didn't have any of these problems. The mods I'm using are listed below.

Adalon's Blood                      │ small quest    │ easy               │             │
Adrian                              │ new NPC        │ not voiced         │             │
Ajantis BG2                         │ continuing NPC │ not voiced/not ToB │ adult       │
Alassa                              │ One Day NPC    │                    │             │
Allison NPC                         │ One Day NPC    │ not ToB            │             │
Alternatives                        │ gameplay tweak │                    │             │
Amber                               │ new NPC        │ not ToB            │             │
Angelo                              │ continuing NPC │                    │             │
Arath                               │ new NPC        │ not voiced         │             │
Arcane Archer                       │ new kit        │                    │             │
Area Patcher                        │                │                    │             │
Ariena                              │ new NPC        │                    │             │
Ascension                           │ medium quest   │ hard               │             │
Ashes of Embers                     │ various tweaks │                    │             │
Assassinations                      │ medium quest   │ standard           │             │
aTweaks                             │ various tweaks │                    │             │
Auren Aseph                         │ new NPC        │                    │             │
Auror Kit                           │ new kit        │                    │             │
Aurora                              │ new NPC        │                    │             │
Azengaard Tactical Encounter        │ tactic mod     │                    │             │
Azure NPC                           │ new NPC        │ not voiced/not ToB │ buggy       │
Back to Brynnlaw                    │ medium quest   │ standard           │             │
Bag Bonus                           │ new items      │ easy               │             │
Banter Pack                         │ NPC banter     │ not voiced         │             │
Beyond the Law                      │ new NPC        │                    │             │
BG2 Fixpack                         │                │                    │             │
BG2 Shadows of Amn Item Import      │ new items      │ easy               │             │
Biddekelorak                        │ new NPC        │                    │             │
Big Picture                         │ various tweaks │                    │             │
BP_BGT_Worldmap                     │                │                    │             │
Branwen BG2 NPC                     │ continuing NPC │                    │             │
Chanter Kit                         │ new kit        │                    │             │
Check the Bodies                    │ large quest    │                    │             │
Check the Bodies_Fast Forward       │                │                    │             │
Chloe                               │ new NPC        │                    │             │
CoM Encounters                      │ tactic mod     │                    │             │
Coran BG2 NPC                       │ continuing NPC │                    │             │
Creature Fixer                      │                │                    │             │
Creature Patcher                    │                │                    │             │
Custom Kits: The Spellsword         │ new kit        │                    │             │
D's Odd Quest Mod (Imnesvale)       │ tactic mod     │                    │             │
Dace                                │ new NPC        │                    │             │
Darian                              │ new NPC        │ not voiced         │             │
Deeper Shadows of Amn               │ tactic mod     │                    │             │
Ding0's QuestPack                   │ AI tweak       │                    │             │
Ding0's Tweak Pack                  │ Correction     │                    │             │
Domains of Dread                    │ tactic mod     │                    │             │
Dungeon Crawl                       │ medium quest   │ standard           │             │
Eilistraee's Song                   │ medium quest   │ standard           │             │
Enhanced BG2                        │ new items      │ easy               │             │
Every Mod and Dog                   │ medium quest   │ standard           │             │
Exnem Vault                         │ new items      │ overpowered        │ incongruous │
Expanded Thief Stronghold           │ medium quest   │ standard           │             │
Extension de la quete de Jan        │ NPC banter     │                    │             │
Fade SoA                            │ new NPC        │ not ToB            │             │
Fading Promises                     │ small quest    │ standard           │             │
Faren                               │ new NPC        │ not ToB            │             │
Food and Herbal Mod                 │ new items      │ easy               │             │
Freedom's Reign/Reign of Virtue     │ new items      │ easy               │             │
Foundling: Between the Shades       │ medium quest   │ standard           │             │
Full Plate and Packing Steel        │ rule tweak     │                    │             │
Gahesh                              │ new NPC        │                    │             │
Gavin for BG2                       │ new NPC        │                    │             │
Generalized Biffing                 │                │                    │             │
Ghareth                             │ One Day NPC    │                    │             │
Gibberlings Three Anniversary       │                │                    │ fun mod     │
Haldamir                            │ new NPC        │ not ToB            │             │
Heartwarder of Sune Kit             │ new kit        │                    │             │
Herbs and Potions Add-in for BG 2   │ new items      │ standard           │             │
Hessa                               │ One Day NPC    │                    │             │
I Shall Never Forget                │ small quest    │ standard           │             │
IEP Extended Banter                 │ NPC banter     │ not voiced         │             │
Improved Asylum                     │ tactic mod     │                    │             │
Improved Horns of Valhalla          │ new items      │ standard           │             │
Improved Volcano Pack               │ tactic mod     │                    │             │
Infinity Animations                 │                │                    │             │
InfinityKits                        │ new kit        │                    │             │
Innershade                          │ medium quest   │ standard           │             │
Isra for BGII                       │ continuing NPC │                    │             │
Item Pack by Daulmakan              │ new items      │                    │             │
Item Patcher                        │                │                    │             │
Iylos                               │ new NPC        │                    │             │
JKits                               │ new kit        │                    │             │
Kelsey                              │ new NPC        │                    │             │
