Changing Mod Setup

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mangix

Mangix
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:26 AM

Hello,

I've started a new game with BWS where I've added the "recommended" mods and a few other additions (mostly some strategic ones); I hope I am right here with my questions.

I was now curious if it is possible to change some things. I was mainly interested in changing the value for "Adjust XP" from EET Tweaks and also add the romance cheat from CD Tweaks / Anthology Tweaks to be able to have multiple romances.

Therefore, I would like to know if this adjustment is possible. If so, how can I do it? Do I just run BWS again and choose all the mods/options that I want? If so, do I have to also choose all the already installed mods again? And if yes, is there a way to "reload" the currently running setup?

Another problem is that I cannot see what the options for "Romance Cheats" are in BWS. All 11 options have "Components are not displayed while using batch-installation" - any idea how I can see them? This text only occurs for this particular cheat. Or maybe anyone can just say which # is "Allow multiple romances".

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:41 AM

...Another problem is that I cannot see what the options for "Romance Cheats" are in BWS. All 11 options have "Components are not displayed while using batch-installation" - any idea how I can see them ?

The reason why they don't have a open options is that the mod is made "poorly" if you ask from ALIEN, as it uses the READLN command, this is because the options in the BWS are sets in via a .txt file, as it needs to, as you don't have subcomponent options, because the use of READLN. That's the short explanation.

Edited by The Imp, 14 November 2018 - 06:00 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Mangix

Mangix
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:11 PM

Is there than a simple way - either with BWS or by for example installing the mod manually again - to do both, add the  particular option of the "romance cheat" and also change the value from the "Adjust XP" change?

#4 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 03:42 AM

I have no idea about romance cheat. Installing "Adjust XP" second time might very well work, you just had to keep in mind that current, already adjusted, amount of XP will be treated by installer as 100%.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#5 Mangix

Mangix
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 12:41 PM

I have the value set at 50% so far and I wanted to change it back to 100%. Does this mean, that the already adjusted XP will stay at 100% or will it get doubled?

And do I have to make a "full" installation via BWS again, ticking all the mods again that I have already installed? Or can I somehow manually just rerun the Adjust XP from the specific mod?

#6 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 02:18 PM

Well, my suggestion is that you backup your entire game folder to another location, or rather make an .rar archive out of it with WinRAR(the extraction is faster than copy). That way you can delete the existing game folder and you have a backup if this go badly.
Now then when you have the backup, you can then delete the EET Tweaks folder's backup folder, and then open up the weidu.log file with Notepad and delete the EET Tweaks entries. And then you can install that mod again as if it hadn't been installed at all, but in your case as it has, you need to adjust your XP's to 200% rather than 100%, as that will adjust the numbers to be 0.5*2.0=1 .

Edited by The Imp, 17 November 2018 - 02:29 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.