• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:21 AM

==>Link to the cre-File Patching List with Mod Names<==

This is a list with all cre-file names that are patched by mods with regards to: death variable/script name; one of the creature scripts slots, and the creature's dialogue.

For now, the cre names are shown in alphabetical order with their BG1 / BG:EE file names. The second column displays the file name in unified OUTER_SPRINT variable naming as described in cmorgan's tutorial "Crossing the Great Divide" and defined in the relevant cpmvars.tpa. The assumption is that you are familiar with the concept of crossplatform coding for BG1.

The idea is, that if you are working on a mod and want to give an existing game creature a script name /death variable (DV), have a look here whether another mod already uses one and use this, too, for compatibility reasons. If you add a script name (DV) to a cre-file that is not on the list yet, please post here so that it can be added. My suggestion for new cases not on the list yet would be to use the file name for the DV, not the ingame character name. It is the safest way with BGT and EET around, not to end in incompatibilities between the game ressources of the two games.

If you need to patch a creature with a custom script, have a look here whether there is still a free script slot or whether it might be overwritten by another mod. Please note: mods patching scripts usually override any other script that might have been there (even if it had the same name). If you need to patch a creature with a script and see from the list that no slot is available, please post here so we can sort out the incompatibility.

The so far considered mods are not all BG1 mods available, and I didn't look at any BGII mods yet. There is no specific reason why I didn't look at the mods that are not considered yet other than that I started with the ones I deal with more often and it took several days until the list was finished the way it is now already. Feel free to provide info of mods that are not considered yet.

Considered mods:

- Ascalon's Breagar v7.0.6 (Breagar) [Tutu/BGT/BG:EE/SoD/BGII/BGII:EE/EET]

- Ascalon's Questpack v2.05 (no cre patching)

- Baldur's Gate Romantic Encounters (bg1re) v2.7 [BG1:TotSC/Tutu/BGT/BG:EE/SoD/EET]

- BG1NPC Project (bg1npc) v24 beta [Tutu/BGT/BG:EE/SoD]

- BG1 Unfinished Business (bg1ub) v16 [BG1:TotSC/Tutu/BGT/BG:EE/SoD]

- Baldur's Gate Mini Quests and Encounters (bgqe) v18 [BG1:TotSC/Tutu/BGT/BG:EE/SoD/EET]

- Dark Side of the Sword Coast (DSotSC) (EET/BGT) v3.0 beta [BGT/EET]

- Drake NPC v1.21 (no cre patching)

- Gavin BG1 v14 [Tutu/BGT/BG:EE/SoD/EET]

- Isra v2.3 (no cre patching)

- Lure of Sirine's Call v15 (LotSC) [BG1:TotSC/Tutu/BGT/BG:EE/SoD/EET]

- Norther Tales of the Sword Coast (NTotSC) v3.1.0 [BGT/BG:EE/SoD/EET]

- Verr'Sza v5.2 [BG:EE/EET]

- Vynd v2 [Tutu/BGT/BG:EE/SoD/EET]

Not considered, because these mods also replace existing cres (so I didn't want to go there):

- Jarl's Adventure Pack (BGT)

- DSotSC (BG:EE version)

So far, all death variables (script names) are in accordance to what is already given in BG:EE, as far as I could see.

Some nomenclature that might not be obvious:

- TotSC - original BG1 with TotSC

- SoD - a game with BG:EE and SoD

- BG:EE - BG:EE game without SoD

==>Link to the cre-File Patching List with Mod Names<==

Edited by jastey, 25 February 2019 - 11:25 AM.