Photo

Been a while since I last did this, some questions.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nocat

Nocat
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:26 PM

Been eyeing that Enhacned Edition of BG1-2 lately, and wondering if its worth modding it. If not I can always go back to the original games.

So been lurking here for a few hours reading posts and Im stumped.

Ive ran into 3 tools I can use, Project Infinity, EET Install Tool, and Big World Setup. Ive used BWS before, but it seems like it's outdated?

Is there is a preferred tool or is it just user taste?

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:46 PM

The EET Install Tool is the BWS(in EE), just controlled by Roxanne.

So yeah, user preferred as usual.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 01:33 AM

I'd recommend Project Infinity but it is in beta and I am not sure all older mods (with a certain structure) are supported.

BWS is outdated, I cannot recommend it any longer, unfortunately.

Regarding the EE Setup Tool from Roxanne it is an open secret that it's not pulling the original mods but some other versions Roxanne puts up somewhere, some also containing unauthorized changes, and also makes tweaks to EET not everyone might want to have, but it is maintained and up to date, so to speak.

So, concerning automated installers you have the choice between pest and cholera, currently. :)

I assume you know the BeamDog's forums? There are useful lists there with mods that are compatible with BG:EE (BG EE 2.0 and Siege of Dragonspear Compatible Mods) and BGII:EE (List of BG2EE Compatible Mods). And there is the EET compatibly list, of course. There is always the choice of doing a modded install by hand, and there is also helpful people around who will help with finding the right install order.

#4 Nocat

Nocat
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 07:14 AM

Thank you for your replies :D

@jastey would you instead recommend going to the original trilogy for a mega modded playthrough?