Photo

Game freezes when trying to rest

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 nyrangerslmb

nyrangerslmb
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:21 AM

I copy and pasted both files to notepad and attached. Hopefully this offers some insight.

Attached Files

#22 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:06 AM

PLAYER1D.bcs would be interesting, and did you try the cheats I mentioned (heal everyone before resting, set the Ellesime dream variable)?

#23 nyrangerslmb

nyrangerslmb
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:24 AM

I did try the cheat. It worked once. I did not get the chance to play again and heal before resting. I will do so and let you know how it goes. In the mean time here's PLAYER1D.bcs.

Attached Files

#24 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:58 AM

I wanted to ask what "worked once" means exactly.

Then I noticed that you posted a Player1D.bcs of Siege of Dragonspear. Your original problem was BGT v1.19. I think I'm out, I do not like the feeling of being spoofed.

#25 nyrangerslmb

nyrangerslmb
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:20 PM

I'm REALLY SORRY there was no intent to spoof, deceive or otherwise!!!  I attached the wrong file. I started the BGEE game as a last resort if BGT didn't get sorted out. What I meant by worked once is, I did the set the Ellesime dream like you recommended rested and it worked. Played a little more and tried to rest and it froze. I just finished a little bit ago, again set the Ellesime dream like you said but healed before resting and I was able to save. When I get the chance I will try this several times in one sitting to see if it solves the problem. My question is do I have to set the Ellesmime dream every time I resume playing or is it a once and done kind of thing? Again my apologizes if I did anything of offend. I attached the correct Player1D.bcs.

Attached Files

#26 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:54 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean to overreact. (Have a look here to understand my reaction. - Or better, maybe do not look there...)

I scanned the bcs files but I do not see anything suspicious, except for the Ellesime dream which starts a cutscene that simulates a rest, so maybe the healing problem described in the other thread is your problem.

Maybe you are "lucky" and healing the party before resting gets you through the game.

The Ellesime dream variable was a one-time thing. If you still have a save before, try not setting the variable but healing the party, maybe the Ellesime dream will even play. (Fingers crossed)

#27 nyrangerslmb

nyrangerslmb
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 01:20 PM

No worries, I'll give it a try and keep you updated.

#28 nyrangerslmb

nyrangerslmb
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:57 AM

Seems like the problem has been resolved. THANKS for all your help!!!

#29 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 05:21 AM

So the crash happens because one of the supposed healing spells casted during rest healing makes it happen. You could start a new game, make a healer similar as your current party varians and select one spell at a time and see which one crashes the game while resting with wounded character. And no, it might not actually be a healing spell... just likely a divine one.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#30 nyrangerslmb

nyrangerslmb
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:37 AM

No, first I set the global ("HadEllesimeDream1","GLOBAL,1") in CLUA Console. That alone didn't resolve. Healing all party members prior to resting, so far (fingers and toes crossed) it works.