Keto                                │ new NPC        │ not ToB            │             │
Kido                                │ new NPC        │                    │             │
Kindrek                             │ new NPC        │                    │             │
Kitanya SoA                         │ new NPC        │ not ToB            │             │
Kivan and Deheriana Companions      │ continuing NPC │                    │             │
LavaIt                              │ new items      │ easy               │             │
Lolfixer                            │                │                    │             │
Lucy the Wyvern                     │ small quest    │ easy               │             │
MegaModKits                         │ new kit        │                    │             │
Mortis                              │ kit tweak      │                    │ experienced │
Munchmod                            │ new items      │ standard           │             │
Nathaniel                           │ new NPC        │                    │             │
Neh'taniel                          │ new NPC        │ not ToB            │             │
Nephele                             │ new NPC        │ not voiced         │             │
Ninde                               │ new NPC        │ not voiced         │             │
NPC Kitpack                         │ kit tweak      │                    │             │
Pack Mule                           │ companions     │                    │             │
Petsy Chattertone                   │ new NPC        │ not ToB            │             │
Prestige Kitpack                    │ new kit        │                    │             │
Psionics Unleashed                  │ rule tweak     │                    │ beta        │
Questor - Mike's QuestMod           │ small quest    │                    │ buggy       │
Refinements                         │ HLA tweak      │                    │             │
Region of Terror                    │ large quest    │ hard               │             │
Retaliator Kit                      │ new kit        │                    │             │
Revised Battles                     │ tactic mod     │                    │             │
RItemPack                           │ new items      │ standard           │             │
Rolles                              │ new items      │ easy               │             │
RTT Item Pack                       │ new items      │ easy               │             │
Ruad Ro'fessa Item Upgrade          │ new items      │ easy               │             │
Shadows Over Soubar                 │ large quest    │ hard               │ experienced │
Shards of Ice                       │ small quest    │                    │             │
Shed's Mods                         │ small quest    │ easy               │             │
Sheena                              │ new NPC        │ not voiced/not ToB │             │
Silverstar                          │ new NPC        │ not voiced/not ToB │             │
Skie                                │ continuing NPC │                    │             │
Solaufein NPC                       │ new NPC        │ not voiced         │             │
Song and Silence                    │ PnP tweak      │                    │             │
Sorcerer's Place Collection         │ new items      │ easy               │             │
Southern Edge                       │ medium quest   │ easy               │             │
Stivan                              │ NPC banter     │ not voiced         │ beta        │
Sword and Fist                      │ PnPTweak       │                    │             │
Swylif Thicc                        │ small quest    │ easy               │             │
Sylmar Battlefield                  │ small quest    │ hard               │             │
Tactics                             │ tactic mod     │                    │ experienced │
Tales of Anegh                      │ large quest    │ standard           │             │
Tales of the Deep Gardens           │ medium quest   │ standard           │             │
Tashia Remix                        │ new NPC        │                    │             │
Teleport                            │ new spells     │ standard           │             │
Tethyr Forest Patch                 │                │                    │             │
The Arena Project                   │ tactic mod     │                    │             │
The Beaurin Legacy                  │ new NPC        │                    │             │
The Bigg Quest Pack                 │ tactic mod     │                    │ adult       │
The Darkest Day                     │ large quest    │ hard               │             │
The Longer Road                     │                │ standard           │             │
The Luxley Family                   │ new NPC        │ not ToB            │             │
The Magnificient Magic Shop         │ new items      │ easy               │             │
The Sellswords                      │ medium quest   │ standard           │             │
The Slithering Menace               │ small quest    │                    │             │
The Tweaks Anthology                │ various tweaks │                    │             │
The Wheels of Prophecy              │ gameplay tweak │                    │             │
The White Queen                     │ medium quest   │ standard           │             │
Throne of Bhaal Extender            │                │                    │             │
Tiax                                │ continuing NPC │                    │             │
Tortured Soul Quest                 │ medium quest   │ standard           │             │
Tower Of Deception                  │ medium quest   │ standard           │ tactic      │
tooltipfix                          │                │                    │             │
Turnabout                           │                │                    │             │
Tyris Flare                         │ new NPC        │ not voiced         │             │
Underrepresented Items              │ new items      │ easy               │             │
Unfinished Business for BGII        │ restoration    │                    │             │
Unusual Oddities Shop (AbyStore)    │ new items      │ easy               │             │
Valen                               │ new NPC        │ not voiced         │             │
Valerie                             │ new NPC        │ not voiced         │             │
Vampire Tales                       │ new NPC        │                    │             │
Vanim                               │ new NPC        │ not voiced/not ToB │             │
Varshoon                            │ new NPC        │                    │             │
Vecna                               │ large quest    │ hard               │             │
Vildra                              │ new NPC        │ not voiced/not ToB │             │
White                               │ new NPC        │                    │             │
Xan BG2                             │ continuing NPC │                    │             │
Xulaye                              │ new NPC        │ not voiced/not ToB │             │
Yeslick                             │ NPC banter     │ not ToB            │             │
Yikari                              │ new NPC        │ not voiced         │             │
Zalnoya and the Shadow Thieves      │ small quest    │ easy               │             │

Edited by jamesdsimone, 02 November 2018 - 03:13 PM.

#151 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:12 PM

I have a different question:

Ajantis BG2                         │ continuing NPC │ not voiced/not ToB │ adult       │

What exactly does "not voiced/not ToB" mean? The Sir Ajantis mod has full ToB content since many versions.

#152 zelazko

zelazko
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:28 AM

I have a different question:

What exactly does "not voiced/not ToB" mean? The Sir Ajantis mod has full ToB content since many versions.

Probably non-updated leftover notes from the previous version of BiG World Project. Current BWP v18.1 lists Ajantis version 18 but the previous BWP v18 listed BG2 Ajantis version 14. It's hard to keep track of all ~500 mods to include them in the guide with the most recent version.

Edited by zelazko, 03 November 2018 - 08:29 AM.

#153 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:39 AM

Ajantis BGII has ToB content since version 12, and I definitely hope that a project of this size tries to keep track of changes in mods if being updated if it's an installation and compatibility guide.

But I'm not trying to annoy anyone. In case it's a left over it's ok but I'd be happy if it would be corrected.

#154 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 12:43 AM

@jamesdsimone
Thank you for your report. I have optimized the installation procedure for BGT several times and didn't ckeck the option for "BG2 only" any more. Obvious I did something wrong. I will fix that with the next version.

@zelazko
Thank you for your reports. I will add your findings to the next version.

#155 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 01:12 AM

@jastey:the error was already corrected in 18.1 

Edited by Sergio, 04 November 2018 - 03:03 AM.

#156 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 03:08 AM

Great, thank you!

#157 zelazko

zelazko
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:27 AM

@zelazko
Thank you for your reports. I will add your findings to the next version.

No prob glad to be of help.

I have another suggestion for Placing Jastey's Ajantis BGII before Faren v3 NPC. Faren has crossmod content (probably banters only) but current guide v18.1 lists Ajantis BG II after Faren in installation order unless there is some caveat between those two mods I am not aware.

Edited by zelazko, 06 November 2018 - 09:27 AM.

#158 jamesdsimone

jamesdsimone
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:16 PM

Hey everyone, I have been struggling to install mods to BG2/TOB.  I have had multiple failed installs with BWP 18.1.  I tried to install a few mods manually just to see if it would work.  I get failure on multiple mods. A few installed ok as far as I can tell but most of the big ones failed. I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. I have the debug files.  If someone could direct me to some help I would appreciate it.  I have been working with the GOG version but I have the disc version as well. I thought the problem was with the BWP install.bat but it seems to be something else.

#159 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:25 PM

What ever it is, we can't really help without any of the .debug info.

#160 Niewiem

Niewiem
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:42 PM

Did you check all things that The Imp wrote quite long time ago? :)
http://www.shsforums...the-megamods/ 
Especially not installing in program files folder?